[NC2016] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Suggestion: The current clique of admins agree that they made an absurd ruling in ECS  - overturning KURWA's victory over Legend - and prevent a ludicrous situation developing with USA and Austria + Swiss.

Discuss.

Obviously ECS2 decision to punish entire team for one person's modified texture wasn't good but considering NA's ping advantage I think Austra & Swi deserve a replay. Don't tell me that NA having 5 players with almost EU ping on away server did not influence the result.

Trebron said:
Obviously ECS2 decision to punish entire team for one person's modified texture wasn't good but considering NA's ping advantage I think Austra & Swi deserve a replay. Don't tell me that NA having 5 players with almost EU ping on away server did not influence the result.

:facepalm:

I went over why it was played on NL, they agreed to the server, we would've played on any European server. That's the one I was told to book.

Just take a look at this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/P1ie3xn.jpg

We had 84-142 ping, whilst they had 29-49. You really think the ping influenced the result? That's a pretty big ping advantage for them, and the set was 3-0. No disrespect meant to Austria & Swiss, but I really don't think ping or my javs (especially considering I didn't even get a jav kill the whole match) influenced that match much.

Trebron said:

Yes let's start punishing teams for having good ping, seems like a logical reason for that.

Arys said:
Trebron said:

:facepalm:

I went over why it was played on NL, they agreed to the server, we would've played on any European server. That's the one I was told to book.

Just take a look at this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/P1ie3xn.jpg

We had 84-142 ping, whilst they had 29-49. You really think the ping influenced the result? That's a pretty big ping advantage for them, and the set was 3-0. No disrespect meant to Austria & Swiss, but I really don't think ping or my javs (especially considering I didn't even get a jav kill the whole match) influenced that match much.
This. Right. Here.
If we could 3-0 when they have the lower pings, then ping is not the issue.

Trebron said:

Would you say that because of Arys' modified texture or would you argue the replay point regardless?

Trebron said:
considering NA's ping advantage I think Austra & Swi deserve a replay. Don't tell me that NA having 5 players with almost EU ping on away server did not influence the result.

How would a replay influence the match result at all? What's the logic here?

(i mean i guess we dont have our blue javs anymore ;_:wink:

This isn't nearly the first time that pings have been very uneven between NA and EU teams for NC matches.

Going way back, but in NC2012, Canada had a match against France on servers decided by admins. We got absolutely dumpstered 16-4, and even though I knew Canada didn't have a very strong team (aside from maybe 2013), something about the match bothered me, so I later calculated the average players' pings and made an appeal to the admins for better server balance between teams.

I can't find the screenshots themselves anymore, but I still have the stats recorded in a Word document:

Canada EU server: 138.25
Canada NA server: 58.44

France NA server: 117.31
France EU server: 41.25

France had a pretty clear advantage, and with Canada's low population and massive geographical size, we had pings on EU servers ranging from 77 to 190+. After my appeal to the admins (I think it was actually just Alexander that year) they were more careful in choosing servers our next matches and our next two matches were much closer. My point here is that even if we had replayed the match on a more favourable server, I doubt the result would have changed by much. I mean, we got totally bodied even on our own server, and later in the same tournament Ukraine also smashed us 15-5 with almost exactly balanced servers.

This is also part of what is just a flawed but necessary system for NA/EU matches. For the NA/AU match, we just happened to have mostly east coast players around for that match; if we had mostly central/west coast players around, it would have been a different story. Not to mention the 60-120 ping for west coast players on our own east coast servers.

TL;DR
Replaying the match due to ping imbalance alone is stupid, especially if the servers were decided upon by both the teams and admins involved.

I won't touch the whole graphic modifications thing, though. Clearly against the rules, and I'm sure the admins have put a lot of thought into whatever they end up deciding.

giphy.gif

Let's keep it on point here gents. The question being put is whether it would be right to follow the precedent set the admin team in forcing a replay between KURWA and Legend in ECS. Though following the logic of there being an element of quid pro quo in that instance, the precedent would be a default win for Austria.

Personally I'm against it - punishing an entire team for one person's modified files is bizarre; the team had no way of knowing the guy had dodgy textures. If the match were closer and the impact of the modification more significant then maybe that would stand some ground. Whilst I don't really see an issue with blue javelins the only logical thing, according to the rules, is to ban Arys and let the win stand.

That solution satisfies the rules and is equitable, it's shameful of some Austria-Swiss players to try and turn what is a case relating to an individual into one that they think they can use to their team's advantage.

BlackTide said:
the team had no way of knowing the guy had dodgy textures.
Not stating an opinion (the admins' ruling will be posted soon though) but I wanted to correct you on this point. The screenshot of the first week (which also used blue missiles) was visible before the second match, so technically everyone had access to the knowledge of Arys' cheating.

None of us gets paid doing this, we're all doing this in our freetime and if an issue is as complex as the current one it simply takes time to validate all the data and give every admin teh chance so speak his/her thoughts.

Captain Lust said:
Not stating an opinion (the admins' ruling will be posted soon though) but I wanted to correct you on this point. The screenshot of the first week (which also used blue missiles) was visible before the second match, so technically everyone had access to the knowledge of Arys' cheating.

Moot and pedantic point, I think you understood me well enough. The team had no way of knowing that Arys STILL had the dodgy textures, if that satisfies you.

BlackTide said:
Captain Lust said:

Moot and pedantic point, I think you understood me well enough. The team had no way of knowing that Arys STILL had the dodgy textures, if that satisfies you.
This is just my opinion but isn't the NA team responsible for choosing Arys as their captain?

Erminas said:
BlackTide said:
Captain Lust said:

This is just my opinion but isn't the NA team responsible for choosing Arys as their captain?
So? That doesn't mean they are aware of his textures.

Back
Top Bottom