Movement speed

Users who are viewing this thread

[e1.3.1]

The combat parameter for being in combat have far too much range. 0.7-0.9 is just unplayable, it enforces unfun outranging gameplay, where one side can only play defensive and hug their shield, which isnt fun.

Issues that arise from that:

• Inconsistent gameplay
  • Some units win by default without being the better player
  • Kicking can be abused by faster units
  • Its easy to backstab which is the only way to kill someone at the moment
  • some units perform way worse
  • some light units are far too slow (tribal warrior) making them impossible to play (this issue is more about the base ms though)
  • tendencies to go for outranges, which forces one player to play super passive
  • w key can be slower than some classes s key, which is really frustrating

It creates more unfun gameplay than it creates variety. Im not asking to remove the variety completly.
The biggest issue is the legionary sitting at 0.7 move him up to 0.73 and then compare its performance in skirmish. (and yes it doesnt have enough acceleration to make up for it)
Another culprit is the oathsworn sitting at 0.9 he should be moved down to 0.87 aswell, its just frustrating to play against him with slower units.
I would recommend moving the varyag to 0.81 aswell, which will take some steam out of the sergeant and make them more distinct.

Last edited:
I'm curious, do you know when does the in combat modifier kick in? Blocking and attacking? Or simply enemy nearby?
im only talking about my experience, i didnt actually test it but i think when blocking (holding block) and attacking (holding attack, casting one or feinting)

would recommend you to test it on legionary since its the unit most affected.

maybe this example shows it somewhat, but its kinda hard to show you need to feel it yourself

We did some movement speed changes previous patch, some more changes will be tested related mostly to Heavy Inf.

We did some movement speed changes previous patch, some more changes will be tested related mostly to Heavy Inf.
which changes? Please dont make heavy infantry super slow its just has too much impact on gameplay. For example catching up with archers, being able to counterplay shock infantry, they shouldnt be allowed just to hit for free. Those stats need a real delicate touch aswell.

p.s we are not getting all the changes in the patchnotes, they are split up all over the place aswell so its kinda hard to keep up, or track them for callum in the first place. For example the Raider (sturgian light cav) multiplier 0.25->0.36 wasnt in the patchnotes. (at least i didnt find them)

p.s we are not getting all the changes in the patchnotes, they are split up all over the place aswell so its kinda hard to keep up, or track them for callum in the first place. For example the Raider (sturgian light cav) multiplier 0.25->0.36 wasnt in the patchnotes. (at least i didnt find them)
That was a last minute addition, maybe the old patchnotes got passed down accidentally. That shouldn't happen again, I compile the balance changes, and I will double check (y)

Back
Top Bottom