MP Native [Native compatible] NeoGK - The siege enhancement mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello again Dwarf,  thank you for taking the time last night to show me all the neonative features.  I must say I was very impressed and think the mod could definitely find a home on the GK_Siege in the future. 

I do have a few suggestions,  I hope you agree they are good ones as I think they will perfect your mod.

Catapult:  Moves way too fast,  faster than the player can even walk.  Move speed should be lowered at least by half.  Reloaded a bit fast too,  you can find some videos and information about catapult reload speeds to get an idea. 

Ballista:  Bolt speed was very slow.  The Bolt should fly as fast as an arrow.  Reload speed was VERY fast,  the ballista reloaded as fast as an xbow on foot.  I would estimate a reload speed 3-4x longer.  The size of the actual ballista itself seemed a little small as well.  The xbow part of the ballista should be larger. 

Walls you can destroy:  We discussed flagging walls for destruction so the catapult does not bring down an entire castle in minutes.  This will allow a mapper to set which walls will be destroyed. 

Everything else was amazing,  especially the ships.  I cannot tell you how excited I am to make maps that will use those movable boats. 

Deaf Blind Dave said:
Hello again Dwarf,  thank you for taking the time last night to show me all the neonative features.  I must say I was very impressed and think the mod could definitely find a home on the GK_Siege in the future. 

I do have a few suggestions,  I hope you agree they are good ones as I think they will perfect your mod.

Catapult:  Moves way too fast,  faster than the player can even walk.  Move speed should be lowered at least by half.  Reloaded a bit fast too,  you can find some videos and information about catapult reload speeds to get an idea. 

Ballista:  Bolt speed was very slow.  The Bolt should fly as fast as an arrow.  Reload speed was VERY fast,  the ballista reloaded as fast as an xbow on foot.  I would estimate a reload speed 3-4x longer.  The size of the actual ballista itself seemed a little small as well.  The xbow part of the ballista should be larger. 

Walls you can destroy:  We discussed flagging walls for destruction so the catapult does not bring down an entire castle in minutes.  This will allow a mapper to set which walls will be destroyed. 

Everything else was amazing,  especially the ships.  I cannot tell you how excited I am to make maps that will use those movable boats.

Thank you. It was a great time for me :grin:
I sent you a message. Please, read it.

I'd like to play with a lot of players :smile:

Deaf Blind Dave said:
Hello again Dwarf,  I did not get your message.  Where did you send it?  Please resend.  Thanks!

Oh, do you?
I sent another e-mail to you also before that. (to hotmail)

All right.
I would send them again to your another address :smile:

Hello my friend.  Very nice email thank you.  I think all those solutions will work very nicely.  If you can fix the teleport doors that will be the biggest concern.  If we need to,  we can go into our maps and change the oil to your oil.  I like yours better :wink: 

About ghost skeletons though,  is this optional?  We have a lot of skeletons on some maps and I do not want them to be ghosts !    :shock:

Great work I cannot wait to get this on our siege server :smile:

Deaf Blind Dave said:
Hello my friend.  Very nice email thank you.  I think all those solutions will work very nicely.  If you can fix the teleport doors that will be the biggest concern.  If we need to,  we can go into our maps and change the oil to your oil.  I like yours better :wink: 

About ghost skeletons though,  is this optional?  We have a lot of skeletons on some maps and I do not want them to be ghosts !    :shock:

Great work I cannot wait to get this on our siege server :smile:

Good day.

Haha, That don't worry. They will fly at var_no=1. So var_no=0(default value) don't fly.
Also, If you want to know well about scene object, read "readme_en.txt", please.

Good luck on your map, I'm looking forward to completion :smile:

I forgot to write one in the readme file.
It's follows.

zz_active_point(old: barrier_sphere)  var_no=63: out of area max

square: (from(fixed position: x=25.0, y=25.0) to that active_point)
The active_point should "current map's each maxX,Y-25.0" (example: mapmax x=300.0, y=300.0 ---> active_point_var_no=63 x=275.0, y=275.0)
The value need not have just. But, it should be as same as possible to "max_XY-25.0".

Inside the square, become ship moveable zone.
If the ship was out of the square, then it returned in the square, and will display "OUT OF AREA" on your screen.

If you didn't put the zz_active_point in the water map, the ship don't stop automatically in a boundary of area.
And then agents on the ship will fall to water by the invisible wall.

DWARF3

Hello again :smile:

We did some tests, with around 50 players on your sea- map.
Currently we are NOT going to load your mod on  our main servers because:

A lot of stuff simply is not working when the server is hosted under linux: More precisely:
1.Balistas, boiling oil, catapults doesnt affect enemy players. I can shoot a player in his head with a ballista, but nothing happens.
2. Dash is not working too.
3. Lack of quality maps.
- Sea map is pretty awesome, but attacking ships are waaay tooo far in the sea and the ships speed is too slow. It takes around 5 mins to get the crew to the island, and thats VERY boring.
- You should add your siege equipment plus some chests and barrels in all six (6) classic siege maps - Hailes, Jameyyed, Rudkan, etc. Right now, there is simply not enough maps to construct a decent map-cycle.
- I cant download the 0.72 update - for some terms of use reason  :shock:
- Until you implement madmin into your mod there is no way for serious administrations to control the servers. Thats pretty important. YOU HAVE TO IMPLEMENT some admin tools within your mod. And madmin is open source project, and also is one of the best admin tools out there.

I can speak a lot more about your mod and what NEEDS to be done in order to publish it on famous servers with massive players database - if you have the will and desire to make it - pls contact me via message, or visit www.troll-game.org and write a message to SoG.

P.S. Im posting some of the script errors we've got when we try to run the server under linux:
Input: start
Starting mission...
Command file is read.
At Script [587] cf_spt_mod_object_init.
Unrecognized opcode 255.; LINE NO: 7:

Chavdar said:
DWARF3

A lot of stuff simply is not working when the server is hosted under linux: More precisely:
1.Balistas, boiling oil, catapults doesnt affect enemy players. I can shoot a player in his head with a ballista, but nothing happens.
3. Lack of quality maps.
- Sea map is pretty awesome, but attacking ships are waaay tooo far in the sea and the ships speed is too slow. It takes around 5 mins to get the crew to the island, and thats VERY boring.
- You should add your siege equipment plus some chests and barrels in all six (6) classic siege maps - Hailes, Jameyyed, Rudkan, etc. Right now, there is simply not enough maps to construct a decent map-cycle.
- Until you implement madmin into your mod there is no way for serious administrations to control the servers. Thats pretty important. YOU HAVE TO IMPLEMENT some admin tools within your mod. And madmin is open source project, and also is one of the best admin tools out there.

I can speak a lot more about your mod and what NEEDS to be done in order to publish it on famous servers with massive players database - if you have the will and desire to make it - pls contact me via message, or visit www.troll-game.org and write a message to SoG.

P.S. Im posting some of the script errors we've got when we try to run the server under linux:
Starting mission...
Command file is read.

Thanks for your server test :smile:

[dash]
If player didn't add the mod, he can't dash and crouch. also he don't see most effects and weather, mist etc...

[about server]
Linux? Ah, I don't know well about it because I haven't used the dadicated server of linux_version.
If you discover way to operate the mod by linux server, tell me. It's welcome.
Please try the following.

1.Use the desicated_server1.153 of windows_version.
2.Use NeoNative version0.72(a few bugs fixed).

Was the mod download link disabled? Oh, I'm sorry.
I sent the file to you now. Please use it.
And I will increase downloading links.

[game server introduction]
First, You should make a backup of the Native folder.(for you to return at any time to Plain Native)
Then, please overwrite Native folder by mod file.
Then, overwrite to again NeoNative folder from "server_files" folder.(If only original NeoNative folder, it does not work.)

[ship speed]
I examined about this. But if the ship speed is high, a collision check will become suitable.
The sea map is maximum size.(1000m x 1000m) It's very far. If you think the ship speed is slow, please use small size map.
Sure, the sample maps are few now. I intend to increase maps little by little.

[madmin tool]
I don't know well "madmin tool".
I use my own scripts to the game settings and server messages.
I would like to respond to your demand as much as possible, however that examination will take time.

[about script error]
I think you may failed the introduction of the file.
Please retry "about server" and "game server introduction".

Chavdar said:
DWARF3

3. Lack of quality maps.

Starting mission...
Command file is read.

You should be able to run madmin with Neonative.  Madmin works with just about any mod.  You sure you installed it right?

Lannistark said:
Is this running guys?

Hopefully very soon on GK siege :wink:

I am operating a server now.  It will work for another about four hours.

SERVER NAME: NeoNative_CTF

World time

date 05/10
england 11:30-15:00
us east 6:30-10:00
china 19:30-23:00

enjoy :smile:

Deaf Blind Dave said:
Chavdar said:
DWARF3

3. Lack of quality maps.

Starting mission...
Command file is read.

You should be able to run madmin with Neonative.  Madmin works with just about any mod.  You sure you installed it right?

Lannistark said:
Is this running guys?

Madmin is open source project, meaning we have implemented it within the .py code, then recompiled the whole module.
This cannot be applied in this particular case....

Chavdar said:
Deaf Blind Dave said:
Chavdar said:
DWARF3

3. Lack of quality maps.

Starting mission...
Command file is read.

Lannistark said:
Is this running guys?

Madmin is open source project, meaning we have implemented it within the .py code, then recompiled the whole module.

Hi chavder :smile:

I was examined about madmin, some useful features are included in my mod by my own script.
I think it should not be installed, it may cause a conflict.
I will add some admin feature in next version. Please wait for little time.

DWARF3 said:
Chavdar said:
Deaf Blind Dave said:
Chavdar said:
DWARF3

3. Lack of quality maps.

Starting mission...
Command file is read.

Lannistark said:
Is this running guys?

Hi chavder :smile:

I was examined about madmin, some useful features are included in my mod by my own script.
I think it should not be installed, it may cause a conflict.
I will add some admin feature in next version. Please wait for little time.

That is going to be a problem with GK siege as well.  We use madmin to admin our server.  We would need specific functions..  Is it not possible to just copy over the code?  I am sure Madoc intended for his mod to work with all mods so I don't think it would be a problem.

Deaf Blind Dave said:
That is going to be a problem with GK siege as well.  We use madmin to admin our server.  We would need specific functions..  Is it not possible to just copy over the code?  I am sure Madoc intended for his mod to work with all mods so I don't think it would be a problem.

Excuse me, I considered again about the part of ploblem. It wasn't a serious problem. Because madmin is as secondary.
I think the problem might following.

1. overlap of key (taunt key, admin key etc...)
2. overlap of function (login message, server message, admin chat, auto horse remove etc...)

Also, I sent email to you. Please read it.

Version0.755 released

DOWNLOAD
http://www.mediafire.com/?n930jbar3s3neac

VERY IMPORTANT
System improved materially. Please be sure to update, I'm sorry.
Older versions than 0.750 isn't compatibility of control.
If you didn't update, you will can't weapon's control and can't hear the effects.
Please be sure to update, regards.

UPDATE CONTENTS
option "catapult reload speed" added
brakeable objects bug fixed
adminpanel2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom