New Order of Battle system is immersion breaking for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Please add more tags to the OOB system to make it useful. Add tags AT LEAST for crossbow, shock infantry (2H weapon or Swinging Polearm) and Pikemen. One unit I have trouble differentiating in OOB is the Battanian Wildling, who are the only proper "foot skirmisher" troop in the game. I think that TW could maybe think about adding an easier way of selecting them, or possibly removing throwables from other T5 Battanian foot troops (which would probably help the Vet Falxmen & Oatsworn if I'm being honest) or maybe removing throwables from the oathsworn and giving the Vet Falxmen 2 stacks of better throwing weapons so that Battania has 2 skirmish infantry, 1 with shield and 1 "shock skirmisher".

+1

..or go back to the old system that was VERY flexible ..

+100

We have relayed the feedback, but is there anything specific you would like to point out?
The new pre-setup army like total war is a good idea, but please also bring back the formation system in party screen, i love that and people do

The new pre-setup army like total war is a good idea, but please also bring back the formation system in party screen, i love that and people do

+1,000

Devs tried something new with the current system, to help Console players, admirable but it didn't work that well, time to go back to what worked.

After replaying Viking Conquest and Pendor, I think that OOB is a definite improvement over the old system (Warband doesn't have much tactical depth in general in my recent experience). However, OOB currently lacks mechanisms to let the player select specific units, and adding the new tags I talked about would help a lot.

Last edited:
The new system is good and superior to the old. No need to go back.
no need to go back ? why don't just allow us to have both ? everyone enjoy different ways and i believe everyone writing their feedback here wants bannerlord to be better. The old party formation is good and also the pre-deploy also good, saw your thread about custom troops, i voted it long time ago, what u think when people go there and dislike your point ?

no need to go back ? why don't just allow us to have both ? everyone enjoy different ways and i believe everyone writing their feedback here wants bannerlord to be better. The old party formation is good and also the pre-deploy also good, saw your thread about custom troops, i voted it long time ago, what u think when people go there and dislike your point ?
I was never against having both. You interpreted my post wrong or maybe I was unclear. I mean that I like the new system and that they should keep it and improve it.

I read a long time ago that a dev said they couldn't have both the old system and the new at the same time. But maybe they can overcome those technical difficulties?

The old system allow individual soldiers to be selected for each group - max flexibility. The new system blobs a vague group , based on "Sword", "Bow", "Horse" etc etc for each group. Devs needed to add extra "Low tied", "high tied", "spear" etc to give more flexibility ..but that's still not enough.

Conclusion, old system is far more flexible and easy, but console players need ?? point n click ? .

The old system allow individual soldiers to be selected for each group - max flexibility. The new system blobs a vague group , based on "Sword", "Bow", "Horse" etc etc for each group. Devs needed to add extra "Low tied", "high tied", "spear" etc to give more flexibility ..but that's still not enough.

Conclusion, old system is far more flexible and easy, but console players need ?? point n click ? .
can't imagine how to play this game on console, is it hard to aim range weapon ? damn, i wish that thing don't exist lol

Back
Top Bottom