Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love having stories with companions, it doesn't prevent inventing my own, it actually improve the experience since you can also chose to follow a trail lead by someone else. I love M&B, and the only thing missing from what they showed us is, imo, companion stories

I do hope that companions will have more personality/substance than before. Not too specific though so we can have endless generic companions in case some die, lords recruit them or if aging is in some get too old. Wouldn't mind a few special companions too though.

Remember when hunting at a lords castle during feasts was going to be a thing?

ragnarlothbrok89 said:
Why don't major developers think abount a Bannerlord like game ? There are thousands of people who want a game like this.....I really don't understand...

Too much work when they can reskin a COD or Assassins Creed and sell it for 60$ a pop.

ragnarlothbrok89 said:
Why don't major developers think abount a Bannerlord like game ? There are thousands of people who want a game like this.....I really don't understand...

Sandbox, Strategy, RPG, Real Time Battle Simulator and Combat Simulator are a set of genres with a relatively small core playerbase, but which require a lot more work than a linear game. Combining all of them is like monetary suicide in the eyes of a publisher.

ragnarlothbrok89 said:

there have been several attempts at some aspects of WB. For Honor and War of the Vikings. They all fail, more or less, typically because they need a high amount of graphic fidelity and easy player adoption (they don't want the depth WB has because muh mass market).

ragnarlothbrok89 said:

thousands? That would not bring enough money to pay for the development, without even talking about profits  :mrgreen:

you better start working on your numbers

Example: 70 devs, 3 years of work, 100k each, that would make U$ 21 mil. Add PR for a major dev (AAA) and double that.

Now try to make 40-50 mil selling games at 50 bucks (before taxes, store %, and all that)

spurklez said:
you kinda missed a word from armagan yavuz that turns the table (its a little bit hard to hear cuz armagan says it right after the journalist guy, while the mic was not close to him)

journalist: I hope it stops at 6 years.
armagan yavuz: yes, I HOPE it wont be 7 years (chuckle)

Nope. Turkish version of the conversation;

Journalist : "Umarız 6 yılda kalır" (We hope it stays at 6 years)
Armağan Yavuz : "7 yıl olmaz, evet" (it won't be 7 years, yes)

There is no "maybe/hope/wish" etc. Btw their words are very clear, and video's quality is pretty fine.

Varrak said:
spurklez said:
you kinda missed a word from armagan yavuz that turns the table (its a little bit hard to hear cuz armagan says it right after the journalist guy, while the mic was not close to him)

journalist: I hope it stops at 6 years.
armagan yavuz: yes, I HOPE it wont be 7 years (chuckle)

Nope. Turkish version of the conversation;

Journalist : "Umarız 6 yılda kalır" (We hope it stays at 6 years)
Armağan Yavuz : "7 yıl olmaz, evet" (it won't be 7 years, yes)

It won't be seven years.... That's too early. He also didn't say it would stay at 6.

redwood36 said:
ragnarlothbrok89 said:

there have been several attempts at some aspects of WB. For Honor and War of the Vikings. They all fail, more or less, typically because they need a high amount of graphic fidelity and easy player adoption (they don't want the depth WB has because muh mass market).

Each game that has tried to copy M&B have also been either Multiplayer focused or multiplayer only (gotta get that micro transaction $$$$). No one takes the time to make quality single player. It's always annoying to come across a cool looking game, only to find out it is MP only.

JuJu70 said:
"7 yıl olmaz, evet, inshallah"

that would be correct  :grin:
He does not say inşallah.. Are we watching the same video guys?
He literally says "Umarım yedi yıl olmaz , evet."
Which translates to "I hope it will not be seven years , yes."

https://www.bolumsonucanavari.com/VideoIncelemeler-BSC_Roportaj_Mount__Blade_2yi_Oynadik_ve_Konustuk-14987.htm

crodeau said:
we have ojalá which is probably just a deformation of it
We also have that one - "oxalá"
And that's spanish right? Only know that word in spanish, not in norwegian as your profile suggests.

Edit (to keep on topic): sooo... When is release date? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom