My theory on life on other planets

Users who are viewing this thread

faradon said:
In the end we won´t be able to find out if the universe is expanding indefinetly or not or collapsing some day. Maybe
We don´t even know if our mathematic systems function in the outer space, so **** that...but maybe in a few hundred years we will be a tiny step closer to the truth
How does geometry suddenly stop working in space?

Ljas said:
faradon said:
In the end we won´t be able to find out if the universe is expanding indefinetly or not or collapsing some day. Maybe
We don´t even know if our mathematic systems function in the outer space, so **** that...but maybe in a few hundred years we will be a tiny step closer to the truth
How does geometry suddenly stop working in space?

Isn't geometry governed by the laws and logic and retrospect of Earth?

:lol: Sorry but I'm much more inclined to believe Ljas video then anything else. I'm skeptical to accept any views about the Universe as being true for the sole purpose that there is a good chance that what we've observed is wrong which would change the results entirely. However, I give much more credit to the Scientist in Ljas's video, as I'm not qualified to dispute what he's saying.

Pierce Elliot said:
:lol: Sorry but I'm much more inclined to believe Ljas video then anything else. I'm skeptical to accept any views about the Universe as being true for the sole purpose that there is a good chance that what we've observed is wrong which would change the results entirely. However, I give much more credit to the Scientist in Ljas's video, as I'm not qualified to dispute what he's saying.

I'm done posting in this thread, but I will leave with one statement:

Who cares how, when, what or how big we are?
Were just a little blue spec to another race of beings out there.
And they probably dont know where here.
And scientist are just guessers who keep paid with kudos for guessing.

Pierce Elliot said:
And this Russian declassified information on an encounter in one of their lakes where they saw "FrogMen" during a military exercise and pursued them and lost 3 men. I'm skeptical myself in believing it but I haven't found anything saying that these documents are fake.
Huh? Are we getting into UFO encounters now?

gamerwiz09 said:
Pierce Elliot said:
And this Russian declassified information on an encounter in one of their lakes where they saw "FrogMen" during a military exercise and pursued them and lost 3 men. I'm skeptical myself in believing it but I haven't found anything saying that these documents are fake.
Huh? Are we getting into UFO encounters now?

Very hard to believe the Russians story.
Why would aliens have Earth like qualifies of a frog, if they are from a different planet?

Ljas said:
Lord Krashnok said:
Ever wondered why people don't give a **** about your posts?

Actually, it really hasnt crossed my mind.
I could care less if people like my posts.
"Oh noz, teh gamerz dunt lyke my posts"
lol

Hey Lord, you should have already have realized that this entire topic was going to get laughed at. I for one was well aware the moment I said "ALIENS!" That I was going to be disputed, hell I even had one of my facts debunked, which I did to myself  :lol:. But yeah, this forum is unlike others in that they accept scientific fact above all. So you should have been prepared to be laughed at. However some things such as "I saw a UFO" makes people go:
Pierce Elliot said:
Fall of Denial said:
i saw em right now holy ****.

Who else has seen UFOs? i saw em as like ****ing green energy floating real fast becoming different colors then dissapears.

90px-Semaphore_Delta.svg.png
90px-Semaphore_Uniform.svg.png
90px-Semaphore_Mike.svg.png
90px-Semaphore_Bravo.svg.png
90px-Semaphore_Alpha.svg.png
90px-Semaphore_Sierra.svg.png

Pierce Elliot said:
Hey Lord, you should have already have realized that this entire topic was going to get laughed at. I for one was well aware the moment I said "ALIENS!" That I was going to be disputed, hell I even had one of my facts debunked, which I did to myself  :lol:. But yeah, this forum is unlike others in that they accept scientific fact above all. So you should have been prepared to be laughed at. However some things such as "I saw a UFO" makes people go:
Pierce Elliot said:
Fall of Denial said:
i saw em right now holy ****.

Who else has seen UFOs? i saw em as like ****ing green energy floating real fast becoming different colors then dissapears.

90px-Semaphore_Delta.svg.png
90px-Semaphore_Uniform.svg.png
90px-Semaphore_Mike.svg.png
90px-Semaphore_Bravo.svg.png
90px-Semaphore_Alpha.svg.png

Lol nice.
I knew that people laugh at threads like this,
I just like to hear peoples opinions on the matter.

I'm of the opinion that most UFO sightings are bull****. We've seen throughout history of every once in a while you hear an account that sounds like someone is trying to describe what could be a UFO but all of the sudden now-a-days everyone has seen a UFO, the kind in Los Angeles and the Alien kind. Which makes me think "Bull****". Kind of ruins the claim.

*Sigh*

No offense, I'm not into this crop circle, pyramids, we have been visited and anally probed by aliens bull****.

But I don't doubt that there are is life on other planets.  Even though it might actually be more likely to occur in other planets' moons.  There may even be life within our solar system.  Scientists postulate that Europa a moon of Jupiter probably has a ocean underneath its ice  and life may exist near it underwater vents.  It may not be in the form of intelligent life, but there could be microbial life or even fish.  Saturn's moon titan could have methane-based life.  So carbon may not be essential to create life.  Life can also exist in very extreme conditions- this type of life is called extremophiles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa_%28moon%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_%28moon%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extremophiles

Pierce Elliot said:
I'm of the opinion that most UFO sightings are bull****. We've seen throughout history of every once in a while you hear an account that sounds like someone is trying to describe what could be a UFO but all of the sudden now-a-days everyone has seen a UFO, the kind in Los Angeles and the Alien kind. Which makes me think "Bull****". Kind of ruins the claim.

I think the most reliable claims are ones from the UK.

They have the most reports that seem authentic.
And the NASA hacker was from there  :wink: hah

I just have to think of things like this. If we were a multi-planet Civilization and all of the sudden we went to war with another similar civilization, we would need supply depots. Which is honestly what I think happened on earth at one point in time. Considering that Stephen Hawkings says (assuming he has any credibility) that our planet has an abundant amount of resources such as gold, uranium, iron, and other more rare materials in the galatic scheme of things. So out planet would be good for that. However like the many islands in the pacific and other oceans that were used as supply bases in WWII. After the technologically advanced people left a good bit of those places began to worship our own airplanes and such as gods. Because in this "Supply" thing we gave them food and had them work for us.

So thats how I view it, and I try to look for supporting Evidence that this is true. As it cannot be disproven or proven, that some of our "Gods" are actual aliens.

Lord Krashnok said:
Scientists come up with ideas. They are paid to try and prove their ideas, also known as theories. If they can prove their theory, or find a way in which it would be universally applicable, then it is accepted by the general scientific community until someone else comes along and proves that theory wrong. It is a process of trial and error, also called experimentation.

Pierce Elliot said:
I still can't believe that the tribe responsible for building those Diorite structures who lacked a written language built the stuff at Puma Punku without help.

What does written languages have anything to do with architecture? The Norwegian raiders for well over many centuries were without a written language, most of their history was recorded in an oral fashion.
It's quite easy for us to imagine that if they wanted to build a monument, it'd be quite easy to them to do so.

Pierce Elliot said:
Prove that this is either Natural or some tribe decided to just build these for no apparent reason
nazca2.jpg
Explain in great detail how some tribe without a written language was able to carve the stones with such precise detail that it would take modern computers to get it right, and how these large stones were moved from miles away, and why this tribe without a written language would do something(I won't accept smart-ass remarks either)

So it's now quite clear that you haven't read any of this thread. Why are you assuming ancient people were barbarians that spoke in grunts and walked around beating things with clubs and fists? They were still people, which means they could think, make tools, and carve things. I'm no genius, but a straight line looks the same no matter what decade it is. Which brings up another thing. We might see that as a landing strip. To them, it could have been a field for some sport. A simple frame of reference.

How could anyone have built an airstrip when planes didn't exist yet? "BECAUSE ALIENS BROUGHT THEM!!!!" Oh? Exactly where in the aliens grand scheme was it planned for humans to (apparently) rediscover flight in almost the exact same manner it was back in alien times? Bull.

Ati said:
*Sigh*

No offense, I'm not into this crop circle, pyramids, we have been visited and anally probed by aliens bull****.

But I don't doubt that there are is life on other planets.  Even though it might actually be more likely to occur in other planets' moons.  There may even be life within our solar system.  Scientists postulate that Europa a moon of Jupiter probably has a ocean underneath its ice  and life may exist near it underwater vents.  It may not be in the form of intelligent life, but there could be microbial life or even fish.  Saturn's moon titan could have methane-based life.  So carbon may not be essential to create life.  Life can also exist in very extreme conditions- this type of life is called extremophiles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa_%28moon%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_%28moon%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extremophiles

I don't think many people are saying there is no other life, just that the Earth has never encountered extraterrestrial intelligence. At least, that's what I gathered and that's what I've been saying. I believe out there, other things live, considering how abundant organic molecules are in the universe
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/060808_st_life_molecules.html

However, we've never, and we probably shall never, observe them.

Besides the fact that there's lightyears between us and any other place capable of sustaining life, unless either us or them came to the others' planet, we'd have to communicate somehow. The only major project on it I know of is SETI. SETI only can broadcast and receive signals to and from a small section of space and furthermore, it only works by radio, so SETI can only communicate with other civilizations that communicate by radio (though it's probable that all intelligent species will have to invent radio for long distance/wireless communication) , and it would take many years, hundreds even, depending on how far away they are for our signal to reach them. THEN, these guys would have to receive the signal, understand that it's from another planet, find out where we are, transmit back to us, taking just as long to get to us as it did them. For contact to be really *established* we'd probably have to respond, acknowledging our receipt of the signal. That's three trips. Consider a scenario where the aliens are 50ly away, not far in astronomical terms, the ordeal would take 150 years. Even now we'd have to assume that either they ran across the signal by chance and ran with it, or had their own version of SETI, and that SETI itself does not disband in the coming centuries. Sadly, intelligent life is (obviously) isolated from each other in space, but worse, time. Granted, if SETI identifies an unnatural radio pattern which is most likely from a civilization, one leg of the trip can effectively be nixed.

Then extrapolate a bit, consider the advances in quantum computers and producing entangled particles in recent years.

http://www.dailytech.com/China+Teleports+Photons+10+Miles+Surpasses+USEuropean+Record/article18551.htm (though I'm always suspicious of China's academic integrity, so I'll post an earlier experiment from Germany)
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v430/n7002/full/430849a.html

We can teleport information already. Not well, and not much, but we're improving. Eventually, hopefully before the 22nd century, we'll be able to teleport all of our information, and probably cheaply. Guess what? Quantum entangled communcation is untappable, so aliens searching for life in outer space can't see us anymore, unless we maintain archaic radio equipment just to find them. Or we'll die in a nuclear holocaust. Either way, no one will detect us ever again. So there's only a small window in time where we are even capable of being seen. This thought saddens me every time it occurs to me.

Lord Krashnok said:
Also another reasoning to my theory is, what sets the standards for Terran life (earth life) is not gonna be the same standards on any other planet. Scientist say that out of all the planets we can see, none of them can have life. The reason they don't believe they can have life is because they are comparing that planets life supporting abilities off of the Earth. On the Earth, in order for life to sustain we must have oxygen, food, water, ect. So why would that be the same on any other planet? On Mars, maybe the organisms there can survive off of the dust, or the lack of Co2.

It is entirely possible that yes there is life on those gas giants but in a form we could never talk to like some sort of sentient gas or they live in their planets core and cannot leave because they would immediately freeze. So looking for planets which contain human-like organisms is most logical

Back
Top Bottom