Multiplayer Is Hurt Immensely By a Lack of Medium Infantry. (With Charts)

Users who are viewing this thread

I wish I had a better understanding of the speed buffs and nerfs that are coming and how they are going to work.

Fietta seems to think it’s tied to acceleration and not necessarily the straight line speed.

ARVC has said heavy infantry are going to have a harder time catching archers. This certainly implies that it’s straight line speed.

Either way. The Khuzait infantry is way too slow. They should not be slower than infantry who have 30 more armor.

Well acceleration on the basis of initial movement, that acceleration goes from 0 to 'straight line speed' very quickly, acting as a slingshot and since their maximum speed is slower than an archers, regardless of the acceleration, that acceleration would only increase to the point of the troops maximum speed. It seems reasonable as cavalry had the same issue, even though sliding was a mechanic it was exacerbated from deceleration, making the cav slide wildly when attempting to come to a halt or turning. On infantry, it would explain the floaty movement, because you're pretty much acting as a slingshot from the immense acceleration and deceleration curve.

It seems clear to me that animations were created with certain acceleration curves or maximum speed, which explains why you're 'sliding', where the animation ends before you character stops moving, because if the acceleration curve is exponential and you suddenly decelerate, you'll slide. If you've ever been on an ice rink and attempted to slow down after you got that initial speed, you'll pretty much cover the same distance you covered from the acceleration in deceleration. In warband it seemed it was 'straight line speed', where the lack of acceleration means there's no deceleration, so you're moving on the basis of a constant variable, so when you want to stop, you'll stop, whilst in bannerlord, when you want to stop, you'll slow down and then stop.

From what I know there's two different movement speeds, both for in combat and out of combat, so obviously there would be two different maximum speeds and acceleration/deceleration curves (if what I'm saying is true but it's just a theory)

I'm not at all saying this is how it works or that I'm a physicist, but it explains a lot if this is the case.

Last edited:
This is a much needed adjustment and I’m very happy they’re tuning the foot movement. It would be almost groundbreaking if it were as well done as the cavalry movement. You can almost feel how it’s almost but not quite there yet.

Missile attacks are too strong. prove me wrong with your charts.

Why doesn't armor have a chance to stop an arrow? Heavy infantry is outclassed by archers and thats a joke.
archers are like riflemen in this game and throwing weapons are way over used and op. that's why we have a community of like 50 people in MP instead of 500. There were some serious errors made in this game that haven't been corrected as of yet.

Im putting together some more data that will hopefully paint a much more comprehensive picture of how much infantry has been struggling. It will probably take a little bit of time so stay tuned. Luckily because I have Covid I am locked in my room for the next 8 days lol.

Im putting together some more data that will hopefully paint a much more comprehensive picture of how much infantry has been struggling. It will probably take a little bit of time so stay tuned. Luckily because I have Covid I am locked in my room for the next 8 days lol.
You know people like pacemaker will say "oH inF iS fINe tHEy DoNt NeED tO bE BuFfED" because I'm pretty sure all he does is kick jav and kick slash

I am serious. It’s unrealistic to not be able to do it. I saw that it was possible on the History channel at 1am. They said that Aztecs invented it after the sack of Constantinople because of an alien prophecy.
I mean knowing TW we might get alien faction soon won't be surprised

OP is very good researched and founded. If medium inf is introduced, it should be on par with the light archer at least I guess in strength, while H-Inf should still be on par with H-Archers.

Having nuanced factions with different strengths can work alongside that just fine. It would be even fine to say Khuzait gets no H-Inf since it has access to the horse archer, same goes for Aserai if their superior H-Cav, the Camel and their strong archers are taken into account. However, the light inf they can field should have a decent shot at actually doing something. The way the Khuzait 120 Inf is designed atm, you can actually do stuff and it's fine the way it is designed. But with the Battania Wildling it's the only medium Infantry actually existing.

Infantry needs access to good shields to cover themselves from archery fire or it will just not be picked/played since it can be mowed down. One can argue that an archer has no need for a comparable "body shield" and the implementation for that is actually fine the way it is atm, with Empire also being fine since you have the Legionary which is a strong infantry (compared to the other infantry classes) and the Empire Archer also being well armored.

Agree with OP, would also make melee a bit faster and more satisfying since it wouldn't take 20 sword blows to kill someone. Armour in general should be a rarity on the battlefield, it's extremely influential in a fight.

My only concern is that medium infantry would be a 99% best pick over the other options most of the time, assuming proper economic and power balancing, in which case why have the other options at all (especially the two light options). But I guess it's not awful to have it there for flavour.

The whole point is that we cant adapt our playstyle, this is what is massively criticized about the class system. The system limits us to play whatever the developpers deemed appropriate, which turns the game into a Rock paper scissor style. Sometimes you know what you need to face a particular set of players, but your factions cannot provide you what is required, and that is bad design. When you fight skirmish spammers, you can die from stupid OP throwing weapons anytimes, and some factions force you to go HEAVY inf since its your only choice, with only 2 respawns. 1 OP jav in the face and you lost half your presence already. Medium Inf with shield big enough to block OP projectiles, + having 3 lifes feels mandatory to me sometimes.

Small point but I quite like the recruit class. Sometimes all I want is the option to have a sword and very light armor with maximum speed. The slings are super dope. A shield is extra gravy. I hope every faction gets a class like the sturgian warrior (except with slings) or the khuzait rabble. Some of us might like the no-frills standard model.

Aserai skirmishers are legitimately stupid I hope they get deleted. I swear whoever designed the classes must have a hatred for good sensibility and organization. I hope they stub their toes twice today.

You know people like pacemaker will say "oH inF iS fINe tHEy DoNt NeED tO bE BuFfED" because I'm pretty sure all he does is kick jav and kick slash
Pacemaker is one of the best at melee in the game, especially on the duel server which has no javelins.

Back
Top Bottom