New Ideas!!! (Just stuff I was brain storming)

Users who are viewing this thread

Stuff i thought would be some nice new additions to freelancer:

1)]PATROLS- I see patrolling men all the time! if the lord could send you with a patrol occasionally and maybe if your rank is high (like a veteran) you could lead men like a party to attack bandits or raiders, but after a while the lord asks you to come back, think of it like a quest. it would also make sense if you wiped out the whole company of men you were leadin he would kick you out of the army or hate you for life! :razz: just saying!

2)SUGGESTING TO A LORD- I know that when you issue order they dont work cus your the only one in the party, but it would be nice if you could issue an order and see if the lord approves by some factors like depending on your rank, your relations to your lord, charisma,  persuasion, that kind of stuff. Or suggest places to attack like you can when your a lord of their kingdom.

3)EXPLOITING YOUR LORD- it would be awesome if you could convince other lords or even the king himself that your lord is looking to betray the kingdom and if you succeed you might (just maybe) get his whole army! (under the banner of that kingdom of course!)

4)CAPTAIN- if your lord likes you enough and/or youve been in the army long enough, a new position opens up, being Captain, and that would mean being in control of the type of unit you are for example if you were a swadian knight 'AWESOME TITLE INSERT HERE'. (I couldnt come up with anything!) :lol:

Anyway those were my ideas and i hope those came out as good as my brain tried to interpret, but this is still your guys mod and by all means, tweak my ideas around! I know since its you guys you'll make it amazing!!!  :grin: :shock: :grin:

1.)I like

2.)I dont feel this is an appropriate feature to freelancer considering that the very point is not to be in control of the command. We do however offer you squads of soldiers which you command (size+kind depending on your rank).

3.)Scheming against your own lords could certainly be further explored (besides the desert/rebel option so far). Receiving the title lord for being a traitor... unlikely.

4.)I actually suggested something similar to taragoth before - reach a certain rank and all the troops of that kind are under your command. One would have to figure out what would make sense - command only in battles or can you even lead them on the worldmap? Def. should influence the amount of troops following you when deserting or rebelling.

4- leading only the archers or infantry or cavalry of an army? hmmm this sounds good but consequences can be horrible. ai doesnt care much about tactics and as the player is an unpredictable ally -or a unit in this case- they won't be able to move with you. if you have all the infantry in your command i think ai would evaluate his situation "hey i'm an all cavalry army. i should just charge!".

maybe army could give you just a dozen or less soldiers. then ai's behaviour would stay the same and you could do whatever you wish to in the battlefield.

What if you added better A.I. that formed up more often and sent infantry in with cavalry flanking or in reserve using actual tactics (not sure how do able that is) and instead of just one rank after you reach the final tier have army ranks such as captain, lieutenant, corporal. that way it would be for instance Swadian Knight Captain or Kheriigit Lancer Lieutenant maybe eventually (if employed by the king) taking over for him after years of service or becoming a lord after a certain service period. And for each rank give the player 5 more troops of varying unit type ,from the current lords army, that way you could hold a flank or reinforce the center in order to give a more realistic feel. just ideas, id love to hear feedback. 

Back
Top Bottom