SP Sci-Fi New, Living Warhammer 40k Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, the mod won't get to anything without somebody who overtakes it...
But even when we get a new "leader" we need a rigger, scene modeller, texture artist, otherwise our mod will stay in the pre-alpha right away.

i think, that we should make a new thread (yeah, the third one of these...), and hopefully get this mod ready to be released (with some new members).
and we need a clear list what will be implemented and what not, otherwise we will run against walls, trying to fullfill those promises (like vehicles, space battles, and so on).
all in all, we should stay realistic (with a little bit of optimism).

well i can model to a certain ability so i'll help make some models, i made a bolt pistol and posted it on a page some where but i'll repost it.
2rh4if8.jpg

I'd suggest planning stuff for the third attempt here, so that there is a certain degree of calm and not dozens of peolpe looking and commenting on what this new try is all about and why that one is bound to fail...and so on...
...sorry, I'm tired and overworked and have no idea if I managed to make myself clear right now. Think I'll better go to bed and try again tomorrow...

i'll reluctantly volunteer to rig. but only if we get to the stage of not having anyone else able to, but if we do find someone ill do some low poly counts. or that fit the body. id rather not do that monster space marine stuff, but i guess for the greater good i will :razz:

we will search for someone, but thanks in advance  :wink:

And yes, Gwalchmai is right, before we start a new thread, we should discuss some things in the existing (this thread) first...

Like:
Whos gonna be our new leader?
What races will be in the new mod?
What environment/map?
and so on...

I would make a suggest, and just try to get 2, maybe 3 races ingame.
For the first- (demo-)release, we should use the normal calradia map (or someone sacrifices his freetime to make a new one, cause i have a problem at the time with my map editor).

I whould suggest that we try getting every race in to game. Not like everyone of the races for the first release but not just stop at 3 or 4. Second, i have a map.
If you want me to be the leader i whould take the job, but im lazy and often dont do anything. Desert or snow map whould be cool, snow has alot of cover. Also, forest is also good.

I already stated that i can make the map. (if you just say what you want in it)

Guys, I may just make a thread for you, so you can organize, and start working on whatever...at least until raslin gets back.

I say to do what Chronicles of Talera essentially did.

Do just enough for all the races, then concentrate on one faction at a time

Actually looks quite alot like the actual plasma rifle. How will you do the recruiting in this will it just be that you get consripts from towns and train them up to officers? Great work so far, hope to see it finished.
P.S. Orks would look really cool and be reeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyyyy fun.

nice plasma rifle, def use it.

Heres a crash story line.

On a small planet, on the outer reaches of the galaxy, a necron tomb has awakened, though this tomb.

Space marines and Imperial gaurd have been sent to the area in the hope to supress the necrons and seal off the other tombs, and prevent them from launching off the planet.

The planet has been off the radar for a long time, but now that there is conflict, the orkz decided to check in, and strike in the midst of battle, and claim a victory for them. Once the first few land, they soon find an abundace of [ insert whatever the orkz use to power all there machines or ammo].

A small, extremly elite eldar force awaken the ancient webway gate, sent to the planet to limit the destruction of all the factions, as this planet is one of the few left untouched by the grips of war, and to destroy there lifetime enemys, the necrons.

optional: The dark eldar see the small force of eldat, and choose to strike a fatal blow on the elite troops, caring little for the small quarrys of man and machine, but not letting anything stop them.

optional: The tau see this as a perfect opportunity to enforce there law, on all the great factions, and after initially raining the planet with mass fire, land, and immediatly set to taken out the factions.

optional: The chaos marines, struggling with the constant threat from space marines, imperial gaurd, tau, and eldar, decide to try ally with the old necrons, who as the fighting draws on, the already fighting people realise that they are multiple of genrations older than the other necron tombs, this one being sealed of from the world, and not knowing who the people invading there tombs are, except for the eldar.

optional: The tyranid hives sense the other factions drawing on this small planet, hardly big enough to fit every one on, and quickly change course, hoping this to be a blood filled encounter.

optional and extremly corny: The original inhabitants, the calradians, are shocked to see al these wonderous and fearsome creatures on there planet, and have to quickly adapt.

Gladly open to critism. I wrote this in a few minutes with minimum thought so ya

Sounds nice as an outline. As with the preceding 40k project, I'll contribute models for weapons and armours depending  on my time and my motivation (I'm especially fond of the "light" Eldar, so expect some Eldar-work from me). I'm currently working on the final phase of my BA thesis, so don't expect me to contribute anything except a little text now and then until the 17th of February.

On an imperial planet the imperial guard has uncovered the aincent necron ruins. Now the necrons begin to rise from their long slumber, and if this wasnt enough, deep within the huge southern forests the radar has noticed the crash landing of a ork ship. The Tau, seeing the chance to claim another planet decide to send in a strike force. The chaos looking for blood for the blood god use the heretic cult on the planet to open up a warp gate and attack the enemies of chaos. The eldar colony on the planet has long been lost, but now with the battles raging they must rise to defend what is theirs. The dark eldar have always been a treth to the planet, but it is now that they see their chance to redeem themelves out of slaneeshs grip. (or whatever)
The imperial guard are beset on all sides and call in the Space Marines to help defend the planet.

It would be interesting to see a medieval or early modern civilization of humans on the planet, old Imperial settlers more or less undisturbed until now.

I think I is questionable if old imperial settlers would be at the technological stage of the medieval or early modern stage. On the other hand, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkover_series works along the same lines.

But I would certainly not like WH40 troops landing on Calradia and fighting against Swadians, Nords, Khergits, Vaegirs, Rhodoks.

i finished the plasma rifle, 456 polygons, 1359 edges, and 907 vertices. it just needs to be textured.
25aqjr7.png
I think i'll start some ork weapons next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom