Nal Tar / Torbah tournaments are hardcore

Users who are viewing this thread

Egaldor

Sergeant
Everyone mounted and everyone has bow or javelins and shield.
First round: 4 teams of eight, proyectiles flying all over the place, allies stuck on the wall and you have lethrarian up your ass. Honestly has anyone ever beaten this tournament? it seems almost impossible for me lol

im curious about your strategies :grin:

Do you play as a horse archer?
If yes, then it's easy. Just keep circling.
If no, then it's difficult. Clubs take too long to knock out opponents.

KarlXII said:

Im a horse archer but still takes me like 4 arrows to knock someone down and if i get the javelins (every single time) im screwed

Edit: also because javelins have bad accuracy they are likely to end up in your face even if you are circling them

Keep moving. If you get an opportunity to sneak up on someone from the blind spot for ranged weapons on horseback, do so, otherwise run around and keep yourself alive. Don't forget...it's one kill to advance from first round, two to advance from others. Don't try to unhorse your enemies unless it's the last one stnding and you want to run around at full gallop for five minutes until he exhausts his ammo.

Egaldor said:
im curious about your strategies :grin:

Do not bet in tournaments with throwing weapons (very stupid, annoying and totally artificial setup) and with bows while your archery is low. Throwing totally depends on pro, it cannot be helped by your skills at all so opponents will one shot you and even moving will not help since throwing is inaccurate and they'll one shot you anyway - it's just random and nothing more. Try to score some easy kills fast to pass even knocked out but it's still depends mostly on luck and nothing else.

Overall tournament equipment is very low damage so until you'll reach champion and HA fighters stats you will have to be many times better than them - random over long distance will kill you so don't risk your money and have fun. BTW with skills 6 and pros 420 I can do many noldor tournaments in a row without reloading (except for total BS but it's rare) and human competitions are like a vacation but tournaments with many throwers are still most annoying and you can be killed in an instant without any means to prevent it.

For me it's easier with horse tournaments!

My strategies is;
Bow: Shoot on opponents horses until they go down. Then wait until opponent readies to strike you close up, its when you let the arrows fly.
Javelin: Facing enemy bows (close up fast and quick, throw then club them dead), Facing enemy javelins (circle them until they exhausted their ammo count) then wait until opponent readies to strike and you let the javelins fly.
Lance: Less talking, more couching.
Sword/Board: Whack em all
2h Sword: Tricky part is to avoid all missiles, otherwise close em up fast and strike hard.

edit; Also Ichamur and Singal are horse only too!

Egaldor said:
KarlXII said:

Im a horse archer but still takes me like 4 arrows to knock someone down and if i get the javelins (every single time) im screwed

Edit: also because javelins have bad accuracy they are likely to end up in your face even if you are circling them

Javelins actually have crazy good accuracy in tournaments. My current character uses javelins, and whenever I play those tournaments, the reticle is as accurate as the bows. So just don't stop moving. As soon as they move in the same direction as you, you're at risk.

It needs some luck in the first three tiers to be part of a good team. From then on, just circle around till your opponents expend all their projectiles. From then on, it's easy. Tedious, but doable.

Ishkoman's tournaments are a little difficult too, even if melee weapons are also allowed, since its arena is the smallest in Pendor, giving you small room for maneuvering.

Singal, on the other hand is perfectly ok; melee weapons allowed plus the biggest arena in the game. I consider its tournaments the third easiest in the game, after Sarleon and Marleons tournaments. Though only the Sarleon ones are autowins.

For me, Valonbray and Javiksholm are the toughest.

Hell, I consider those tournaments easy. Even on low levels of everything. Archery/Throw skill doesn't count much, you will go for point blank, all my throw proficiency is from Torbah feast tournament spam. General rules.

1. Don't stop, when your horse dies, you die
2. AI is dumb, 1 VS 1 it switches to club and you can shoot
3. It is not about shooting, it is about riding- attack blind spot on enemy, keep behind them on their right

1 VS 1 if you are unlucky, to have enemy starting to throw all, you will have to circle until he is out of ammo (point 3. still applies, but AI will usually keep distance).

??????? this is definitely the safest tournaments in pendor, all infantry melee tournaments are the hardest, all mounted archers/skirmishers are the easiest.

What i do is

1 - Walk my horse behind enemy (That usually gets stuck in wall), aim at head and shoot, you can't miss a shot so close, and even with Low archery proficiency and no power draw you can still do a lot of damage if you shoot at the head that close.

2 - If high skills in melee, power strike and etc.. then u can just kill everyone with the club, use horse speed to your advantage, no matter what weapon you use and how bad the damage is, with the horse speed bonus it can deal a lot of damage, never stay stationary on horse with a crappy weapon, always move left and right near the enemy, i keep cycling the front of the enemy horse and they go down in 1~4 hits with club.

3 - Its the safest tournament type to go, its VERY HARD to die in a tournament like that, the only bad thing about it is that it takes more time to finish than other types of tournaments, and if you have low proficiency and archery skills then it takes more time, but if you have high melee then its not a problem even with a club.

Most enemies in these type of tournaments get stuck in a wall, which makes them very easy to kill, i like to do these tournaments to raise my archery skill.

Now, a hard tournament is the Fierdsvain ones, nothing worse than getting your team killed and ganged by a group of Valks, knights of dawn and krakens, but that is just a matter of RNG, if you're lucky you get a good team, if you're not lucky you get a team of ''Fighters'' of different ranks.

Infantry only tourneys aren't that hard either. You can command your team, order them to hold position and step back a bit, and when the enemy attacks piece by piece, you can just go around and whack them in the back.

Mixed are most messy, if you happen to roll infantry. And mounted skirmisher, or all archer ones. When it's all mounted ranged, you need to keep moving or you get headshot by third party, even if you outmaneuver your target, and in all ranged infantry, you often spend most of the time strafing to dodge focused fire and hoping that your team will be capable enough to make use of the distraction.

In all tourneys you should focus on getting as many KO's as possible in the first rounds as with enough KO's you get into next round even if you get KO'd.
Sometimes just 2 KO's is enough, so once you do damage to one of the contestants focus on them till they are KO'd.

Brew said:
In all tourneys you should focus on getting as many KO's as possible in the first rounds as with enough KO's you get into next round even if you get KO'd.
Sometimes just 2 KO's is enough, so once you do damage to one of the contestants focus on them till they are KO'd.
In fact, you have to do 1 KO in the first round, and 2 in the rest (each) if you don't want to get eliminated after you get taken out. So sometimes, it may be worth to risk charging into a blob, if you are confident that you can make your 2nd "kill" before taken down. It's even faster to complete tournaments that way if you just let yourself KO-d after you got the sufficient amount of enemies taken down.

Make it to last round in Torbah. Spawn with a bow and arrow, opponent gets Shield and Javelin. I get on his tail, land 4 shots on the back. Just one more, and I walk home with the prize.He pulls and turns towards me, I draw my bow to deliver the final coup de grace. Aaaand then I'm 1 shotted with a javelin between the eyes.

FFFUUUUUU

Pileup rounds: move, move, MOVE. Don't get too hung up on trying to hedgehog a single guy, if you're not too sure about what's going on on your six, get the hell out of Dodge and find another victim. Get the required minimum of kills ASAP.

Solo rounds: high riding helps more than profs tbh. Get behind the opponent and stick to their weapon side. Javelins and bows both work best when aiming across the horse, so you're pretty safe if they have to turn around too far right to hit you.

TBH, I find D'Shar tournaments to be some of the easier ones - slightly more difficult than Sarleon and Marleons but still  pretty doable. And I dunno, maybe I'm weird, but I find if javelins far forgiving of low profs than bows. *shrug*

Back
Top Bottom