Need ability to give companion armies general directives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Doofus

Sergeant
I find it frustrating when I'm in a war and the first thing my companion parties do is go raid the enemy and get captured. Its totally stupid. From a personal standpoint I don't like raids anyway. I try to play a good guy and raiding helpless villagers disgusts me. But from a strategy standpoint it sucks anyways. Got into a war with the Kuzaits and the first thing that happens is my companions go there to raid their villages. Within 5 minutes 1/2 my parties are already gone. I want to issue a directive that basically says patrol and protect our territory until I'm ready to combine our parties and go on the offensive. Now I've got to defend against Khuzait forces over 1k with 1 companion and our 300-350 troops. If I make new parties to replace those I lost they will end up over there being captured again, so I can't even replace the parties I lost. The one party I managed to save I had to defend twice and once I couldn't even form an army with it to pull it out of there because he kept going back to raid the settlement and you can't form an army with parties that are raiding (which is also stupid).

seems companion parties just need to be babysat and dragged along with your army the entire time. also you gotta remember to disband them before entering towns so they don't donate troops. it's all so weird
there was a mod that gives companion parties some commands but it's not up to date with the game atm

Back
Top Bottom