Nations Cup 2017 - Announcement & Applications

Users who are viewing this thread

So Spain played a match in the new gamemode and we all agreed on giving an opinion to add to the current criticisim on this gamemode topic.

Tbh, we don't dislike the new gamemode, we've enjoyed some parts of it, we think it's very original and brings lot of new strategy that can be very interesting to be seen but..

If we had to decide between keeping wpl system or changing to the new gamemode, we would pick the old system because:
-It's not been out for that long(only wpl).
-It's atm a system that I believe supports teamfights and gives at the same time lot of tactical options(Some ppl complained that watching strategies in wpl's system was very boring as every team was doing very similar stuff). I think personally that's a fault of commanders themselves and not something about the system, you can always be creative with your strategies and surprise your enemy with different methods.
-95% of the competitive map pool are not meant to be played with a system like new gamemode, and some changes in the map should really happen to allow 5 'placing' flag spots, otherwise we believe some maps can become kinda unbalanced and wierd.
-We literally won a round on mountain fortress just by running and zoning enemy out of flag. The only spot avaible for flag was our spawn, and we were just running to the side they had to go through, so we basicly ran for 1 minute and some seconds until they were forced to push into a hard spot with 20 seconds until round ended. They killed almost all of us and lost a round because the flag carrier didn't reach the flag plant spot as he was 3 meters away. Some people said clearly that they wanted a change because wpl's system wasnt fun to watch anymore. We are confident saying that a spectator wouldn't be pleased to watch people running for 1 minute and a bit avoiding eachother and see that the winning team has 2 guys left alive and the 'pushing one' 5.
-Lot of players and maybe some team like Finland won't sign up for the tournament just because of this major change on the gamemode. Let's be clear, you made a huge effort to make this gamemode happen, but you should've asked for opinions before investing time on it, we could've avoided all this problems and criticisim. We are a small community, We rather play with all players and teams in wpl's system than less players and maybe a few teams less in the new gamemode.
-Personally, we've been practising for a while together and are starting to feel more comfortable on wpl's system. This new gamemode is not a minor change, it changes drasticly the way the game it's played, all strategies are completly different, even behaviour on flag is very different. We just would prefer to keep the old system, we really like the way it's played, tacticly speaking aswell.

In conclusion:
-We support the old system, wpl's one, and I personally suggest adding new maps to the competitive scene and making changes to the current maps to make them more interesting with new strategy openings and more original tactic variations.

Sick, cheers for feedback, glad to see some useful criticism!

I think although the wpl rules were only in use for one tournament, the fundamentals of them have been in use for quite a bit longer with some minor rule changes. We've changed bits here and there (forced flag spawn, can't spawn same place twice, reduced timer...) just as we keep seeing flaws of the system and trying to reduce that (randomness, boring waiting etc). I see this as a continuation of that.

Just to be clear, there won't be 5 flag spots in the new mode - that was just a possibility of Azan's mod when he wrote it up some time ago (over a year now I think). I'll be posting a more up to date ruleset soon, but basically it's the same 3 flag spots we use now.

You mentioned in steam you'll send me a video of the tactics etc, so I'll wait to see that, however I actually like the idea that a team was prevented from 'planting' and I'm glad it's happening so soon (I actually thought planting would be too easy!) I'll wait to see though.

Dyktator said:
Charlini said:
If we had to decide between keeping wpl system or changing to the new gamemode, we would pick the old system, because:

What do you mean by "wpl system"?

I meant the system that is being used in wpl2 competition atm

Dyktator said:
Charlini said:
If we had to decide between keeping wpl system or changing to the new gamemode, we would pick the old system, because:

He's reffering to the flag spawning 40 seconds into the round, and the increased flag raise time thats being used in WPL2.

Arys said:
Dyktator said:
Charlini said:

He's reffering to the flag spawning 40 seconds into the round, and the increased flag raise time thats being used in WPL2.

If proper overtime was added on flag, it could be even better!

I'LL NEVER GIVE UP!

OurGloriousLeader said:
You mentioned in steam you'll send me a video of the tactics etc, so I'll wait to see that, however I actually like the idea that a team was prevented from 'planting' and I'm glad it's happening so soon (I actually thought planting would be too easy!) I'll wait to see though.
Here's the round where we couldn't plant the flag and lost, eventhough we were winning the fights.. :razz:

Wub Wub Wub Wub Bwaaah said:
OurGloriousLeader said:
Here's the round where we couldn't plant the flag and lost, eventhough we were winning the fights.. :razz:
From our point of view

Surkan said:
cav can't actually upgrade their gear

You already said.

Wub Wub Wub Wub Bwaaah said:
OurGloriousLeader said:

Yea I saw spain's side. You got outpositioned. It's great. Happens in current Battle too.

OurGloriousLeader said:
Yea I saw spain's side. You got outpositioned. It's great. Happens in current Battle too.
I agree with this.

I don't see the problem in getting outplayed like this? It's actually going to add alot more tactical stuff into the fights. Which at the end would probably make it alot more interresting.

https://www.twitch.tv/greedalicious

Greed, ChatNoir, Aeronwen and me are commenting a Russia vs Poland friendly scrim mod if you want to see the mode on live !

Is there a recording of scrim between Poland and Russia which was played with new game mode? If yes, could you please post the link, so everyone can check out how cancerous this game mode is.

P.S.
Also I want to inform you guys, in case you keep this game mode in NC, Russia won't participate in NC.

Back
Top Bottom