Next version of NE

Users who are viewing this thread

Just so you know, I haven't been dead, and I have been occasionally working on NE.

Honestly at this time I'm more interested in adding features than squashing bugs, just because the bug squashing doesn't interest me and I find it soul-crushing, SOOO... I just wanted to make that clear. I am planning to release a new version sometime, which will have

* A highly integrated quest with the Dark Knights that makes them a mid and end game challenge
* The ability for the Dark Knights to acquire territory on invasion through subterfuge, basically just outright stealing a city
* The ability for the Dark Knights to be permanently squashed

Yay!! Welcome back, Soulmata!  :mrgreen:

Did all the original authors for this NE mod leave and Soulmata the only man stayed behind?

That's just ... really sad!  :cry:

in addition to dark knight changes, will I be able to recruit Lady Larktin just like I did with other defeated monarchs?

dynasyhan said:
Did all the original authors for this NE mod leave and Soulmata the only man stayed behind?

in addition to dark knight changes, will I be able to recruit Lady Larktin just like I did with other defeated monarchs?

1) More or less yes. I don't hold it against them, though. Modding is time-intensive and you can't stay interested in it forever.

2) Probably not. Much of the DK dialog is custom, and kind of expects that she's independent. However, I do plan the ability for the player to execute her.

brzi said:
will i be able to see lady larktin's tits?

She had a double mastectomy.

Well, in next version, i would like to see troops with tabards, so that the noble banner is visible on every soldier (like it was on the NE for mount and blade, if i am not wrong)

Here is another more painful option than Executing lady larktin: Player can force her to marry him!  :mrgreen:

Brzi married Lady Larktin in real life.

Zapper said:
Well, in next version, i would like to see troops with tabards, so that the noble banner is visible on every soldier (like it was on the NE for mount and blade, if i am not wrong)

armor with tabards are fairly limited, and troop balance is far more important than aesthetics, so i won't be doing this

note the source code is available, though, so you are welcome to modify the troop list and build NE with that.

dynasyhan said:
Here is another more painful option than Executing lady larktin: Player can force her to marry him!  :mrgreen:

Brzi married Lady Larktin in real life.

i would personally like to implement execution for any non-monarch lord in the game, at some extreme cost to the player.

Good to hear this :smile: It's a great mod even now, and dark knights and their invasion is a big part in it. Have to admit that I'd like more story options such as marrying Arwa the Pearled One (I think you can do this in diplomacy mod or such), but I guess it would be more rewarding to have well scaling combat system, troops and lords throughout the game.

Don't want to complain, but if it's doable, it would be nice to see kind of "game crushing" bugs to get squashed, too. No matter how good the mod is, if you have to load an ancient saved game because of a bug that happened at some point (companion not returning or faction not getting destroyed), it completely crushes your motivation to play. Something like minor map bugs or such are just what you get when you want more content via playing mods IMO.

Overall, great job, gg and sincere thanks for this experience :smile: Maybe I'll try out the next version, when it comes out, as well.

Netmonkey said:
(companion not returning or faction not getting destroyed), it completely crushes your motivation to play. Something like minor map bugs or such are just what you get when you want more content via playing mods IMO.

I don't think either of those are actually bugs. As I mentioned in the bugs thread:

* For a faction to be destroyed, it must have no centers and no active lord parties, and that includes ones who are hiding in a neutral castle somewhere. It's highly probable there's still a Lord out there who hasn't been defeated. Check their lords one by one in the kingdom list. If there's even one remaining, go find him, defeat him and imprison him. If you have a savegame you believe is truly bugged where a faction can't be defeated, please send the game to me and tell me what version of NE you are using.
* The companions disappearing are usually just them taking some time to return. It can take literally weeks to return, especially if the target they were after disappeared in the meantime. I've seen it take 30+ days for someone to return.

If they truly never return, they should have dumped a "So and so has left the realm" message. If they did, their name will no longer appear in the character list. If the latter is true, let me know, though it may be a native bug.

prudislav said:
Any ETA for your new version? BTW: Will be v1.157 compatible?

I second this motion. Really want to see some of the new features I've seen you alude to, especially certain changes that will make the DK's more fearsome - like making their lords not leave after about 2 minutes hahah :smile:

#1 feast bug:
erm, if u cant really fix it, maybe just force dudes to come, not sure how to put it but i am pretty sure there is something in script thingy saying them when to come and stick or not to come at all to my parteh... hopefully its small work but would help if not fix =D

#2 unit trees: i really miss the old imba lvl 999999 knights and endless teching of troops, i see what u guys did there making gaps btw peasant/noble/elite, and i love it, but i prefer having some more upgrades on all units, when i played this version i just hunted black knight caravans and knocked 'dem up, recruirt and steamroll the map with 40+ horseman
mb overally upgrade units like in this example:
- swadians cant get knights from peasants, but their peasant line should have a lvl 25-30 usefull pikeman/capitan, that doesnt have a one-handed mace and no shield :grin:
what i did with morghs is, i changed capitain into another upgrade for halberdier(26 lvl guy that can do something actually) made crossbowman lvl 21 and added some stats, priest is a zweihander lvl 28 =D (i really dont see a point to them when u already have paladins), and paladin got extra upgrade into crusader :eek: lvl 42

#3 companions : they troll, jinnai spawns nords ??? i might missread something but he aint a nord ? Nevermind, it might be a mistake made by my reads but what i would like is a companion (Achilles wise for veigar) for each faction :razz:, all others spawn swadian(or mb its culture dependant)... not sure but it would be cool if we had a lord for each of the factions
also it would be cool if their relation doesnt drop to every single fief given to others :sad:

#4 looting: what ??? i gave all early points to agi, and still i get trash :/  I really wanned to see if epics(skullcrusher, lady black knight something, ragnars axe) drop, i got ragnars axe but.... zzzzzz im still unhappy with my 10 loot :/
i "finished" game 2 times, on easy mode just so i get all units to work for each and every faction, and didnt find a masterwork ivory bow...

#5 buidlings: bookstore ???? maybe get a blacksmith to upgrade to masterwork items ? from normal to masterwork (since u cant bloody find everything u need) and imagine u kill a faction leader like 10000 times and cant find a better version than normal to his weapon :X, that'd be so lame, yes ?

#6 fiefs: a lil' bit less messy fief management ? you cant award lords with fiefs that arent claimed by.... (im still confused myself) but worst part is when lord changed to another faction "some guy asks for fief.... click randomly"(no info on who he is, which faction does he originally belong, no relatios whatsoever...) you either needa know the all the lords ingame by name or write stuff down to be able to play without mess =D

#7 eta: pls give some info, i wanna stop customizing units and try brutality mode with 1/1 dmg (play for real,zzz) and stop editing my units :smile:))

#8 i got my stuff to write, just cant remmember now

well, coding a faction (dark knights), at least i think so, isnt an easy job... i thougth of this like a quick suggestion list for new version...
feast not working properly makes game whole lotta annoying... and the unit rebalance rebalance is neccesary, imo, eventually you wil just try to recurit DK any way possible and kill everything with them, i myself want options :razz:

sure dk bug, but id prefer them to not be able to "rebel" from their faction, and just be a menace, and see these things done....

wanned to open up a discussion on this not rly complain about bugs and stuff like that

I didn't mean to cut off discussion :smile: just letting you know!

I honestly think that they need to be coded not to be able to rebel, because right now they pose almost no threat.

And although I think that it would be fun to recruit the DK's, but honestly if you could all other troops would be.. well obselete. I think its good just with getting them from prisoners and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom