Multiplayer Is Hurt Immensely By a Lack of Medium Infantry. (With Charts)

Users who are viewing this thread

It'd be pretty hard to squeeze in additional mediums in the game right now. Battania's Medium Infantry is also the team's skirmisher, while Khuzait's infantry balancing is in a very delicate position.

Empire: I guess the best option would be to have the Menavlion Infantry be let go, though it might make the Legionary feel redundant. Menavlions seem to be a huge part of the Empire's identity and removing that would just leave you with a more infantry-focused Vlandia.
Aserai: Unsure where a medium infantry can fit with them, since skirmishers/shocks/peasants are typically light infantry troops. I guess the closest thing to giving Aserai a medium infantry would be to buff the Heavy Mace perk, since it kinda feels a bit worse than the light archer's default mace.
Sturgia: Brigand can easily be replaced IMO. Berserker already has the downside of "Ragequit if you die as this unit" and Hunter with the shield perk is already a better melee fighter than the Brigand. Throwing axes could also be moved to a theoretical Sturgian medium infantry as a spear replacement, though the problem there is that my suggestion might actually make Sturgia good, and we can't have that.
Vlandia: Considering that they're already the best faction in the game right now, I don't think they even need a medium infantry.

It'd be pretty hard to squeeze in additional mediums in the game right now. Battania's Medium Infantry is also the team's skirmisher, while Khuzait's infantry balancing is in a very delicate position.

Empire: I guess the best option would be to have the Menavlion Infantry be let go, though it might make the Legionary feel redundant. Menavlions seem to be a huge part of the Empire's identity and removing that would just leave you with a more infantry-focused Vlandia.
Aserai: Unsure where a medium infantry can fit with them, since skirmishers/shocks/peasants are typically light infantry troops. I guess the closest thing to giving Aserai a medium infantry would be to buff the Heavy Mace perk, since it kinda feels a bit worse than the light archer's default mace.
Sturgia: Brigand can easily be replaced IMO. Berserker already has the downside of "Ragequit if you die as this unit" and Hunter with the shield perk is already a better melee fighter than the Brigand. Throwing axes could also be moved to a theoretical Sturgian medium infantry as a spear replacement, though the problem there is that my suggestion might actually make Sturgia good, and we can't have that.
Vlandia: Considering that they're already the best faction in the game right now, I don't think they even need a medium infantry.
Or you could just copy and paste the warband class system which is a hundred fold improvement over anything bannerlord's could achieve, no matter how polished or balanced. The genius minds of failworlds digging in their heels over what is a ridiculously stupendous downgrade from their decade old game is right there among the likes of the appeasement policy on the list of mankind's greatest failures.

Or you could just copy and paste the warband class system which is a hundred fold improvement over anything bannerlord's could achieve, no matter how polished or balanced. The genius minds of failworlds digging in their heels over what is a ridiculously stupendous downgrade from their decade old game is right there among the likes of the appeasement policy on the list of mankind's greatest failures.
Well said, quite accurate too. Although we know this is not going to happen because: TW

Agreed:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom