Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rungsted93 said:
I never understood why Developers don't reply or engage with the community in general... what is it they're so afraid will happen ?

Lust has said things about this before, and I tend to agree with him. They have to find the right balance of  giving and withholding information, for several reasons.

1) At this stage, things change a lot. They probably only want to release solid, non-changing information to the public. Nothing angers people more on release than missinformation, just ask No Man's Sky.
2) They want to release interesting information. Out of those solid, non-changing bits of information only a few will be interesting to players. This further limits the selection.
3) And lastly, hype. Give out all the interesting, solid, non-changing information and there is no room for hype. You have to keep players excited without drowning them with information, so when the time comes for the release there are still surprises to be had.

It is complicated, but I think they are doing well.

P.S. - On my phone, ignore typos.

Lord Brutus said:
Well, they have got the "withholding information" part down pat.  Funny how Paradox announces certain elements of game play and then announces changes and nobody seems to mind.

Depends on the player base I suppose and whether or not the changes are pre-release or post-release. And if it is pre-release, how well the change is communicated.

Rungsted93 said:
I never understood why Developers don't reply or engage with the community in general... what is it they're so afraid will happen ?

Well for one giving information is dangerous, as exposing the wrong bits can lead to false expectations and ultimately cause something similar to No Man's Sky - that's why companies usually hire someone to do it for them. That entails, I suppose, knowing what/where/how/when to release something and all that information would need constant organization and care lest something unintended slips through.

Maybe TW is too busy to allow themselves the luxury of time/money when the work is needed somewhere else, and maybe a closed mouth policy and the incoming backlash is easier to deal with than going through all the hassle of an active communication.

But i don't mean stuff like release date, saying co-op will be there if it's not 100% etc.
More like some weekly screenshots, some details about some lords, general lore stuff etc... I'm not asking much but just something

Rungsted93 said:
But i don't mean stuff like release date, saying co-op will be there if it's not 100% etc.
More like some weekly screenshots, some details about some lords, general lore stuff etc... I'm not asking much but just something

In that case, I can agree with you mostly. Although something like detailed lore is a thing that takes place last in development, usually. So that could be the reason why.

However, weekly screenshots would be awesome.

Rungsted93 said:

I agree with you, I'm only trying to understand TW's reasoning.

Rungsted93 said:
Maybe a few posts from the devs themselves, not exactly revealing what they are working on, but their inputs on what the journey for Bannerlord has been so far, what are their expectations from the players perspective, what the game means to them, etc.. etc...
If they really want, they can keep engaging the community. Plus even if we have a one post per 2-3 weeks, the community will get something to talk about on these forums.

Will Killing the Lords or Kings will be implemented in bannerlords?

I mean in Mount and Blade the Noble and Kings Are Immortal, I can't outright kill them =_=

ayami1234 said:

I mean in Mount and Blade the Noble and Kings Are Immortal, I can't outright kill them =_=

They have not confirmed that and many other things, it still takes many moons and suns to release bannerlord so they still have time, the time for them is relative: "near future" = between six and twelve months ... that's like 15 years in dog life..

ayami1234 said:

We have seen gameplay footage where the lords and companions have died. Don't think they would shownsomething so highly requested if it wasn't in.

The lord also will run from the battle if he is losing probably dependent on his personality.

ayami1234 said:

Short answer: Yes.

They said it will be in the game. I would like to assume that we can somewhat trust them in regards to what they say about basic gameplay mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom