Moving the D&S? IMPORTANT!

Should we move the Duck & Spackle and where?

• No, the D&S is right where it belongs, let it die peacefully here.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Move it to the Guildhall, expect a lot of new inexperienced recruits.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Move it to the Anachronist Guild, be prepared for a wave of new ways of RP-ing, adapt.

Votes: 41 80.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi there seasoned and eager roleplayer,

Lately the D&S has not been what she used to be, our lovely tavern is losing her regular customers and if it lasts much longer, we'll go broke.
The idea arose that the D&S is simply in the wrong place, it dates back to a time when Mount&Blade was the only reason for visiting these forums and the tavern flourished.
But that time has passed years ago and we're afraid potential customers of the tavern might not find it because they don't expect it in the M&B section of the forum.

Because of this, some roleplayers are considering to move the D&S to either the Guildhall or to the Anachronist Guild. I prefer the latter.
Each one of these options have advantages and disadvantages.
I summed a few of them up for you:

Keeping the D&S where it is:
Things will remain the same, our experienced writers and roleplayers will keep making threads like we're used to, that die after a few pages, more of them will leave eventually. If we change nothing, nothing will change and we'll have to face the truth that the D&S will fade away just like its neighbours; The Apprentice Guild and The Library.

Moving it to the Guildhall:
If we want to keep the games like they are, we should move it here. The Guildhall will be full of newcomers and inexperienced people. [Noobs if I quote Rallix :razz:]
They will adapt to our way of playing and continue it, but at the cost of our beloved quality, naturally. This is why I do not support this option, we cannot trade quality for quantity in the D&S, I think that is one of our unwritten rules.

Moving it to the Anachronist Guild:
This is, in my opinion, the best option. The Anachronist is full of experienced, clever and "mature" people. They would be a great addition to the D&S,but there is of course also a disadvantage.
We will have to be open for changes, moving it to the Anachronist with many experienced forumnites will also mean a whole new arsenal of roleplaying games, the kind of which we're not used to see here. It means we will also have to adapt if we want the D&S and its quality to survive.
For me, the Anachronist is the best option, but it's also the option that will cost the most effort from our side.

If it needs to be transfered, I vote Anachronist Guild.  The "TEO's RANGERS" thread their evolved into a RP, and has been doing well since it started 9 months ago.  Might be a helpful to the RP group.

As one of the saner members of the AG (honest), I can honestly say that I don't think moving to the AG would detract too much from your current community, except by making it a bit more active and vibrant. Trolls We don't have trolls in AG, and spammers tend to stay away from RP and such unless they're genuinely interested in joining.

As I was saying to Eino earlier, if you can convince Janus to move your whole board to Off-Topic, or make it a child-board of Fun Stuff, it would preserve everything you currently have, and allow new people to have a look in and decide if it's for them.

I would be in favor of having this be moved to a sub-forum of Off-Topic or even becoming a child board of fun stuff

Sushiman said:
Before you do that, have you PM'ed Llew to ask/talk about this?

Why would he need to pm Llew?

He has not really been active around here for the last years...

Regarding the discussion at hand I am all for moving this subsection of the forums to another part of the forums.

Don't move it to O/T!!! At least put it in A/G.  I know I'm not around as much, but I don't have the time to free write like I used to.

Back
Top Bottom