New Version 1.134?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gameplay:
Rhodok Sharpshooters' ironflesh skill has been decreased.
Sarranid infantry & archers now have jarids added to their inventory.
Some other minor game balances.
Fixes:
Numerous game bugs of all shapes and sizes have been squashed.
Minor fixes to scripting files.
Some collision issues fixed.
Some operations for modders are now "fully operational".
Other:
Plenty of new operations and features have been added to aid our amazing mod community.

cmpxchg8b said:
Mostly modding stuff - new operations
player_set_is_admin
player_get_gender
play_sound_at_position
position_get_rotation_around_x
position_get_rotation_around_y
position_set_scale_x
position_set_scale_y
troop_set_class
agent_get_speed
agent_refill_wielded_shield_hit_points
agent_is_in_special_mode
agent_set_division
agent_get_item_slot
agent_stop_sound
agent_set_attached_scene_prop_y
class_set_name
prop_instance_is_valid
prop_instance_set_scale
prop_instance_intersects_with_prop_instance
replace_prop_instance
store_asin
store_acos
store_atan
store_atan2
str_encode_url
new triggers
ti_on_agent_hit
ti_on_scene_prop_start_use
ti_on_scene_prop_cancel_use
ti_on_item_picked_up
ti_on_item_dropped
ti_on_agent_mount
ti_on_agent_dismount
ti_on_item_wielded
ti_on_item_unwielded
and some new flags
itp_extra_penetration
itp_has_bayonet
itp_cant_reload_while_moving
itp_ignore_gravity
itp_ignore_friction
sokf_missiles_not_attached

...with some testing further along in that thread, so far as the modding operations go.

Oh, but they need it. So far, they're useless except for their elite cavalry. Giving them throwing weapons will help them deal some more damage before they eventually drop dead, crushed by their sheer unawesomeness existence.

The archers sure didn't need Jarids...  this makes them completely inconsistent in their effective range and strategic utility.  The infantry did need SOMETHING, though... I'm just not sure this is it.  For infantry, the jarids aren't guaranteed, either - so expect Sarranid infantry to still get dumped on by any other infantry.

What it is is a buff for the A.I. against the player, since they just make a big blob of infantry and archers slowly march forward or charge anyway, and 'lucky' throwing weapons are the number one cause of player death.

Sarranids = Taiga Bandits + cavalry..  I mean, just look at their reinforcement templates.  Their Kingdom_reinforcements_C is all horsemen.

StinkyMcGirk said:
The archers sure didn't need Jarids...  this makes them completely inconsistent in their effective range and strategic utility.  The infantry did need SOMETHING, though... I'm just not sure this is it.  For infantry, the jarids aren't guaranteed, either - so expect Sarranid infantry to still get dumped on by any other infantry.

What it is is a buff for the A.I. against the player, since they just make a big blob of infantry and archers slowly march forward or charge anyway, and 'lucky' throwing weapons are the number one cause of player death.

Sarranids = Taiga Bandits + cavalry..  I mean, just look at their reinforcement templates.  Their Kingdom_reinforcements_C is all horsemen.

The infantry start to get jarids at the veteran footman class and get incremental increase in skill up to guards, as you might now jarids are the most damage dealing throwing weapons with 45 piercing which makes the sarranid infantry extremely dangerous in close quarters in the first 1 min of the charge. The archers on the other hand are a different story they start off in skirmisher and increase in skill incrementally up to master archer.However theres one little detail which is skipped.They get both jarids and bows and arrows, :smile: at least most of them. They might not be sharpshooters of marksmen but now they are as annoying they can be." The wasps of Sarranids! "

Ps: if your  Sarranid archers doesnt have both bows and jarids and 1 melee weapon try to start a new game.The changes will take effect then.

YII7 said:
StinkyMcGirk said:

The infantry start to get jarids at the veteran footman class and get incremental increase in skill up to guards, as you might now jarids are the most damage dealing throwing weapons with 45 piercing which makes the sarranid infantry extremely dangerous in close quarters in the first 1 min of the charge. The archers on the other hand are a different story they start off in skirmisher and increase in skill incrementally up to master archer.However theres one little detail which is skipped.They get both jarids and bows and arrows, :smile: at least most of them. They might not be sharpshooters of marksmen but now they are as annoying they can be." The wasps of Sarranids! "

Ps: if your  Sarranid archers doesnt have both bows and jarids and 1 melee weapon try to start a new game.The changes will take effect then.

I started a new game, and still I see Sarranid archers with jarids + melee weapons OR bows + melee weapons.  I haven't seen one yet with both a bow and jarids.

Since throwing weapons have such a limited range and ammo, it drastically reduces the effectiveness of the archers / master archers.  I just don't see why jarids were added to the Sarranid Archers / Master Archers' equipment lists...

If in previous versions, they carried two stacks of arrows, I'd say that this has reduced their overall effectiveness.  If on the other hand they had only one set of arrows and an empty slot, I can see how this could make them more useful.

JohnLukeG said:
If in previous versions, they carried two stacks of arrows, I'd say that this has reduced their overall effectiveness.  If on the other hand they had only one set of arrows and an empty slot, I can see how this could make them more useful.

Even then, the sincerely doubt the A.I. is in place to make use of both weapons.

As far as I know archer is a person who uses a bow to fight enemy from distance...
So.. Who the hell gives them jarids?! It's both stupid and abnormal! :evil:

I can understand jarrids for Sarranids infantry after all Nord infantry have throwing axes, though in term of balancing i'm not sure it does anything good as Sarranids have already the armored tanks on armored horses that mameluks are , able to charge as well as Swadian knights already, while Nord have no such thing as cavalry for charges.

But jarrids for archers does not strike me as a logical weapon for an ... archer.
Javelineer may make sense, if that existed in the Sarranid troop tree, but an archer by definition is "one that shoots arrows from a bow".

And Sarranids high end master archers have always been very good at killing things, how much time i had trained some master archer to see them killing siege defenders by dozens... i really don't understand the need of giving them jarrids on top of their already powerfull bows.

Back
Top Bottom