Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ki-Ok Khan said:
I do not think that every armor that was crafted in the past looked the same nor was aesthetic.

Every piece of military clothing made before 1900 takes aesthetics into consideration, sometimes to the detriment of its raw practicality. Since soldiers spend most of their time just walking around in their equipment and not actually fighting, looking intimidating/impressive is often just as important as having really strong armour. For example a muslim source implies that when coats of plates were invented, syrian/turkic lancers got more cocky because they assumed their enemies were just wearing tunics.

Ki-Ok Khan said:
We do not know what kind of resources they used to recreate armors nor what their intention was.

what

jacobhinds said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
We do not know what kind of resources they used to recreate armors nor what their intention was.
what
What I mean is that .that armor was perhaps made like that on purpose and we do not know why. Maybe there are different variations of it.Or the resources they used to recreate the armor was just like that. Also do not forget that its not armor but just the cloak thing that they added.

kalarhan said:
MrMundy said:
Na, I rather ment that I don't think that anyone here thinks that it looks good

ah okie, so you are talking for everyone now, we got it, Master Mundy *bows*

MrMundy said:
Aesthetic aint that subjective.
http://www.skepticink.com/tippling/2013/04/19/philosophy-101-philpapers-induced-3-aesthetic-value-objective-or-subjective/

Stop being so cocky without any reason, Jesus.

MrMundy said:
Na, I rather ment that I don't think that anyone here thinks that it looks good
MrMundy said:
I rather ment that I don't think that anyone here thinks that it looks good
MrMundy said:
I don't think that anyone here thinks that it looks good
MrMundy said:
I don't think
MrMundy said:

MrMundy said:
Stop being so cocky without any reason, Jesus.

MrMundy said:
kalarhan said:
jacobhinds said:
Its not even remotely symmetrical either

the weird armor used by the king (? he has a crown) is most likely symbolic/cultural thingy. We should know more once we can examine the lore and different sets in the game

Let's not excuse horrible work like that in such a way.

:mrgreen:

now we finally went full circle in this pointless and useless (and off-topic) discussion, we can go back to talk about the next blog and when it is coming out

I actually loved the armors , infact every single one of them ,even the one with the rings, I have seen real life fashion shows with more horrible stuff .The people complaining think armor design and aesthetics is more than 2% of the game, any one who thinks like that is a troll and should be banned , how can you say you love warband if you think like that , I mean the armor was super **** in the first game and don't even start with the graphics, but we all loved it, we are even lucky they brought new armor, taleworlds can whip anything up and we would buy, believe it or not its a monopoly , look at failures like for honor...I think taleworlds should just keep up the good work and give us the game ,people would always find something wrong with the game, no wonder they don't release any info.

Ki-Ok Khan said:
jacobhinds said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
what
What I mean is that .that armor was perhaps made like that on purpose and we do not know why. Maybe there are different variations of it.Or the resources they used to recreate the armor was just like that. Also do not forget that its not armor but just the cloak thing that they added.

Agreed.

cherac said:
I actually loved the armors , infact every single one of them ,even the one with the rings, I have seen real life fashion shows with more horrible stuff .The people complaining think armor design and aesthetics is more than 2% of the game, any one who thinks like that is a troll and should be banned , how can you say you love warband if you think like that , I mean the armor was super **** in the first game and don't even start with the graphics, but we all loved it, we are even lucky they brought new armor, taleworlds can whip anything up and we would buy, believe it or not its a monopoly , look at failures like for honor...I think taleworlds should just keep up the good work and give us the game ,people would always find something wrong with the game, no wonder they don't release any info.
Yeah, I liked the armors too, also that cloak thing with the rings.

kbLEv7.png
A lichina? With Khuzaits? Weren't khuzaits supposed to be huns/mongols?

TheGreatGold said:
kbLEv7.png
A lichina? With Khuzaits? Weren't khuzaits supposed to be huns/mongols?

It has been speculated that that unit is from the southern (or western empire?)  due to the purple shield on his back.  The Eastern empire soldiers seem to be orange, which is not just the colour of their lord's coat of arms.  It could be possible that the other 2 Empire fractions have units with their fraction colour,  Which would make sense as it reduces the confusion of a 3 way civil war.  Also the Empire has horse archers,  this particular uniy could could be a higher rank horse archer of the southern empire.  The mask/ helmet definitely has a Byzantine look to it.  Plus there is a PC gamer pic of a guard in an empire scene with a mask/ helmet too, though a different style I believe

vonbalt said:
MrMundy said:
You know, they could just let us give up a siege and surrender the castle alone. Like the AI can.
I believe we'll actually be able to do that in Bannerlord, there is a button for parley during the siege phase, there you'll probably be able to negotiate surrender terms and the like (as attacker and as defender), these kind of options will probably use that new influence currency in factions.
Second option.
13177634.png

I will go to a museum here in Istanbul today. I will then gather photos of the items that fits into the Bannerlord era (..-11th century).I will post them here. Should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom