[NC2019] Final Nation's Cup Announcement & Signups

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BunnyTHEBEAST said:
BANNER:
QZTt3eO.png
NATION: Bestias Salvajes, Argentina Team C - Argentinian-Uruguayan Alliance.
CAPTAIN: Bunny- https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=507619 - https://steamcommunity.com/id/ToxicMiewh/
CO-CAPTAIN: Aslaug- https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=506081 - https://steamcommunity.com/id/granatebien14/
ROSTER:
Bunny4540332
Aslaug4401386
Unnamed2828921
Jofes4545329
Mariguano 4567081
Choco 3258414
pixelisado4523849
cyra4358078
Lucaso 2642214
Sarto 3258692
nikolai 3365806
martineche7 2399156
akudinho 4564023
burro 1416231
tobi 4549599
IDS 2645734
Conilove4401198
RaX3648886
Rastaman4411072
I have a couple more players I'll be adding at the end of the night as I need to get their ids sorted.

Roster Update

NC, not European Cup. Besides the few people crying need to read again rules and format(if not on the announcement on posts through the thread) to undesrtand that it's pretty likely that you specificly don't have to play(At least during Group Stage) under those horrible 90-110 ping conditions that you already experienced in purpose in other tournaments that were held on NA or involved an NA/Canadian opponent.

Charlini said:
NC, not European Cup. Besides the few people crying need to read again rules and format(if not on the announcement on posts through the thread) to undesrtand that it's pretty likely that you specificly don't have to play(At least during Group Stage) under those horrible 90-110 ping conditions that you already experienced in purpose in other tournaments that were held on NA or involved an NA/Canadian opponent.

are you trying to say that home away isn't enforced? i don't understand

also NA is not country its a continent

sigi1 said:
are you trying to say that home away isn't enforced? i don't understand

No, didn't say that. Answered to the crying europeans who believe they're gonna have like 4 matches with home away 300 ping in group stage, and a last one vs NA. Use your brain cells, Watly mentioned previously tournament format, group stage format, and some server locations in case these matches somehow happen(a bit unlikely if you ask me).

Can we agree on SA teams playing in the na sv? If using our own host is agaisnt the rules. We would have something like 150-200 ping on average, while playing in europe gives us 250 minimum in average, and thats pretty unplayable.

I think people are forgetting that 'playable' isnt reasonable, its suppose to be a test of skill, representing your Nation. People who're pretending that 100 - 150 ping is a reasonable representation of that nation's skill is being very silly. In most competitive games it's fine, but the net code in warband is terrible anywhere past 80, and unreasonable past 60, which is why the Nation's cup should be European and if anyone outside of Europe wants to join, they'll have to meet the conditions of the European teams (with some server nudging so the Europeans have maximum of 80 ping against anyone external).

It's all fun and games showcasing a large Nations tournament with loads of teams, but quality almost definitely beats quantity. I think the admins should seriously reconsider for a more reasonable environment. Considering there's a lot of teams outside of Europe, forcing people to play on 'middle ground servers' is laughable, as almost every other match will be a battle of ping rather than a test of skill. It's no good hosting a tournament where the battles are less intense of that of NC2017. I'm quite excited to see the last Nations cup look like **** because of a popularity contest.

It's fine to invite every tom **** 'n' harry to the tournament, but if you're constantly trying to accommodate every continent that participates with the only non-solution being middle ground servers then what's the point of the tournament? Why don't we all just play siege? Please be smart about this considering it's the last nations cup in warband, dont let it be a mistake.

When people say 'but its nations cup and not european nations cup', mate it's called Eurovision but they have non european countries, a name is a name.

In other means, you mention the WIS format, which is a completely flawed system and even more so in the Nations cup, if you're placing all of the new countries in lower groups, then you'll have like Argentina vs China, or like Ireland vs Argentina. And since when does the lowest performing in the BEST group get knocked out yet the best 2 performing in the second group go to knockouts? What sense does that make? If been placed in seed 1 because I'm better than those in seed 2, yet seed 2 go against other seed 2 teams and seed 1 go against seed 1, so a top team gets knocked out in group. And since theres like a 70/30 European to non European split, the chances of european teams going against non Europeans is high, what would be more fun is because of this seeding system, if these non europeans go against each other and get to the top of their group and go knockouts, the elimination stage will be ping war. Dont think this has really been thought out.

I am on phone srry if something makes sense not.

100 ping is fine, 150 is playable. I'm glad we have teams from all these other regions taking part and people shouldn't pretend they are going to be playing all of their matches with huge ping numbers; the vast majority of EU teams will be playing the vast majority of their matches with exactly the same pings they are used to.

I think people are forgetting that 'playable' isnt reasonable, its suppose to be a test of skill, representing your Nation. People who're pretending that 100 - 150 ping is a reasonable representation of that nation's skill is being very silly. It's very surprising to see Watly going with such awful approaches.

Again it's not a popularity contest and with current format, I could quite confidently see a lot of european teams going against non europeans, with the exception of first seed. Can't wait for some seed's elimination matches at the end of groups to progress to be in elims being a ping war. Firdt of seed 3 going against third of seed 2 to progress into eliminations will surely be a non european match.

Fietta said:
I think people are forgetting that 'playable' isnt reasonable, its suppose to be a test of skill, representing your Nation. People who're pretending that 100 - 150 ping is a reasonable representation of that nation's skill is being very silly. It's very surprising to see Watly going with such awful approaches.

Again it's not a popularity contest and with current format, I could quite confidently see a lot of european teams going against non europeans, with the exception of first seed. Can't wait for some seed's elimination matches at the end of groups to progress to be in elims being a ping war. Second of seed 3 going against third of seed 2 to progress into eliminations will surely be a non european match.

imagine not even reading the tournament format and then talking about how things are going to go. yikes.

You aren't in this tournament and your complaints are unreasonable. It's a Nation's Cup, not a European Cup. People will play very few matches against teams that are far away (if any at all) and the issue is being blown out of proportion.

I understand your concerns, but I can assure you that we thought of this as well. While Argentina is a problematic case server solution wise, they have accepted to play on NY servers. Since the SA teams seem to be fairly similar in skill, given the intense rivalry, they will likely end up seeded similarly. This also adds the benefit that Argentina can play on their own server for half the group stage.

The Chinese team seems to be similar in ping as the US, other than the Great Wall preventing European players from getting decent pings. As such, they have accepted playing on a Moscow server against European teams. This gives most teams no more than 50-70 ping with Turkey and Spain reaching 90-100 in bad cases. We will most likely end up adjusting the seed a bit if needed so China isn't placed in the same group as 3x Argentina.

The US rented a high quality NY serverbox (thank you!) to play on and will switch to a London server against Turkey and maybe some other teams with especially bad pings on NY.

As a result, the ping should be well below the danger zone for a large portion of international matches, excluding the fact that these matches will not be all that common to begin with.

Edit: I would also like to emphasize that the non-European teams have been accomodating and pro-actively working with us to find good solutions allowing them to participate without making it a 6-6 pingfest every time they play.

I remember being in that situation of telling Fietta he should shut-up because he wasn't part of the tournament he was making a comment about and I was the one being wrong. Discuss the arguments, not the man/woman behind them. Just because someone isn't part of something doesn't mean he cannot make a valid criticism about it.

At the end of the day though, this is always the argument of, do we want the most competitive tournament ever (and in that in case, you can make it an invitational European Nations Cup with 6/8 teams and save everyone else the trouble) or do we want something which allows every nation to take part in and try to attempt at finding a fair middle ground for most. It seems Watly and his admin team have opted for the second option, they are obviously aware of the ping issue and have apparently tried their best to provide everyone for the best condition possible.

With that being said, the competitor in my head is fully on-board with Fietta. I understand why, from an administrative standpoint, you want to allow the most Nations to take part in and I would probably come to do the same if I was in that situation, but it will likely result in a bad experience for most of the European teams having to play these matches. When you know that even a single match could play a huge part in your team making the second stage of the Nations Cup, it's normal to expect the best condition possible. NAvsEU, EUvsSA, all these matches-up provide nothing but artificially close scorelines and are just not a fun experience.

Edit: Watly's post above mine already answers some of my concerns. I suppose it will mostly be about waiting for the groups and deal it with it a case per case. Not optimal, but a 'decent' compromise to get everyone to fit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom