[NEW RELEASE SEPTEMBER 13 V1.2]Blue Blood - Description and Downloads

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys love the mod! ONly a few problems just bugs and some things dont work but thats about it, wont complain on a great alpha mod. Though i have a  question, who is the mysterious Captain Avantius i think it is. I went to every tavern within a few minutes(used teleport) and asked every traveler if they know where he is. Is he not implemented, an easteregg, a bug, or just something that you guys forgot to take out or something. 

I just got the mod yesterday, and i love it already! I really love the medieval time periods and i love that someone is trying to go above and beyond with these sorts of mods. You have my full support with this mod and if i have any bugs ill be sure to tell you about them! :grin:

-Best Regards
              -10chance

Downloading as I type this :smile:

Were the heraldic horses put in? Saw references to them on the first few pages but haven't read all 23.

cardgame said:
Downloading as I type this :smile:

Were the heraldic horses put in? Saw references to them on the first few pages but haven't read all 23.
Nope, not yet (I think it needs WSE), but there are four colours of barded horse: red, black, green and blue, so you should have the colours you want. :smile:

i just made a notice of the nations/Countries, and that is Norway.  Norway was not established as a country before 1814. So that time Norway was Denmark-Norway, I'm norwegian and that is wrong:razz: no offense

Lord_Of_EVil said:
i just made a notice of the nations/Countries, and that is Norway.  Norway was not established as a country before 1814. So that time Norway was Denmark-Norway, I'm norwegian and that is wrong:razz: no offense
Wow, now that is very different from "I want my country in!". Respect. But with all respect: Are you sure? I just found that Norway came under Danish control in 1389 with the Kalmar Union. But between 1130 and then it was a kingdom with Norwegian kings and Sverre Sigurdsson as king in 1184. That's what I found so far without going to school in Norway of course.
Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Norwegian_monarchs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_of_Norway

That says that the unification of Norway originally took place in the 9th century.

no offense
according to the wikipedia article
i miss the footnotes, telling me where those informations, regarding the unification, were taken from. so this article is (until s.o. posts the footnotes) academically a failure.
i by myself have absolutely no clue about norwegians history (apart from some incidents in the early nineties, but that´s o.t.), so, until s.o. proves the opposite, i believe in Lord_Of_EVil´s statement

Mauritius zu Mainz said:
no offense
i miss the footnotes, telling me where those informations
The poster above me also provided a wikipedia article. Take a look at those footnotes.

Mauritius zu Mainz said:
no offense
i miss the footnotes, telling me where those informations, regarding the unification, were taken from. so this article is (until s.o. posts the footnotes) academically a failure.
i by myself have absolutely no clue about norwegians history (apart from some incidents in the early nineties, but that´s o.t.), so, until s.o. proves the opposite, i believe in Lord_Of_EVil´s statement
Well - that's pretty strange: Missbelieving in an Wikipedia article because it has no footnotes and on the other hand believing in someone's post that gives no source at all....  :roll:
And as kevindrosario said: Check the link I gave.

Spanish Soldiers in Frescos from the Church of San Baudelio de Berlanga, Soria - 12th century
attachment.php

Including large pictures of:
Spanish spearman with shield & A drawing of a Spanish Town Militiaman based on this fresco
Soldiers and The Three Marys at the Sepulchre
Archer Hunting with Crossbow
Horseman Hunting
Mounted Falconer

MIRROR SITE:

The murals of the Conquesta de Mallorca, 1285-1290
The city & fortifications
Detail of the fortifications & defenders
The Aragonese camp
A 'blackamoor' hurled from the battlements as the Aragonese capture Mallorca
Detail of the camp and knights
Moors in combat
Moors riding out to war beneath their characteristic war flags.
Moorish armoured cavalryman, banner and trumpeters
A moor.
William II of Baern & Moncada at the Battle of Portopi
The Court at Barcelona, December 1228

MIRROR SITE

Military Illustrations from the Cantigas de Santa Maria, c.1284

Full Pages from the Cantigas de Santa Maria
Including larger pictures:
Cantiga 12 featuring a mob with swords . larger pic of panel 6
Cantiga 22 featuring a unarmoured spanish spearmen . larger pic from panel 1
Cantiga 28 featuring a siege of Constantinople
Cantiga 33 featuring ships and boats
Cantiga 35a & 35b featuring ships & soldiers in galeases . Cantiga 35b . larger pic of 35b panel 1
Cantiga 46 Moors, conversion to christianity . larger pic of panel 2 . larger pic of panel 5
Cantiga 63 featuring soldiers in zig-zag livery . larger pics of panels 1, 3, 4, 5, & 6
Cantiga 95a featuring mouros in galleys . larger pic of panel 4 . larger pic of panel 5
Cantiga 95b featuring moors in galleys and unarmoured spearmen . larger pic of panel 4
Cantiga 99 featuring moorish troops . larger pic of panel 1 . larger pic of panel 2 . larger pic of panel 3 . larger pic of panel 4 . larger pic of panel 5 . larger pic of panel 6
Cantiga 119 featuring spearmen, demons & angels
Cantiga 126 featuring crossbows
Cantiga 165a featuring muslim cavalry, & armoured infantry . larger pics of panels 1, 2, 3, 5 & 6
Cantiga 165b featuring muslim cavalry, mounted drummers & trumpeters . larger pic of panel 5
Cantiga 181 A Moroccan army is defeated by another . larger pic of Cantiga 181 . even larger pic of Cantiga 181 . larger pic of row 2
Cantiga 185 featuring unarmoured spearmen, plotting & immolation
Cantiga 187a featuring Granadine cavalry . larger pics of panels 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6
Cantiga 187b featuring Granadine cavalry & infantry . larger pics of panels 1, 3, 4, 5 & 6
Pages from: codex Florencia Ms Banco Rari 20
Cantiga CSM 205 featuring Military Order troops . larger pic of panel 1 . larger pic of row 2
Cantiga CSM 207 featuring a knight in armour . larger pic of panel 2 . larger pic of panel 6
Cantiga CSM 235 featuring Castilian cavalry . larger pic of panel 2
Cantiga CSM 245 featuring bandits . larger pic of panel 3
Cantiga CSM 256 featuring Granadine crossbowmen . larger pic of panel 2
Cantiga CSM 299 featuring the Order of the Star . larger pic of panel 3 . larger pic of panel 5
attachment.php

Extra Individual Panels
Panel 5, Cantiga 5 - The Roman emperor crusading.
Panel 6, Cantiga 12 - The Jews are killed.
Panel 2, Cantiga 13 - A thief named Elbo was caught stealing and the magistrate ordered him to be hanged.
Panel 2, Cantiga 19 - The Three Knights.
Panel 1, Cantiga 44 - A nobleman from Aragón lost his goshawk while hunting.
Panel 1, Cantiga 51 - The Count of Poitiers and his men laid siege to a castle in Orleans.
Panels 1, 2 & 4, Cantiga 83 - The Prisoner who was freed from the Moors.
Panel 1, Cantiga 106 - Two squires attempted a robbery.
Panel 2, Cantiga 114 - One day, her son’s enemies beat him viciously, tearing him to pieces.
Panel 1, Cantiga 126 - A man in Elche was shot in the face by an arrow.
Panel 6, Cantiga 135 - The Marriage Ordained by the Virgin.
Panel 4, Cantiga 148 - A knight, wearing such a garment, was attacked by his enemies.
Panel 5, Cantiga 148 - His squires raised the alarm and people came and discovered him alive.
Panel 4, Cantiga 175 - A heretic, who owned the inn, planted a silver cup in the son’s sack and accused him of theft.
Panel 5, Cantiga 175 - On order of the magistrate, the son was arrested.
Panel 2, Cantiga 184 - Her husband got into a brawl with some other men who wounded him in the chest.
Panel 2, Cantiga 191 - A poor squire was in charge of a castle called Ródenas in the district of Albarracín.
Panel 2, Cantiga 234 - The King was beset with troubles.
Panel 3, Page 1, Cantiga 245 - They abused him and held him in the castle of Neiva.
Panel 1, Cantiga CSM 271 - A ship, owned by the king of Alenquer, was stuck fast in the Morabe River near Azemmour.
Panel 5, Cantiga CSM 275 - The Rabid Knights Hospitaller.
Panel 1, Cantiga CSM 408 - A squire, a man of noble birth, was badly wounded by an arrow while fighting in Lombardy.

Here is a longer list of illustrations from Las Cantigas de Santa Maria on all subjects (not just military):
Cantiga 2: Hildefonsus of Toledo
Cantiga 5: Chaste Empress
Cantiga 7: Pregnant Abbess
Cantiga 9: Icon of Sardonay
Cantiga 12: Image of Christ Reviled by the Jews of Toledo
Cantiga 18: Silkworms that Wove Veils
Cantiga 19: Three Knights
Cantiga 22: Wounded Farmer
Cantiga 27: Image that Appeared in a Synagogue
Cantiga 28: Siege of Constantinople
Cantiga 33: Pilgrim Saved from Shipwreck
Cantiga 34: Desecrated Image of the Virgin
Cantiga 35a: Clerics Saved from Pirates
Cantiga 35b: Clerics Saved from Pirates
Cantiga 39: Fire at Mont Saint-Michel
Cantiga 43: Boy Revived at Salas
Cantiga 44: Knight whose Goshawk was Returned by Santa Maria de Salas
Cantiga 45: Wicked Knight who Built a Monastery
Cantiga 46: Moor who Venerated an Image of the Virgin Mary
Cantiga 47: Devil who Appeared in the Shape of Three Beasts
Cantiga 51: Statue that Intercepted an Arrow
Cantiga 52: Mountain Goats that Gave Milk to the Monks of Montserrat
Cantiga 59: Nun who was Slapped by a Crucifix
Cantiga 63: Knight who Missed the Battle
Cantiga 64: Woman who could not Remove her Slipper
Cantiga 65: Excommunicate who Won Absolution
Cantiga 66: Bishop who was Given a Vestment
Cantiga 67: Man who had the Devil as his Servant
Cantiga 73: Stained Chasuble
Cantiga 76: Image of the Christ Child that was Held for Ransom
Cantiga 82: Demon Swine
Cantiga 83: Prisoner who was Freed from the Moors
Cantiga 87: Geronimo is Made Bishop of Pavia
Cantiga 89: Jewish Woman who was Helped in Childbirth
Cantiga 91: Healing of People Suffering from St Martial’s Fire
Cantiga 95a: Hermit who was Captured by the Moors
Cantiga 95b: Hermit who was Captured by the Moors
Cantiga 99: Moors who Tried to Destroy an Image of the Virgin
Cantiga 100: Cantiga de loor
Cantiga 104: Bleeding Host
Cantiga 106: Squires who were Freed from Captivity
Cantiga 107: Jewish Woman who was Thrown from a Cliff
Cantiga 108: Merlin and the Jew
Cantiga 110: Cantiga de loor
Cantiga 113: Falling Rock of Montserrat
Cantiga 119: Judge who was Carried Away by Devils
Cantiga 120: Cantiga de loor
Cantiga 121: Knight who Made Garlands for the Virgin’s Image
Cantiga 126: Soldier who was Struck in the Face by an Arrow
Cantiga 129: Soldier who was Struck in the Eye by an Arrow
Cantiga 136: Gambling Woman who Threw a Stone at a Statue of the Virgin
Cantiga 139: Boy who Offered Bread to an Image of the Christ Child
Cantiga 142: Huntsman who was Rescued from Drowning
Cantiga 148: Knight who was Protected by a Linen Shift
Cantiga 149: German Priest who Doubted the Sacrament
Cantiga 157: Pilgrims to Rocamadour whose Meal was Stolen
Cantiga 162: Statue that Moved to the High Altar
Cantiga 165: Celestial Knights who Protected the City of Tartus
Cantiga 166: Lame Man Healed at Salas
Cantiga 167: Muslim Child who was Revived at Salas
Cantiga 169: Church at Arreixaca is Protected by the Virgin
Cantiga 170: Cantiga de loor
Cantiga 171: Drowned Boy
Cantiga 172: Pilgrims Bound for Acre who Survived a Storm
Cantiga 178: Mule that was Revived
Cantiga 181: Banner of the Virgin Defeats the Moors at Marrakesh
Cantiga 183: Moors of Faro who Threw a Statue of the Virgin into the Sea
Cantiga 185: The Woman whose Mother-in-law Plotted her Death
Cantiga 187a: Statue that Defended a Castle
Cantiga 187b: Statue that Defended a Castle
Cantiga 188: Image that was Found in a Young Girl’s Heart
Cantiga 191: Woman who Fell from a Cliff
Cantiga 192: Muslim Servant
Cantiga 205: Muslim Woman who Survived a Siege
Cantiga 207: Statue that Thanked a Merciful Knight
Cantiga 235: Virgin’s Favours to King Alfonso
Cantiga 245: Hostage who was Released
Cantiga 256: Queen Beatriz is Healed
Cantiga 266: The Beam that Fell on the Congregation
Cantiga 271: Ship that was Stuck Fast in the River
Cantiga 273: Miraculous Thread
Cantiga 275: Rabid Knights Hospitaller
Cantiga 282: Child who Fell from a Rooftop
Cantiga 292: Master Jorge and the King’s Ring
Cantiga 294: Gambling Woman who Threw a Stone at a Statue of the Christ Child
Cantiga 299: Ivory Pendant
Cantiga 408: Squire who was Pierced by an Arrow

So that people can find illustrations from the Cantigas de Santa Maria, or identify to which cantiga a panel belongs, I have gathered the Illuminations from codex Florencia Manuscript Banco Rari 2 (CSM 201-234), Page 2 (CSM 235-265), Page 3 (CSM 266-299) & Page 4 (CSM 301-40:cool:.  This has medium size images of nearly all the illuminations of this manuscript (unfortunately all have the Oronoz watermark) except those that have only a framework for an illumination (The Florencia codex is unfinished) and codex MS T.I. 1 (Códice Rico), Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5, Page 6, Page 7, Page 8, Page 9 & Page 10
They include some links to images of individual panels.

MIRROR SITE

Druzhina
Illustrations of Soldiers

Lord Drake said:
You mod has intrigued me. I'll be testing it out tonight. ^^
Are you still in need of a Modeler?
I guess Udud might be happy to hear that. He's taking some time off in the real world though and will be back in a few days / a week.

I'm testing your mod out at the moment. I must say I am highly intrigued by it. If you still need help with modelers, texturers, etc. please let me know (you're best off getting a hold of me via email sentrovasi at yahoo.com) *it wont let me post a link*

Reechani said:
I'm testing your mod out at the moment. I must say I am highly intrigued by it. If you still need help with modelers, texturers, etc. please let me know (you're best off getting a hold of me via email sentrovasi at yahoo.com) *it wont let me post a link*
In the meanwhile you could post a few photos of your models that you have made, that was your first post on the forums so I didn't find any of your work yet.

What comes for Lord Drake, I took the liberty of posting some of his work.
Lord Drake said:
leafblade_texture_draft_by_l0rddrake-d3fbqy1.jpg
Cross-guard and pommel are untextured, just colored since I'm not sure what to stick on 'em. :/
Lord Drake said:
Update:
Had a little free time so I did some tweaking. How does this guard look to you guys? (This isn't an orthographic view, it's perspective)
swordy_thing_alt_guard_by_l0rddrake-d4mm4eq.jpg
Mmk, I was bored and I've been slacking off on the mod for a while now. So, I made this cruddy piece of junk.
craft_able_club_by_l0rddrake-d3eykxb.jpg
Just a simple think for the crafting weapons section.

I tried something new with the texturesheet in an attempt to make the two different textures used mix better.
Can you see it? (evil pointless guessing game.  :lol:)

Druzhina said:
Spanish Soldiers in Frescos from the Church of San Baudelio de Berlanga, Soria - 12th century

attachment.php

Including large pictures of:
Spanish spearman with shield & A drawing of a Spanish Town Militiaman based on this fresco
Soldiers and The Three Marys at the Sepulchre
Archer Hunting
Horseman Hunting
Mounted Falconer

The murals of the Conquesta de Mallorca, 1285-1290
The city & fortifications
Detail of the fortifications & defenders
The Aragonese camp
A 'blackamoor' hurled from the battlements as the Aragonese capture Mallorca
Detail of the camp and knights
Moors in combat
Moors riding out to war beneath their characteristic war flags.
A christian knight and trumpeters
A moor.
William II of Baern & Moncada at the Battle of Portopi
The Court at Barcelona, December 1228

Military Illustrations from the Cantigas de Santa Maria, 1284

Full Pages from the Cantigas de Santa Maria
Cantiga 12 featuring a mob with swords . larger pic of panel 6
Cantiga 22 featuring a unarmoured spanish spearmen . larger pic from panel 1
Cantiga 28 featuring a siege of Constantinople
Cantiga 33 featuring ships and boats
Cantiga 35a & 35b featuring ships & soldiers in galeases . Cantiga 35b . larger pic of 35b panel 1
Cantiga 46 Moors, conversion to christianity . larger pic of panel 2 . larger pic of panel 5
Cantiga 63 featuring soldiers in zig-zag livery . larger pics of panels 1, 3, 4, 5, & 6
Cantiga 95a featuring mouros in galleys . larger pic of panel 4 . larger pic of panel 5
Cantiga 95b featuring moors in galleys and unarmoured spearmen . larger pic of panel 4
Cantiga 99 featuring moorish troops . larger pic of panel 1 . larger pic of panel 6
Cantiga 119 featuring spearmen, demons & angels
Cantiga 126 featuring crossbows
Cantiga 165a featuring muslim cavalry, & armoured infantry . larger pics of panels 1, 2, 3, 5 & 6
Cantiga 165b featuring muslim cavalry, mounted drummers & trumpeters . larger pic of panel 5
Cantiga 181 A Moroccan army is defeated by another . larger pic of Cantiga 181 . even larger pic of Cantiga 181 . larger pic of row 2
Cantiga 185 featuring unarmoured spearmen, plotting & immolation
Cantiga 187a featuring Granadine cavalry . larger pics of panels 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6
Cantiga 187b featuring Granadine cavalry & infantry . larger pics of panels 1, 3, 4, 5 & 6
Pages from: codex Florencia Ms Banco Rari 20
Cantiga CSM 205 featuring Military Order troops . larger pic of panel 1 . larger pic of row 2
Cantiga CSM 207 featuring a knight in armour . larger pic of panel 2 . larger pic of panel 6
Cantiga CSM 235 featuring Castilian cavalry . larger pic of panel 2
Cantiga CSM 245 featuring bandits . larger pic of panel 3
Cantiga CSM 256 featuring Granadine crossbowmen . larger pic of panel 2
Cantiga CSM 299 featuring the Order of the Star . larger pic of panel 3 . larger pic of panel 5

Extra Individual Panels

So that people can find illustrations from the Cantigas de Santa Maria, or identify to which cantiga a panel belongs, I have gathered the Illuminations from codex Florencia Manuscript Banco Rari 2 (CSM 201-234), Page 2 (CSM 235-265), Page 3 (CSM 266-299) & Page 4 (CSM 301-40:cool:.  This has medium size images of nearly all the illuminations of this manuscript (unfortunately all have the Oronoz watermark) except those that have only a framework for an illumination (The Florencia codex is unfinished) and codex MS T.I. 1 (Códice Rico), Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5, Page 6, Page 7, Page 8, Page 9 & Page 10
They include some links to images of individual panels.

Druzhina
sites of wargaming interest

how long did it take to find all that?

Norway became a unified country in the 9th century, there where several civil wars after that, but we where relatively unified if I may say so. But in the 1300s the Kalmar union came in effect, where Norway and Denmark had a common king. Theres a whole bounch of intrigue and unrelated stuff in it, but Norway was a country of it's own in 1084, and so was Denmark.

LittleHelper said:
Reechani said:
In the meanwhile you could post a few photos of your models that you have made, that was your first post on the forums so I didn't find any of your work yet.

What comes for Lord Drake, I took the liberty of posting some of his work.
Lord Drake said:
leafblade_texture_draft_by_l0rddrake-d3fbqy1.jpg
Cross-guard and pommel are untextured, just colored since I'm not sure what to stick on 'em. :/
Lord Drake said:
Update:
Had a little free time so I did some tweaking. How does this guard look to you guys? (This isn't an orthographic view, it's perspective)
swordy_thing_alt_guard_by_l0rddrake-d4mm4eq.jpg
Mmk, I was bored and I've been slacking off on the mod for a while now. So, I made this cruddy piece of junk.
craft_able_club_by_l0rddrake-d3eykxb.jpg
Just a simple think for the crafting weapons section.

I tried something new with the texturesheet in an attempt to make the two different textures used mix better.
Can you see it? (evil pointless guessing game.  :lol:)
Not my best work, and I'm terrible with textures. :oops:

gh3tt0 gangst3r said:

The Cantigas took a lot of time, as individual pictures were scattered across the web and in a few books.

Druzhina
sites of wargaming interest

Back
Top Bottom