Leadership Leveling

Users who are viewing this thread

I've asked this before and I will ask it again, could you please make it easier to level up companions leadership.

I know the stewardship skill increases their party size when you make them lead a party, tactics are their fighting capabilities and leadership effects moral.

But since we can make our companions lead unit divisions within our party, and those divisions do better when they have a leader,. I don't see why the companions leading them can't get Leadership and tactics experience at half the normal rate when leading them.

It would make them a lot more reliable when we send them out to lead their own parties, or promote them to clan leaders. Rather then constantly holding their hands because we sent inexperienced people to lead a party. It's hard enough to found your own kingdom without betraying people, without constantly having to worry if your companions parties can defend themselves without you holding their hand.

I know it's possible to create a kingdom without pledging yourself to a lord and betraying them, ive done it many times. But it would be nice to be able to rely a bit more on my companions to help, especially since we can't form armies until we've founded a kingdom. I'd like to be able to found a kingdom without betraying anyone, and not have to wait until I'm a level 5 or 6 clan so I'm strong enough to hold my own because my companions Tactics and leadership are ****.

Could you please add reduced experience gain for division leaders tactics and leadership skills.

I don’t think it’s just a leadership issue: it’s almost all across the board.

Some abilities level up decent enough because they are overtuned. So a horse archer hits a sad soul in the head at max range flock shooting into a crowd of 200 men and gets 15 levels in archery and 10 in riding. Or someone kills 3 people with a siege weapon and now they have 3 perks unlocked. This love has always needed to be shared around.

All Skills need primary, secondary, and tertiary ways to gain XP for them. In addition, all missions you complete should 25 bonus XP, divided up in 5 groups of 5 (which can all go to the same category, such as the art of trade giving you 25 trade XP) and that should then apply to all tag along characters giving them 15 bonus XP, divided up into 5 groups of 3.

Leading formations as a captain should give tactics XP. Upgrading troops of the type your companions fall under should give them some nominal leadership XP (even if just 1 before the multiplier). The first time you play a board game that day, you should get 10 tactics XP if you win, 5 if you lose.

Etc etc etc.

Having layers ways to gain all control in all areas allows for many more ways to approach the game

I don’t think it’s just a leadership issue: it’s almost all across the board.

Some abilities level up decent enough because they are overtuned. So a horse archer hits a sad soul in the head at max range flock shooting into a crowd of 200 men and gets 15 levels in archery and 10 in riding. Or someone kills 3 people with a siege weapon and now they have 3 perks unlocked. This love has always needed to be shared around.

All Skills need primary, secondary, and tertiary ways to gain XP for them. In addition, all missions you complete should 25 bonus XP, divided up in 5 groups of 5 (which can all go to the same category, such as the art of trade giving you 25 trade XP) and that should then apply to all tag along characters giving them 15 bonus XP, divided up into 5 groups of 3.

Leading formations as a captain should give tactics XP. Upgrading troops of the type your companions fall under should give them some nominal leadership XP (even if just 1 before the multiplier). The first time you play a board game that day, you should get 10 tactics XP if you win, 5 if you lose.

Etc etc etc.

Having layers ways to gain all control in all areas allows for many more ways to approach the game
I can understand them making it easy to level up things like horseriding since damage on horseback is all down to speed. A slow horse will get you killed very easy. Scouting too, I understand why it's easy to level up, there aren't really any major benefits from leveling it up, aside from being able to catch wild Wader Hotbloods. The leveling balance for the player skills is perfectly fine, it works.

It's the companions skills that are the problem. Their combat skills level up fine when they are with you but to level up their leadership and tactics they have to be made leaders of their own party and that is very expensive to do, especially in the early stages, but if you don't level them up in the early stages they become easy marks when your ready to found your own kingdom and you end up constantly running around cleaning up after them because they are so easy to defeat dispite their combat capabilities because their tactics and leadership skills aren't high enough.

I like to play as a Battanian, but battalions develop towns slower than most and have Vlandia, Sturgia and The Western Empire on their door step. So every time I play as a Battanian Hero, I level up to clan Tier 4, set up maximum companion parties and declare war on Caladog. I like to time it so they are in trouble when I pick a fight. I take one of their castles and play Zone Defence to level up my clan. The problem is while I'm doing this the AI is getting loads of leadership and tactics exp, but my companions aren't. So when the time comes to promote them to clan leaders, all the hard work ends up in vain because they don't have enough leadership and tactics experience to go with their combat capabilities. I can conquer Battanian as a obe clan Army easy enough, keeping hold of it with only my companions clans to back me up is another matter.

Back
Top Bottom