Mount&Blade Warband version 1.158 patch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RoBo_CoP said:
Letting someone else pick it up and reload it fixes it aswell.

Le Roux said:
Noob sota.

Last time I tried that, I was still stuck not able to shoot. It might have changed with the patch (doubt it) but I'm not a noob that gets his xbow broken :razz:

Excuse me, but I noticed that allied lords no longer recruit the troops I release or the freed prisoners after a battle anymore. Is this a bug or a feature? And can we change it anyway?

Btw the Talesworld website only has the 1.152 patch. Might be good to update it for non-forum checking payers.

Hello, i can't download the patch from that url. when i try its soo slow :sad: is there have an alternative url?

Vaegir inf too weak.
Swadian Inf too stronk.
Sardine inf don't suck too bad anymore.

Vaegirs:
Seriously. I know Vaegirs were considered strong before, but it doesn't need to be like this.

Vaegir Archers have 7 powerdraw. They also have NO powerstrike. This means they have unnecessary power with bows, while glancing in melee on anything wearing 35+ armour.
I would be much happier with 6 PD(which is still more than other faction's archers), and 1 PS.
Also, allow Vaegir archers to buy scimitars, just at a higher price like the infantry.

Vaegir inf's shields should not be so expensive. Their best shield not only sucks, but they have terrible shield skill already. The Heavy Kite is as expensive as a Heavy Board Shield? Ludicrous. If nothing else, increase their shield skill to 3.

The new price of the Lamellar Vest was not asked for by anyone.
The increase in price of the scimitars is justified, but should not have been combined with these other changes.

Keep the scimitar prices, increase the damage of the 1h maces by 1-2 points, and make the shields and lamellar cost as much as before.

I'll also go ahead and ask for the ashwood pike to be made a 1h spear. Nobody uses it as it is, and it would not be OP if made one-handed. The reason this relates to Vaegirs? In SP their Guards have this weapon. Give it to the Vaegir Spearman in MP, increase its price to 300, and take away the very Swadian Awlpike.

Vaegir cav are fine.

Swadia:
Their infantry were fine before, but now things have gotten a bit crazy in the armour department.
I love the decreased price of the swords, cause they sucked, and the cheaper darts are nice, because they sucked too.
The cheaper brigandine is a bit too much though, letting Swadia Armour up too quickly. Put it around 1600+ or so.

The only changes to Swadian Cav that I suggest, is to take away the ghost-reach of the Great Lance. It's longer than the model, fix it.
As well, increase the price of warhorses to about 1400, as this is something many people feel is necessary to curb the nigh-unstoppable momentum which Swadia gains in matches.
Give them 100 thrown, and 50 crossbow proficiency.

For Swadian Crossbowmen, I'd say nobody has any complaints.

Sardinids: Give their archers another point or two of athletics, and maybe 10 more archery prof.

I think that the vaegirs are very awkward now if you want to sort out decent equipment. Dropping shields for archers is basically a requirement in matches and you end up using the inferior maces if you try to do that with any simple drops. People don't seem to like the falchion either since its main advantages have little use for the majority of fights in battle (that being that it is heavier and good for stunning other 1H's). Getting scimitars has required complex swaps which while doable are more complex than they need to be to get what is actually only a relatively standard weapon.

Vaegirs were the 2nd weakest at infantry in my opinion before and now they have dropped down to weakest by quite a long way.

Swadian prices in general are good and an improvement, however the brigandine is far too cheap, you can get this in the 2nd round if you don't even have a kill with certain swaps.

The archer speed nerf has had practically no effect on archers running away, instead it just makes it more difficult to fight in melee as an archer since the nerf has effected acceleration more than top speed. I don't think that is particularly bad by itself but there is a problem for vaegir and sarranid archers as they are now sluggish with 0 powerstrike as well. Would recommend giving a couple of points of powerstrike to these archers if they are to have no athletics.

Sarranid archers also still have no redeeming characteristics over vaegirs, they're just slow, weak and do less damage overall. Nords at least have decent weapons and melee stats. In my own little balance mod i was working on a while ago, I gave them larger quivers allowing them to make up in quantity the lack of quality of their shots, its just an idea but I think sarranids need something else. Also one thing sarranid archers used to be better at was actually athletics, but that is no longer the case. 

Swadian cavalry still have zero throwing, xbow, archer skill despite being able to buy throwing weapons and easily get dropped xbows. I can't think this was a deliberate design decision since if they were to have no skill in it then why give the weapons?

Khergits are difficult to tell since I still haven't played with them much. They seem better balanced but no idea really.

Overall:

Swadia - Fine, just needs brigandine price increasing (also ranged stats for cav)

Vaegirs - Give archers power strike, also reduce scimi prices for infantry.

Nords - Fine (would still like a weak and cheap armour for cav that could be bought along with a courser and a lance though)

Rhodoks - Fine

Sarranids - Archers need more power strike and also some sort of enhancement, cav could also use some improvements which fits into their style.

This is a very simple question, so simple I'm afraid you may chuckle (I'm just not technical, but bought this game after seeing stuff online about it)

I am a fresh version 1.1 user, do I need to install every update or just the most recent 1.158?  Thanks!

Thanielson said:
I am a fresh version 1.1 user, do I need to install every update or just the most recent 1.158?  Thanks!
As the name of the file says, you can update any version since 1.100 (basically any released Warband installer available) to 1.158 with the latest patch download - there is no need to apply all of them in sequence.

Arthasan said:
My suggestion to balance Sarranids is to give them a stunning weapon - spear or something :smile:

They already have the spear, bamboo spear can also stun as well depending on shield/weapon weight.

I think sarranid cav could do with some better melee capability myself, if you're going to have weak horses that die and dismount you in a light breeze you might as well be able to afford a decent 1H/shield and not have awful athletics.

Lord Rich said:
I think sarranid cav could do with some better melee capability myself, if you're going to have weak horses that die and dismount you in a light breeze you might as well be able to afford a decent 1H/shield and not have awful athletics.

I couldn't agree more with Azan, Paper sword+ turtel athletics is very bad. It's really hard to play against good infs with such stats and weapons.

Exept for this and the vaegirs archers (need the scimi back!), I am quite happy with the patch. Swadian are more viable (a bit OP because of their armors but it's ok) and the courser is back on BG and during the matches!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom