Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EyeballLancer said:
joei160. said:
"1. Lust hates steam, because people have said nasty things about him on steam."

What nasty things?

Oh, well, there was a couple of threads calling for his immediate dismissal. Claiming that only producing one steam update in 5 months or so was a terrible offense. I think the word 'ginger' was used. You know... the typical character assassination that goes on when there's nothing better to do.  :cry:

Well lets be fair- if he is in charge of interacting with community he has done abysimal job to say the least.

1. Steam page up & public for 4 months (they definetly could make it hidden), no official activity whatsoever. No release date, no new screens, new videos, anything. Or even a lousy 1-paragraph news piece! Steam page should signal potential customer that release is very near, but we havent even gotten ANY news within 4 months, let alone release date! Okay, even having steam page up so long without news, fine. But why the hell was it announced if there were no plans on doing ANYTHING there?

2. No news found in reasonable places- that includes TW site AND forums. Any news you have to dig to find is not news. The only news we have is vague and hidden in pages of forum. They dont even bother making news post they update with relevant links to post, despite it taking just few seconds. I mean seriously, this topic has how many pages?

3. Absolutely no communication with fans. This is definetly one thing he could do- just drop in every now and then and say something. News or no news, its the interaction that would show fans TW actually cares about them. But no, silence.

All this infuriates fans. a LOT. There is no justification why Lust has NOT been doing his job interacting with community. Busy with something else? surely you find 10 seconds to write "hey, yeah, we are still working on game. Bye" every few weeks!

Armaury said:
5. Bannerlord will sell itself, so who cares about communication with customers.

All is said :roll:

Sadly that's what defenders of the lack of communication seem to think. There are very few things that sell them-self.

But, I think they will obviously advertise more closer to release. I hope they stay in touch with the community after release too. When developers/publishers drop of the ace of the earth after release.... that can cause issues.

Plovercrest said:
Armaury said:
5. Bannerlord will sell itself, so who cares about communication with customers.

Sadly that's what defenders of the lack of communication seem to think. There are very few things that sell them-self.

But, I think they will obviously advertise more closer to release. I hope they stay in touch with the community after release too. When developers/publishers drop of the ace of the earth after release.... that can cause issues.

Staying in touch is sentence that assumes being in touch in first place. Sadly this is not happening here

Plovercrest said:
Armaury said:

Them posting blogs and them releasing ads is not the same thing. No one said anything about them sneaking out a release without telling anyone.

Ok, Lust is taking waaaay too much heat now. He's only allowed to show and say things he's been authorized to. Which means he answers to some shadowy palpatine-esque superior. That guy is who you should be angry at.

Or I'm wrong and this is all Lust's idea (which I highly doubt). I don't know but I get the feeling Lust is desperate to say a lot of things but just can't.

Starting to think TW believes you, me and everybody else on this forums will push this game on everyone we know as soon as it is released (and evem before). The game only sells itself to us, we are probably going to be doing the RP once it's out and we will be the ones "selling it". And we will do it fro free. Hell, I'm doing it right now with my friends that don't know the franchise.

I just hoped I would get to see some pretty pictures and videos while I do for free the marketing they refuse to do...

RoboSenshi said:
Ok, Lust is taking waaaay too much heat now. He's only allowed to show and say things he's been authorized to. Which means he answers to some shadowy palpatine-esque superior. That guy is who you should be angry at.

Or I'm wrong and this is all Lust's idea (which I highly doubt). I don't know but I get the feeling Lust is desperate to say a lot of things but just can't.

Again, doesnt excuse total lack of communication with community. Hell, if he isnt authorised to say what they are working on (which in itself at this point would be seriously bad idea on TW part- again, no need to advertise you have steam page up & running publicly if you arent going to do anything there), he definetly can say "hey, we are still working on it" every few weeks or so. But we dont even have that. Not even in TW, let alone steam.
This is just bad behaviour as developer. I am serious- if you cant talk about the game publicly yet, DONT SET UP PUBLIC STEAM PAGE! And even if you do, DONT ADVERTISE IT!

I mean dont TW see how ridicolous whole Bannerlord situation is? Its becoming butt-end of half-tried half-life3-sque jokes, only less popular and less funny. I mean seriously- they revealed Bannerlord when i was still in high school. In meantime i have graduated university and game is still not released nor even having release date set.
Future game developers: this is how you should NOT treat your fans.

Meelis13 said:
RoboSenshi said:

he definetly can say "hey, we are still working on it" every few weeks or so. But we dont even have that.
So would that sentence every week or so alleviate all the problems with information you and other people have? Are you honestly worried that Taleworlds are just sitting on their asses for months, doing nothing to develop the game?

kalarhan said:
It is all fake news from the fake steam discussion threads by fake players doing fake reports on fake feelings

All paid for by Ubisoft! I knew it!

kagos, lend me your tin-foil hat pls...

BNS Marko said:
Has anyone bothered compiling a detailed list(with depictions) of confirmed features we've seen so far across all media?

I think there were things like that on steam and reddit that were fairly comprehensive, though not 100% accurate.

Cpt. Nemo said:
Meelis13 said:
RoboSenshi said:

he definetly can say "hey, we are still working on it" every few weeks or so. But we dont even have that.
So would that sentence every week or so alleviate all the problems with information you and other people have? Are you honestly worried that Taleworlds are just sitting on their asses for months, doing nothing to develop the game?

Still a LOT better than absolutely nothing.

So people would still moan, complain, and rag on Lust and Taleworlds even if they reminded everyone on a weekly basis that yes, they haven't abandoned the game a la Kagos. Why should they bother doing that then?

BNS Marko said:
I'll take a look into that next week, feel like getting it all on one place would provide a good overview.

Be sure to confirm through the primary sources when you're able (might be worth finding a reliable Turkish translator to work with). Don't want to end up propagating potential mistakes others have made when writing up summaries of stuff.

@Meelis, if you want confirmation that it's still being worked on just keep an eye on the SteamDB page, will show when they update it. Which is fairly frequently afaik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom