SP - World Map Movement, Travel and Options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hail!
One thing that would be nice to see, is the addition of Roads, or even better, travel paths that can be turned into real roads by those in power.
They could have a cost to be kept, and give an boost to travel speed.
Maybe, when you click on a road, or on some specific node on a road, you could select an "Follow Road" and your party will go thorugh it.
This could give Scouts a more variable perks and interesting perks, giving then really good buffs for going outside those paths, and helping on the overall utility of the Skill.
Maybe, you could use this "Road Map System" to pathout what cities an caravan you make will be going, so it won't go into an dangerous route, or into the heart of an enemy kingdom territory because they've heard that they can sell fur for a higher price there. Caravans need options!

Just some ideas

Second, boats and ports.
We have a lot of port cities. Would be possible to add the possibility to by passage by boat, to travel into another port city?
I know it's too early to think about boat and naval warfare, but traveling could be useful.

Lastly, "Unpassable Terrain, Passable"
Mountains, could have cavern systems that act as "Rabbit Holes" where your party will face some situations while downthere, and everything is resolved by text.
Or there could be unities, like, "MountainHiker" or something like that, that will allow for an small party to traversethrough mountains, but not enourmous armies.
This could give some good strategies for skirmishing parties.
Build a small, but really high level unities parties, and use the mountains to go back enemy lines and skirmish their villages, cut their food supplies.
And let the AI have some too.
I know, it' difficult and probablly will cause an unimaginable chaos on the coding side. Specially the pathfinding and localization for the sheer amount of AIs the game must handle.
But, you folks have been doing great!
Just again, another wave of ideas that just i've been thinking recently like, "How funwould it be to be able to run from that massive army by screaming "RUN TO THE HILLS! RUN FOR YOUR LIFES!"

Also, this could even open the possibility of Mountain Man hideouts beeing.. well, in the middle of mountains!

Sorry for any bad grammar, just, english isn't my native.

Just saw this post, totally agree! I would love roads and perhaps even borders.
To be able to use strategy on the worldmap in intercepting/ambushing armies and caravans would add so much.
Also, owning castles with actual landborders to defend/patroll in could provide some interesting managment options for lords/kings

Hoping these kind of features will at some point be possible either trough the game or mods!

Back
Top Bottom