Mount&Blade Warband version 1.157 patch released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wheneverwhatever said:
Khergit sabres would fit in the Vaegir theme and would be good for archers. Falchion is just unnecessary

+1

Would fit into singleplayer theme (of veagirs) aswell.

(plus I feel like a filthy looter with the falchion :sad: )

I don't really want to play this update but I had no idea it was coming so steam's already updated it for me, is there anyway to backdate?

http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1157.exe  <-- This is the download link for the latest patch.

If you want to downgrade it to a lower patch all you need to do is change the last few numbers to a (existing) patch. For example:

http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1143.exe

Keller said:
We can't trade shield for scimi in matches anymore :neutral:

I was about to say you can still do falchion shield but then I realized how dumb that would be and also
that the falchion isnt even for free (Oo).

Heathen Heart said:
2013-07-24_00001.jpg

The profile selection is a bit messed up, but the profiles aren't deleted at least.
I hope the servers are going to change their running version soon, because I can't play Multiplayer right now :S

Edit: I just found the Wolfpack_Patch_Test Server, which seems to be the only one running the latest version. However, if I want to join it, it just says "Loading" and my game freezes. Then I have to close it with the task manager :<
This.

Vaegir archers were definitely not the weakest at melee in the previous version. They outclassed swadians easily and arguably rhodoks too and were on par with sarranid rangers. The only ranger which was better at melee than the vaegirs was the nords due to the access to super cheap heavy armour and axes.

The vaegirs did need a nerf, however I would have preferred to see it aimed at their cav which was the best in the game before (still pretty good now) rather than their infantry which was already mid-low tier and their archers which are their characteristic strength.

-----------------------

Can vaegir archers still ride coursers?

-----------------------

Dr4g0nkn1ght said:

I agree archers kiting is op. Its fine in bot invasion mods but not in competetive multiplayer.

If you are losing because of kiting, look at your strats. There are plenty of ways of dealing with it already. These changes also won't help you much at all in regards to that and neither would the complete reduction of athletics to 1 since the effect on top speed is actually quite small. Athletics reductions main effect is in acceleration of your character which has more to do with melee combat than straight line speed.

Also, I recieve dozens of script errors when trying to click exit on the Wolfpack new patch server. I have to alt f4 to get off the server.

So far not going so well, I am considering going back to the old patch.

To everyone having problems:

They're most likely caused due to a conflict with a previous modification to Native you made in your Steam files.

Go to the "Properties" of the game in Steam, then Local Game Files and "Very Integrite of Game Cache". This will clean up any differences in the files. It's not really anyone's fault but we're looking at a way to get Steam to overwrite module files properly for any future patches.

Lord Rich said:
Vaegir archers were definitely not the weakest at melee in the previous version. They outclassed swadians easily and arguably rhodoks too and were on par with sarranid rangers. The only ranger which was better at melee than the vaegirs was the nords due to the access to super cheap heavy armour and axes.

The vaegirs did need a nerf, however I would have preferred to see it aimed at their cav which was the best in the game before (still pretty good now) rather than their infantry which was already mid-low tier and their archers which are their characteristic strength.

-----------------------

Can vaegir archers still ride coursers?

-----------------------

Dr4g0nkn1ght said:

I agree archers kiting is op. Its fine in bot invasion mods but not in competetive multiplayer.

If you are losing because of kiting, look at your strats. There are plenty of ways of dealing with it already. These changes also won't help you much at all in regards to that and neither would the complete reduction of athletics to 1 since the effect on top speed is actually quite small. Athletics reductions main effect is in acceleration of your character which has more to do with melee combat than straight line speed.

What I was talking about is the fact that both veagir and sarranid archers have 0(!) power strike and low weapon skills.  And yes athletics allow you to run faster. Of course there is tactics against it because cav is simply always faster BUT archers running away when all your cav is down is especially at open maps is op. Main point I was talking about is the falchion tho which is simply a bad weapon (especially when used by archers with their bad stats).

EDIT:And I never said I lost any match because of kiting I just think its a waste of time to catch dem archers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom