Nations Cup 2017 - Announcement & Applications

Users who are viewing this thread

Snusmakaren

Sergeant Knight at Arms
epn9O.png

[size=24pt]INTRODUCTION[/size]

Hello, Warbladers!

The 7th edition of Nations Cup 2017 is to come, with a completely new admin team we will make this Nations Cup unforgettable. The admins are going to make sure you'll have the best NC ever.

We have come to this moment, the special time of 2017 where we'll be seeing hungry warriors seeking to be the Nation to win. You feel like a wizard al ready? Start preparing then! The Nations Cup is the most exciting tournament in the Warband history with legendary players, sick matches and clutches. Will the Nations Cup 2017 be yours?

We are extremely happy to run this tournament, and obviously I want to thank Belendor for doing the graphics this year, we can guarantee we will deliver some good graphics! 

I am happy to say that Arys, OGL, Harman and Belendor are helping me out, this would not be possible without you guys! Please keep in mind, there's one more experienced admin who is on his way to the admin team.

Obviously, having WPL running as such a great tournament, the Nations Cup 2017 is expected to be starting in March.

[size=24pt]ADMINISTRATION[/size]

JabWS.png
Robin
Lead Admin
JtlKe.png

ARYS
Admin
vBCc5.png

OGL
Admin
5S1o_.png

BELENDOR
Admin
sBbLP.png

HARMAN
Admin

Any questions? don't hesitate to contact us!

The Admin team of the Nations Cup 2017, wants to thank Captain Lust, Erminas, Harman, Deacon, Faebio, Aeronwen, Scar and Dyktator for hosting the previous Nations Cup. It wouldn't of been a great NC without you guys! The most important, we want to thank everyone who participated last year, contributed with something, we are hoping to see you again in the Nations Cup 2017. Furthermore, thanks to Captain Lust for the thread layout.             

[size=24pt]IMPORTANT NEWS[/size]

Surprisingly, we are going to try out a new game mode for the Nations Cup 2017 made by Azan. We will be having test matches coming up, and some matches are going to get streamed. Description of the game mod is written at the bottom of the page.

Overall, the Nations Cup 2017 is going to be different to the one we had 2016, rules are expected to be changed. The rules will be posted in the upcoming days. However, much of the rules are pretty much written in the description of the new game mod. We will make a 2nd announcement about everything you have to know, as soon as possible.

The Admin team is currently having plans for a small tournament before the Nations Cup 2017.

Firstly, Please post, if your Nation is going to participate in the Nations Cup 2017. It does definitely help the admins! Lastly, please be patient, much information is going to be posted within the days, keep an eye open!

About the New Game mode - includes download
Competitive Battle
This is a new gamemode supplanting warbands existing battle gametype. The gametype will work with 3 stages (as it does currently) however the nature of the stages will be slightly different.

Stage 1: Assault
The Assault stage places one team in the role of attacker and the other in the role of defender. Whichever team won the previous round is the attacker.

The attacker gets a CTF flag spawn in front of them. Their objective is to carry this to one of between 1 and 5 flag zones on the map which are marked with small banners. Once you get the flag to one of these zones it spawns the usual MoF flags there. Effectively these work like the normal MoF flag locations with the difference being that one of the teams can effectively choose the location of the flag.

If you do not manage to get the flag to a zone before the round timer reaches zero, you forfeit the round.

Once a flag zone has been used it cannot be used again by either side, the banner marking it will disappear.

You cannot pickup or dropoff a flag while on horseback, horses move at 50% speed while you are carrying the flag.

Stage 2: Capture
The capture stage is basically the same as our current MoF stage, the flag mechanics effectively are identical with a few minor differences.

The capture time is now 90 seconds instead of 50.

The flags can be spawned at any time in the round and only when the CTF flag is placed on a flag zone, alternatively if it is the first round or the previous round was a draw the MoF is placed on a special neutral flag location immediately.

You can only win on flags by fully raising them, you do not win by having a higher flag at the end of a round.

Stage 3: Sudden Death
Stage 3 occurs when the round timer reaches zero and the MoF flag has been placed. This mode works similarly to stage 2 with the difference being the behaviour of the flags.

The flags will no longer go down and can only go up, if you are near the flag it will raise, otherwise it wont.

Both teams being on the flag no longer stops both flags from raising.

Thoughts and Intentions
This gamemode is designed to fix gameplay flaws in the existing battle mode. The first being the lack of incentive for teams to be aggressive or even fight at all during the first 2 minutes of a round, the second being to remove the random flag spawn as a mechanic since as a random element it has too much power to influence the battle.

At no time in the new mode is there an incentive for a team to be passive and camp in one spot. A team can be passive if they already have control of the MoF flag or if they have enough map control to prevent the attacker team from getting to any spawns in stage 1. In these scenarios however, one team is always under pressure to do something or they lose, encouraging a direct engagement.

In stage 1 the defending team will have several objectives. The best outcome for them would be to kill the attackers flag carrier and force the attackers to have to fight in a less than ideal place to try to retrieve it. However the other objectives would be to try to deny the attackers the stronger spawn sites or even to use map control and pressure to completely stop the attackers from being able to reach a flag spawn.

The attacker team in stage 1 will obviously want to use the fact that they choose the spawn location to work to their advantage, some spawns will be easily reached with no contest. However the order you pick the spawns is relevant. If you choose spawns in order from easiest to hardest by the last round if you have won the previous ones, you may have only one spawn site left and the defenders will be equally aware of this. As such reaching it may be far more difficult. If however you try to take that spawn site in the second round, it may be much easier as the defenders will be trying to cover more area and angles.

Since the round can no longer be won by a higher flag, only a fully raised one there is little incentive for the attackers to wait around with their flag until the end of the round, it is a heavy risk since if their flag carrier is put in a position where they are killed or cannot reach the flag, the team may lose. The other team is also still guaranteed a full 90 seconds to engage even if you place the flag right at the end.

Download link:
Lord Rich said:
Here's a link to the current version of the mod:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c23havad507jj3o/Native_CompFlags1170.zip

Not all maps have the entry points added, the current supported ones are:

Verloren
Sandi (2 flags only)
Fort of Honor (No Neutral Flag)
Reveran Village
Desolation Valley
Mountain Fortress

If you want to play around and change the location of any of the game mode objects in edit mode, these are the entry point numbers:

Neutral Flag - 80

Flag Spot 1 - 81
Flag Spot 2 - 82
Flag Spot 3 - 83
Flag Spot 4 - 84
Flag Spot 5 - 85

Team 1 Banner Spawn - 86
Team 2 Banner Spawn - 87

If you want to modify a map to work with the game mode at minimum it needs entry points 81, 86 and 87 to work.

I'm very pleased to see this administration team and I love how you've got admins from different countries (extremely glad to see harman there). The logo is looking mighty fine too. Having an innovative idea for the nation's cup 2017 may come to a shock but I think it's a great time for change. Nice Work. I also don't mind helping if somethings needed, most likely won't be participating but I'd love to help out.

I've read every things about the new system and not gonna lie, I don't like it. I hope to change my point of view while seeing it in action or playing it. :wink:

Nontheless, I wish a very best of luck to this admin team to run one of the most sucessful warband event.

As for the french team, I've been in contact with Peter and as far as I know, he is sadly not interested by leading the French Team this year. Paulo being in China, there are not many people capable of leading a FRA team and making it live-up to its own standards. I've already been speaking with Subzero about it a month ago and we'll try to see if we can sort a decent team out of this misery.

What's the point in changing what's good? I mean we've recently had a change with the round time being shortened, flags not spawning in the same spot in a row, and we didn't have that much time to play it, even though that was surely a good change. It's good you want to give it a try, but you may as well **** up a tournament with it. People speaking how it could "spice" things up after years of playing battle. Mind telling me how it could make matches more eventful? Needless to say, not a fan of your plans.

Firunien said:
Nice idea, is this new mod ft3 or bo5 ? :smile:

This is some of the settings we'll finalise after testing the mod in matches and a mini tournament prior.

eRRoR13 said:
What's the point in changing what's good? I mean we've recently had a change with the round time being shortened, flags not spawning in the same spot in a row, and we didn't have that much time to play it, even though that was surely a good change. It's good you want to give it a try, but you may as well **** up a tournament with it. People speaking how it could "spice" things up after years of playing battle. Mind telling me how it could make matches more eventful? Needless to say, not a fan of your plans.

Short answer, we don't believe it's good. Long answer, the shortening of timer and minor changes to flag location spawns were good changes but the meta has become quite stagnant now with only one objective to fight over and little incentive for map control. We looked to expand the use of the map while giving players more freedom of choice in how they approached fights, more akin to something like bomb in CSGO than right now having everyone pile onto a place randomly determined after 30 secs.

It's still being tested and you should come try it before making up your mind either way.

eRRoR13 said:

What OGL said. You need not to worry about that at all, we already started organizing test matches and a mini-tournament to get the most of the feedbacks and how this gamemode is going to work out before NC actually starts. And, the mini tournament is going to be streamed so you will be able to see it yourselves. This a really good change for the community. Core of the battle we know for years is still there, it is just being spiced up and made extra fun.

I assure you will appreciate what Azan and OGL have done after seeing it yourselves. Speaking as a player, I would.

It's great to see that there again is a dedicated team coming together to organize another tournament after all the years!

The new system sounds very interesting. Really looking forward to see that being played the first time!

I guess teams will stay with 8 players or are you going to experiment in the test matches?

Give it a try, but I am not looking forward.

This sounds more like a fun mod, not a competitive one. The new flag thingy that came up not long ago is enough in my opinion. I don't think we need that new game mode.

This mod sounds cool for the games that we would play for fun. Like "Rush" Gamemod in Battlefield. It however doesn't sound as cool for the games, that people play with high concentration. No offense meant, I talk as a player who won't even take part in the tournament. To increase the freedom of choice, wouldn't it be easier to add 2 more flags to each map? 5 flags would certainly, increase the variation enough, without changing the mode from battle to something else altogether.

In all cases, good luck.

Interested to see how this plays out - might have to try and get in the German NC team, ugh xD

Never been a fan of the CTF mechanics though, and a 50% to horse speed to me, without testing, looks like a little too much.

Back
Top Bottom