Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jackalj said:
I do like the bigger maps, or is that just me?

The battle maps don't seem to be bigger than the maxed out Warband ones (at polygon size 2). This time around though, the terrain borders blend in much better and make the map feel complete, immersive, and therefore bigger. Honestly, the showcased size is more than enough for a good battle.

The Bowman said:
As far as I can see, most of the complaints here seem to point at one or other graphical issue. As far as I know, these are details that tend to be a part of the polishing effort during the last 100 meters before the game release. Nevertheless, they still need to know what matters for us

To a degree you're right, but horse physics seems like quite a big deal gemplay wise to me. You spend a lot of time barreling around on horseback, not stopping dead when I brush against another horse would remove a lot of frustration, for me at least.

And animations can have a big effect on how a game feels to play, even if it's technically not affecting it.

The Bowman said:
The battle maps don't seem to be bigger than the maxed out Warband ones (at polygon size 2). This time around though, the terrain borders blend in much better and make the map feel complete, immersive, and therefore bigger.

Yup, I was presently surprised, thought I saw the border and was disappointed, then realised it was actually much further away and harder to spot!

There are more complaints than just the graphics. The blog talks about improved tactis and I don't see any demonstration thereof. It might be there, if you search long and hard, but I am not supposed to do that, because Taleworlds wants my money, not the other way round. The same is true for attack chains. Where dem at, eh?

And then there are the horses still bumping into each other at full speed and not giving a ****. After years of development, this glaring issue hasn't been adressed in any way shape or form.

But oh my, there are more videos and interviews to come with some explanations and finally the soon^tm.

The Bowman said:
jackalj said:
I do like the bigger maps, or is that just me?

The battle maps don't seem to be bigger than the maxed out Warband ones (at polygon size 2). This time around though, the terrain borders blend in much better and make the map feel complete, immersive, and therefore bigger. Honestly, the showcased size is more than enough for a good battle.

Ah I see, I thought they were bigger because in the Khuzait v Asarai gameplay video, the horsemen actually had to ride for a while before they met their foe.

If they want to make the community happy, they'd release info on what made warband great. The actual fighting didn't make warband great. It was the gameplay of going from town to town, concept of building your own army, and making your own decisions. I don't see sandbox when I look at these recently released videos. I see something controlled and forced to the player. That's not what most find fun. Show us the decisions you can make in the game.

Those two videos were pretty nice. It has some rough edges (that arm-breaking sword move?) but overall it looks quite impressive compared to warband. And it's cool to see 500+ battles are possible.

Varrak said:
gromchegrom said:
Icey said:
Uhmm it looks nice but is making the the neck of the dress and the helmet properly too much to ask for
Absolutely agree with you !
It's pain for my eyes , I am so disappointed ... The most hateful thing in warband by me , and now same in Bannerlord . TaleWorlds please , guys do something with this . Also thanks for great job you've done !

I am pretty sure that they are separate items, so you can always change the items as you like in marketplace or via your inventory.
I think that dress and the helmet are pretty much meant to be, also it's done properly in native. Whatever, if they do it later it's okay..

crynoking said:
If they want to make the community happy, they'd release info on what made warband great. The actual fighting didn't make warband great. It was the gameplay of going from town to town, concept of building your own army, and making your own decisions. I don't see sandbox when I look at these recently released videos. I see something controlled and forced to the player. That's not what most find fun. Show us the decisions you can make in the game.

I can tell you're not a big multiplayer guy

crynoking said:
Here is the problem with TW. They have actually shown extensive footage of campaign gameplay...... to a bunch of game journalists in a room:
http://www.pcgamer.com/mount-and-blade-2-is-on-a-mission-to-be-2017s-best-rpg/
The writer of the article was shown a live game demo by TW where the hero has many interesting encounters in the game world. The demo even showed off the new recruitment system as well as some other goodies. Why they chose to only show this footage to journalists, I have no idea. It would make more sense to post it on youtube imo. It would generate interest, satisfy the user base and still draw articles from gaming websites. It was obviously in a state where you could show the game to writers for an hour. I don't know who's running the game promotion **** show but they're doing a pretty ****ty job.

Or everything I'm saying is bull**** and the promotions guy is a secret genius.

Reassuringly prosaic vids I can fully accept as being indicative of the final game. One good thing about TW's questionable PR is they don't BS you with in-house stuff put through the marketing wringer. The Kuzait one looked great with the blood patches and sand blowing. Honestly tho I want to see the overland map gameplay so hopefully that's on the cards.

Probably some interview  where they ask about release date. So we can hear what they gotta say this year.

Spoiler;

SoonTM

aekilju said:
crynoking said:

I can tell you're not a big multiplayer guy
Multiplayer is not what made warband great though. Not for most at least

Pray for Bannerlord in 2017 !
M92op9k.jpg
SGXxJTH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom