Multiplayer Is Hurt Immensely By a Lack of Medium Infantry. (With Charts)

Users who are viewing this thread

It needs a speed boost. Having 76 speed gives it the weakness of heavy infantry without any of its strengths. It is presently slower than every heavy infantry while also having 30 less armor.
Have to agree. I hate that spearman class -haha! Still a middle option would be nice; every faction has plenty more SP options to draw from so it does feel a shame it hasn't been taken advantage of more.

With more speed and some flexibility with its weapons yes, +4 movement and giving them a sword by default so they can move fast with a decent shield, one handed and throwing spears would make them a versatile, cheap pick for infantry players.

see I like that the spearman doesn’t have melee AND throwing weapons. I think it balances the class quite well for its price.

Have to agree. I hate that spearman class -haha! Still a middle option would be nice; every faction has plenty more SP options to draw from so it does feel a shame it hasn't been taken advantage of more.

Lets play a game of find the Khuzait Spearman on a chart that compares infantry speed to infantry armor. Just kidding you don't get to play. I already found it. It was easy. Just look for the saddest outlier you can and its the Khuzait Spearman.

Speed
⬇​
7tbtb91.png
Armor ➡​

Last edited:
It's as if giving players the possibility to pick armor and the corresponding weight would give them so much more possibilities.

The perk system is making problems were there were not problems.

It's as if giving players the possibility to pick armor and the corresponding weight would give them so much more possibilities.

The perk system is making problems were there were not problems.
i have a strong feeling the next MP batch will be moving to a hybrid warband/class system. Where there are more perks to pick from and they have gold weights attached to them. - But we will see.

Fantastic - that has been a massive pain... that alone will help the game greatly
Ye, honestly I am quite surprised to find the same bug as warband in bannerlord since it's a new engine. Actually, it's even easier to replicate this bug in Bannerlord, which is quite problematic.

Fantastic - that has been a massive pain... that alone will help the game greatly

You can have fun with the worst faction unit in MP, for hours, every day but if stability of the server can't be reached, it affects everyone and people stops playing quickly.

Read it, thanks.
We were already discussing similar possibilities.
But do any of the possibilities have a chance of being implemented? This isnt a "well it sure would be neat" type of thing. The game is in critical condition, mainly because every infantry class is terrible and making the classes which already exist better wont actually fix them when they are conceptually not what infantry players want.

I wish I had a better understanding of the speed buffs and nerfs that are coming and how they are going to work.

Fietta seems to think it’s tied to acceleration and not necessarily the straight line speed.

ARVC has said heavy infantry are going to have a harder time catching archers. This certainly implies that it’s straight line speed.

Either way. The Khuzait infantry is way too slow. They should not be slower than infantry who have 30 more armor.

Back
Top Bottom