North & South: Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

We are currently working on the ammo feature.. just be patient and you will get the first information soon :wink:

Guys, remember, you can easily get 1-shot/1-hit killed in this game. If there's a chance that you don't get killed, there should probably be some way to let you fight a little longer, or at least give you the chance to survive a another hit.

Sir Audiate said:
Guys, remember, you can easily get 1-shot/1-hit killed in this game. If there's a chance that you don't get killed, there should probably be some way to let you fight a little longer, or at least give you the chance to survive a another hit.

you mean like a medic? that would be kinda awesome in Lbs to have a medicamp set up in the back and wounded soldiers can go there, get healed and a small temp speed buff or sth to return to their line faster.

I think a support class would be a good idea, he hands out ammo and heals people. I think that is better than a fixed medic area because then people would camp and not dare to stray far from it. With a medic character, when the regiment is idle he can go around and fix people up.

Although i still like the idea of a fixed ammo area, deployed or not, so it could just be a purely medic class.

Why not just add the medic item(s) to the Ensign? Sure, it's not historically accurate that way, but it does give them more of a significance on the battlefield. Have you ever heard the command "Aim for the ensign!" before?

Sir Audiate said:
Why not just add the medic item(s) to the Ensign? Sure, it's not historically accurate that way, but it does give them more of a significance on the battlefield. Have you ever heard the command "Aim for the ensign!" before?
Yes.
The 2ndLA always aim for the flag bearer. :wink:

Sir Audiate said:

No one aims Officers on purpose !!!!  :twisted: They just get in the way  :lol:

Nytech said:
Sir Audiate said:
lorder167 said:
I would suggest to add indians to CSA, because many indians fought for CSA during american civil war :smile:

A future episode might include them, but First Manassas wont, for the reason kpets made.

Never ever

If we would add Natives with Bow's and Arrow's there will be just food for the muskets and Arty, couse they cant realy do a good job in this game....
or do you think 10 Natives with Bow's and Arrow's can beat 5 Soldiers with Muskets ?  :lol:
And Natives with Muskets dont make sense, couse then they are like the normal units...

The Natives that were with the Confederacy in the American Civil War were armed with muskets. They did not join the military forces, however, until 1862.

Example:
A Chance for Active Service. The Secretary of War has authorized me to enlist all the Indians east of the Mississippi River into the service of the Confederate States, as Scouts. In addition to the Indians, I will receive all white male citizens, who are good marksmen. To each member, Fifty Dollars Bounty, clothes, arms, camp equipage &c: furnished. The weapons shall be Enfield Rifles. For further information address me at Mobile, Ala. (Signed) S.G. Spann, Comm'ing Choctaw Forces

Sir Audiate said:
It would be cool to have Native Americans in-game with muskets, acting like normal line infantry. I mean, why not? Bows could be an option.

I think bows would be over powered. The biggest reason muskets were superior to bows in real life was because it took years to become a skilled bowman, and a matter of weeks if not days to become proficient with a musket. Also a musket would pierce armour and a bow might not.

But in N&S, no one wears armour, and bowmen would either have to be highly trained with a bow, which would be overpowered, (because lets face it, and im not trying to start a big debate, but a trained archer could pretty easily take out a musketman assuming he missed his first shot), and you wouldn't be able to represent the fact that they needed years of training when you can just instantly spawn, or they would have to be very poorly trained with a bow, which would be strange for an indian warrior and rather useless.

So if you wanted to introduce archer indians, i think you'd be stuck between very overpowered or very weak. You can't represent the bows major weaknesses in mount and blade. It would be better just to have musket indians.

Yeah, that's the thing. I stated it as an option, because it would be difficult to incorporate it. I'll be thinking about ways it might work, though. Whether or not they'd actually work, though, is up to the community and, much more ultimately, the developers. I don't think the developers have any plans to put in bows because it would be too much work balancing them out to where it seems pointless.
Maybe it could be included with v0.9,000,000 though. :razz:

The Rebel yell.
Could you possibly get a large amount of people do record their renditions of it and put them all in randomized? since it is the one guy's voice it does not give the same effect the rebel yell actually did. with all the variations due to different voices etc.  :wink: Would love to have that implemented.

Frederickson said:
The Rebel yell.
Could you possibly get a large amount of people do record their renditions of it and put them all in randomized? since it is the one guy's voice it does not give the same effect the rebel yell actually did. with all the variations due to different voices etc.  :wink: Would love to have that implemented.

+1

Frederickson said:
The Rebel yell.

The only issue with that is it would sound silly with one man making the sound of a dozen.

Back
Top Bottom