Native OSP Scenes Native Scene Replacement Pack - [Added Bariyye 30.12.2018]

Users who are viewing this thread

I have finally finished Reyvadin, the last Vaegir town. I'm a bit too lazy right now to take some screenshots, but you can explore by yourselves. Also, I have edited the grass layout for Rivacheg and all the Nord towns, so it looks much better now. All you have to do is to simply replace the old scene codes with the new ones. Thus, you'll need to redownload.

Edit: Also, the downloads have been moved to Nexus. You can see them here: http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6067/?

@Bpopa. We'll see. :fruity:

I have installed this pack in native warband using the are of copy-paste. The scenes seem to work fine and look beautiful indeed. However, there are no villagers walking around. I have checked the scenes.txt file and everything seems to be copied fine. Since I'm quite new at using mods I might have forgotten something. Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

thanks in advance,

Hmm, are you referring to the town walkers or literally villagers? The towns do indeed have villages, but they might not always be visited by the AI. Sometimes, it happens that I haven't placed spawn points in villages simply because they are too far away from the town itself.

Each town has 10 possible spawn points for townsmen (so, no villagers), so this is my only choice. Since the focus is mainly on towns, you'll see more people inside the urban area of the map. That said, the villages are only a cosmetic addition. Placing actual villagers is possible indeed, but that would require further modifications.

Nevertheless, it seems that you got everything right.

SenorZorros said:
I meant the townsmen. I have the mission where I have to find a spy in Thir but there are no townsmen to be found. at least not in the walled part

Was it during the day or at night/dawn/evening (townsmen don't spawn during these times of day)?

I'm pretty sure that this is not scene-related. Since all the spawn points are in place, there should be no issues at all, regardless of the scenes used.

T5yoo.jpg

-T9xp.jpg

ndxoa.jpg

Because why not.
Guess the city. :wink:

Thanks everyone.

@Sentinel. I didn't realize this, thanks for the notification. I really wondered, why so few views.

Speaking of Swadian towns, Uxkhal is already done, but I'm not too sure whether I should add the towns one by one. I'm thinking about releasing them in batches (i.e: Uxkhal and Dhirim, then Suno and Praven).

Very nice work, but could you add the Module System code for the new scenes so we modders don't have to modify the txt files every time we compile our mods?
Thanks in advance!

guspav said:
Very nice work, but could you add the Module System code for the new scenes so we modders don't have to modify the txt files every time we compile our mods?
Thanks in advance!

The .txt code contains all the information needed to add it to the module code.

Beautiful towns! I've just installed this and it makes a huge improvement to the game. I hope you have time to do some of the others.

I've run into a couple of problems though:
- In your pics, eg. this one:
shJ3R.jpg
your water extends to the horizon. Mine doesn't. It just stops at the edge of the map. Is it some other mod you have that gives that effect?  Without the water extending to the horizon the distant ships look like they are floating in the air.

- I get a few trees appearing in the middle of paths. I suspect this may be to do with Polished Landscapes though. I've not done any scene/flora modding before. Is there a simple way to remove specific trees?

Riding around these towns made me wish the whole game was like this, with no map view at all. That got me thinking, would it be possible to have "walk around the town" as the default, rather than the town menu?

Back
Top Bottom