Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yedrellow said:
I know no developer will probably read this, but can you guys be extremely careful with the shield bash mechanic that you demonstrated?

Firstly, please make it rebindable, and do not force it to a simple left click while right click is held (as that screws around with regular mouse control, 'v' works extremely well, as in crpg). Secondly for balance purposes, can it have a defense of some form to protect yourself from shield bash stun? I know in the video it showed a bot getting shield bashed and then hit while stumbled, but it would be good if this free hit was either not a free hit, defendable, or equivalent to a kick in being able to be dodged.

+1 for rebind, and hope its not gonna be spammable in multiplayer

How I feel that I'm not getting any Bannerlord release goodness.

images

I love the animations, they have improved since the last gameplay videos. Did you see how work the transition between two attacks work ? Look closely at the player after he gets hit by the arrow https://youtu.be/IUkL42p3Mss?t=3m7s

It's almost release date season.
Soon™

Edit: By the way guys I'd honestly not worry about the shield bash mechanic. I'm 100% certain they balanced it properly before putting it into the game. It's not like they said "Hey, you know what would be cool? Shield bash" "Ok, done".  I'm sure there's a lot of thought behind game mechanics before they're put in the game.

Attack Chaining – Swings that complete their motion can now be chained into follow-up attacks which can catch your opponent off-guard after a miss. Unbalanced weapons such as hammers and axes also use the momentum of the first swing for a faster follow-up!

It seems good, but i hope there will be something more, like a "penalty" when your attack blocked by enemy's weapon/shield, and you will get slower attack animation in next 2 seconds. With this way, players would be forced to stay out of spamming.

Game should award finished swing animations and punish non-finished swing animations.

Looter said:
I think he meant dead PR as in they don't respond[like saying someone's dead to the world or something], unless your also joking
Sounded different to me. Especially since "Soon" is the response they do give.

Duh said:
Looter said:
I think he meant dead PR as in they don't respond[like saying someone's dead to the world or something], unless your also joking
Sounded different to me. Especially since "Soon" is the response they do give.

It was just a joke using one of the famous M&B quotes. Don't think it was over the line, doubt anyone would seriously take it as a 'death threat'. As if I could travel to the other side of the world and nuke them.

Unless you were also joking. ^^

I am not talking about the manhunter quote, but the joke prior to that. It is your call if you want to leave it up, but just be aware that it is not one of the jokes viewed kindly within the moderation team.

Duh said:
I am not talking about the manhunter quote, but the joke prior to that. It is your call if you want to leave it up, but just be aware that it is not one of the jokes viewed kindly within the moderation team.

I was also talking about the joke prior to that. Why would anyone take it seriously? Chill!
It's not like I made a black humour joke about some terrorist attack or anything. It's just a famous M&B line adapted to the situation of the whole "not giving a release date" and whatnot. Just a joke.

However if you truly think it's a bit over the line for some reason or you find it offensive in any way, I'll go ahead and remove it.

I'm watching the hype die and it's pretty depressing. I wish they'd just said, "hey, we're gonna be at E3 with some cool gameplay but no release date yet" instead of the vague tweets they actually sent. Those were a massive mistake.

And it kills me cause the game looks pretty fantastic so far. And not a lot of people know about it still. I blame the marketing team for using a stupid strategy that simply isn't working. If they want to win over everyone they need to live stream or post an hour or more long play through of the demo available at E3. Relying on game journalists to hype your game for you is pretty dumb imo. Also more communication and interaction certainly wouldn't hurt. Especially to stop rumors and theories from becoming the de facto truth because someone with knowledge didn't nip it in the bud on time.

Or, I say again, maybe I don't know **** about marketing and the guy in charge is a secret promotions guru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom