My theory on life on other planets

Users who are viewing this thread

Oyipggy said:
Moss said:
Oyipggy said:
Guess what nobody has done in over 2000 years? Domesticated an animal species. Oh come on, that's easy, right? No. No, it's not. I don't know how anybody did that. Nobody does, because we haven't made monkeys our slaves yet. But guess what? They did.
Done and understood, see Russian fox domestication experiments for a good example. :wink:

Oh darn. The ancient people are still winning though. They already got dogs, cats, cows, goats, pigs, horses, sheep, chickens, etc. It's probably about 20-3, because I'm sure there were others.  :grin:

Er, yes, of course we haven't done any since then. Because we don't have to. We have dogs, cats, cows, goats, pigs, horses, sheep, chickens etc. already. We don't need to domesticate more things. Therefore, we haven't. Is this difficult to comprehend?

mdk31 said:
Oyipggy said:
Moss said:
Oyipggy said:
Guess what nobody has done in over 2000 years? Domesticated an animal species. Oh come on, that's easy, right? No. No, it's not. I don't know how anybody did that. Nobody does, because we haven't made monkeys our slaves yet. But guess what? They did.
Done and understood, see Russian fox domestication experiments for a good example. :wink:

Oh darn. The ancient people are still winning though. They already got dogs, cats, cows, goats, pigs, horses, sheep, chickens, etc. It's probably about 20-3, because I'm sure there were others.  :grin:

Er, yes, of course we haven't done any since then. Because we don't have to. We have dogs, cats, cows, goats, pigs, horses, sheep, chickens etc. already. We don't need to domesticate more things. Therefore, we haven't. Is this difficult to comprehend?
Are you saying you wouldn't want a pet komodo dragon?

They had over ten thousand years at least to get all those done, we did foxes in about fifty. Infact we've got a pretty good understanding of the genetics behind it now, and in some countries with less strict laws they're working on direct manipulation rather than artificial selection, so we could be seeing domesticated versions of anything and everything showing up in the next couple of decades. Although we've done pretty decent jobs of domesticating certain non-domesticated animals, such as most pet birds, dolphins, gorrillas, etc.
The people who originally posted about the diorite seemed to think that we live in a world where swinging something at something won't make the first something chip, even if it is the "hardest" material we know.
It'd be nice if we lived in a world where I never had to replace or sharpen tools or knives though. :razz:

Moss said:
They had over ten thousand years at least to get all those done, we did foxes in about fifty.
We don't really know how long it took them.

It'd be nice if we lived in a world where I never had to replace or sharpen tools or knives though. :razz:

Well...now you CAN! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XijTui27L4U

Oyipggy said:
Moss said:
They had over ten thousand years at least to get all those done, we did foxes in about fifty.

Well...now you CAN! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XijTui27L4U

"...a design So revolutionary, it uses a CONTROL ball!!!!..."
The world is saved!
Control Balls Forever!

:lol:

Oyipggy said:
Moss said:
We know how long they had to do it though, which was about ten thousand years, or when the first stationary civilizations started appearing. :razz:

James said:
Um, the galaxy does end, the universe might end, and the expansion may possibly eventually stop. Scientists are unsure. Sorry.
I'm pretty sure it's already determined that the expansion will not end.

Lord Krashnok said:
My favorite comparison for the above said, is fish and underwater life. I know that they need the basic same things that land animals need, but still you could compare underwater animals and land animals to the same as 2 different planets. The fish can live underwater, and we can live above water. Couldn't that be the same for Earthlings and Martians? It could be any possibility.
Thread: Tl;dr
Mars is covered in ice, over which lies the "Red Sand" or dust. Thought I'd point that out. There is a high chance that there was once life on Mars. But the planet froze over... so yeah.

Archonsod said:
I find this theory sadly lacking in methodology, supporting research and proposed experimentation.

+1

Archonsod said:
Nope. We don't know. But then we can't say for sure the universe is expanding. It may well be spheroid and we're simply moving across the surface.

+1 again.

Though I do agree with the theory that the universe is constantly expanding, but will then shrink into a ball once more. Unless that's been disproved (Please say it is)?

Also:

I know this isn't part of the discussion, but don't you hate people who use "Oh we came from outer space!" as an end-all statement to our creation?

I mean, even if we use the xenobacteria theory in explaining why there is life on Earth, the question as to where life came from isn't answered, because the life from the big rock that hit us has to have come from somewhere.

@thread

Pyramids: Already explained. You can build things from the ground up. You don't have to build the whole thing then tunnel that **** out.

Also, did you know stone is softened by water? Enough water and patience, and even the copper tools of the time could carve the hard stones used in whatever construction requires them.

Runways:

Oh yay, straight lines! They're impossible because they're straight! :roll:

Animal Domestication:

Scientists have already traced the domestication of the ancient wolf into the dog over a span of 10 000 years or so. IIRC ancient proto-dogs, if you will, were already in use for hunting during the Ice Age.

I still can't believe that the tribe responsible for building those Diorite structures who lacked a written language built the stuff at Puma Punku without help. I can't argue against the Pyramid because, well I don't have anything to argue against. Your ideas make sense as long as it wasn't actually built in 22 years.

If we ever encounter life on other planets, rest assured it will be more mindblowing and -****ing than anything you've seen before. No blacks with epic foreheads.

James said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for the lulz, man.

Maybe when you provide sources next time, you could do so with some that have been academically peer-reviewed maybe? Something believable? No, just kidding, I know you can't....

Thanks for belittling me with your completely obnoxious comments. I understand that you discredit everything that isn't academically studied. However your sarcasm in a debate like this makes us think you're bereft of maturity.  :roll: A simple, "You will not be able to find anything Academically peer-reviewed" comment would have sufficed.

Anyways, what person in their right mind would actually humor the Ancient Astronaut theory? One that wants to loose his/her job. Because really there isn't enough evidence to support the theory, but there are points that can be disputed but not debunked. However if I were to go on about how the Rockefeller's are illuminists I would still have no Academically peer-reviewed sources, but for more obvious reasons.

EDIT: My point being is that its something that isn't proven or dis-proven but makes more sense than religion. Because unlike religion the little bit of evidence that cannot be debunked is actual physical evidence and not just something in a book. Unless of course you can debunk these items perfectly:

Prove that this is either Natural or some tribe decided to just build these for no apparent reason
nazca2.jpg
Explain in great detail how some tribe without a written language was able to carve the stones with such precise detail that it would take modern computers to get it right, and how these large stones were moved from miles away, and why this tribe without a written language would do something(I won't accept smart-ass remarks either)
And this Russian declassified information on an encounter in one of their lakes where they saw "FrogMen" during a military exercise and pursued them and lost 3 men. I'm skeptical myself in believing it but I haven't found anything saying that these documents are fake.

I still think that the Universe is infinite. Never created, and will never end.
It seems a lot more sensible then "its expanding".
Someone should link the place where they found out that the Milky Way galaxy has grown, cause I haven't seen it.....(pun intended) 

Highelf said:
This thread has deliver lots of hilarity. Thanks. :lol:
This. :grin: Thank you!

And this Russian declassified information on an encounter in one of their lakes where they saw "FrogMen" during a military exercise and pursued them and lost 3 men. I'm skeptical myself in believing it but I haven't found anything saying that these documents are fake.
Bwuahaha. Somebody should make a B-movie out of that!

In the end we won´t be able to find out if the universe is expanding indefinetly or not or collapsing some day. Maybe
We don´t even know if our mathematic systems function in the outer space, so **** that...but maybe in a few hundred years we will be a tiny step closer to the truth

Back
Top Bottom