SP - General No Progression & No Challenge - More balance and Better AI

Users who are viewing this thread

This post is not just about criticizing the game. It's about criticizing the game in a constructive way lightning up some issues about balance.

Now I'm not an expert game developer, so suggestions may come along, but I do what I can, OK?

I will get straight to the points:

Progression

1. Weapons feel the same, no matter if they are entry level or high end. They deal more or less damage, but there is no real difference.

2. Weapons are not versatile. You find the best axe (Bardiche) right from the start made out of the last part in the crafting system.

3. Crafting becomes futile. With high lvl in crafting and unlocked parts (which might take months, but you finish the game in days) you can get just slightly better weapons.

4. Two Handed Swords are useless because you have axes. Two handed swords should do high pierce damage. You can't slash an armor so easily, but you can definitely pierce it. That's deadly in most cases.

5. Troops are progressing very fast. In fact, by the time you even join a King, you have better army than him!

6. Lords/NPC's grow troops too slow. After you capture them and they are released or escape they instantly roam around with whatever they gather from the villages.
Gameplay becomes dull and boring, just a nonsensical farm fest of peasants.

SUGGESTIONS (This is very important)
-Lords should not recruit themselves troops after they lost a battle. They should stay safe in a castle before they raise another army and that should be a powerful one.
-Recruiting commanders should go to the villages and gather men and train them and bring them to the main army before they go in battle.
-The armies should be more powerful, meaning, made out of higher lvl troops. Currently no army has more than few elite troops. Too easy to kill them with just a slightly higher lvl troop armies
NOTE: Players tend to stack higher lvl troops which is normal and play strategically. Give us the fearsome battles from Warband and even more.
-As a consequence no army has calvary because they are just made out of rookies.
-Calvary AI should be really potent when it comes to destroy the enemy! They currently are just stupid and spread and do almost nothing.

SO! In Warband I had great experience and fun battles, ones in which I lost half of my men and was a real challenge. I remember fighting against big calvary armies who charged on my men with so much power.

In Bannerlord there is no charge, there is no calvary enemy, there is no strong AI, no strategy. Press F1 F3/F4 and done!
Every battle finishes in seconds! Maybe it's logic because I charge with 40+40+60 format top troops and they obliterate 400men armies instantly. peasant armies.

Currently the game is like. I go in, I get the axe and the bow, raise 100 men and farm peasants until the end of time!

SIEGES
I'm not gonna say what other ppl said already. And I'm not going to talk about the bugs, fixes, path finding, etc.

Sieges finish too soon and I don't feel I'm going against the number that was displayed at the beginning. Where are they?
If we use a battery ram, why just 10 of my men are going with me on the main entrance? why the siege is finishing so fast?
The block of shielded men we find at the entrance just stay there until they lose and flee and it's done! Where do they flee? In the back of the castle?

So the sieges are nothing. No battle, no struggle. Click and done. Boring.

Frankly I feel like I want to play some Warband. No offence.

And let's not bring the argue "oh it's EA, you don't get it" cuz I know that! This is not about EA. It's about vision and balance, not features that we throw later because it's EA, you know...

So the main issue of the game is not the bugs or the flaws or missing features! We understand that they will come.

There is no progression. There is no challenge.

Last edited:
There's some solid points in there but the final verdict is ****. No progression and no challenge? Read the 9999 topics in this forum complaining about the complete opposite.

There's some solid points in there but the final verdict is ****. No progression and no challenge? Read the 9999 topics in this forum complaining about the complete opposite.

I read about it. There is no challenge. Appart from the sniper looters? The challenge is not in unbalance! That's not the real challenge!

There is no topic about how hard is the game! Link me one!

I play RPG's since the beginning starting with Gothic 1, Blade of Darkness, Rune, so I know better than you what a good progression and challenge in RPG means!
Some kids these days have no idea about what a good game should be like. How old are you? 14?
my "final verdict is ****"... I tell you what. Your attitude is ****.

This game is 2/10 compared with Warband!

One point that I missed. Companions are totally useless. With them or without them same thing. I don't feel like the healer really make a difference and in battle they are super useless compared with average troops.
And I'm comparing with Warband where a companion would really make a difference on the battlefield with good gear and skills.
You could watch Bunduk charging and say, look that's the companion! So funny how he fell off the horse after killing 15 ppl!

Sad is that everybody is concentrating just on the bugs and broken features missing the whole point!
I played it 80h and let's say I reached almost the end game

There is no END GAME. The End Game was from the beginning!!

I quote another guy on the forum "a sand box without the sand"

I was about to actually start linking topics and make a more detailed reply, but then you started with "I know better than you what a good progression and challenge in RPG means!" without even knowing a thing about me. This is usually a red flag for me, it indicates that it is futile to try to have a fruitful conversation with such a person.

I'm 22 years old, but what's wrong with being 14 ? I enjoyed and played even more games when I was 14 than now.

I feel the same about the companion system being incomplete, my suspicion is that it's still work in progress. Same with other parts of the game. But you're comparing it to warband which is a finished game. That's why I have to disagree with your 'final verdict'. The framework for progression and challenge is definitely there. It's just not that smooth / fully polished.

You do realize single player is far from finished yet right? to complain about "THERE'S NO END GAME!!!" is pretty pointless at this point friend...

Of all your points the one I agree the most os crafting, at present it's pretty useless indeed, by the time I can craft anything worth a damn I already found or bough pretty good gear anyway, the only kick to it is that you can name a weapon whatever you want.

All of that is going to be tweaked throughout EA

But to say that currently there is NO progression or challenge is moronic to say the least, so in YOUR opinion all there is to it is that you go, find some axe and a bow, and then that's it, well, that's not my experience in the slightest.

I was about to actually start linking topics and make a more detailed reply, but then you started with "I know better than you what a good progression and challenge in RPG means!" without even knowing a thing about me. This is usually a red flag for me, it indicates that it is futile to try to have a fruitful conversation with such a person.

I'm 22 years old, but what's wrong with being 14 ? I enjoyed and played even more games when I was 14 than now.

I feel the same about the companion system being incomplete, my suspicion is that it's still work in progress. Same with other parts of the game. But you're comparing it to warband which is a finished game. That's why I have to disagree with your 'final verdict'. The framework for progression and challenge is definitely there. It's just not that smooth / fully polished.

If you say my point is **** just because you think so, you don't know what a good RPG means! Sorry!
I mean, I even compared it with Warband. We should expect something better, even it's EA!!!

It's impossible to start from a lower level than the previous game even on EA! dudes! I've been playing early access games a lot!

Warband is finished and it's unfair to compare it? I was talking about the basic core dude, not details! You build something on a foundation! You start with the foundation!

BUT! I just made my point and gave some suggestions or list problems to address!
Instead be outrage and defend the game like a fanboy, why don't you give some suggestions to make the game better?

"smooth/fully polished" are fancy words and very relative.

I dont need to suggest anything, I've been following the suggestions forum and the devs already have plenty of good suggestions. I believe everything I want from this game is already discussed there.

I personally feel it is an improvement over warband IF some minor things get fixed. But of course this is subjective, you are free to have your own opinion.

I dont need to suggest anything, I've been following the suggestions forum and the devs already have plenty of good suggestions. I believe everything I want from this game is already discussed there.

I personally feel it is an improvement over warband IF some minor things get fixed. But of course this is subjective, you are free to have your own opinion.

But this is the suggestion forum!
I've changes the title so it makes it more clear that's about balance and AI scripting.
More ppl pointed out that in late game lords become weaker and there is no point in fighting them.
I've never had one single epic battle in this game (maybe one slightly epic). Not like in Warband.

Back
Top Bottom