Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope they catered more fore the player that wants to keep it small and doesent want to make a big army to take every thing over than they did in warband.

JuJu70 said:
Romans built castras every 20 or so miles so an army could march light, they didn't need a supply train. But in medieval Europe it was not so, since Europe was so decentralized.

In subjugated territory they did, but Caesar at least sometimes just didn't give a damn and threw his armies deep into enemy territory without supplies, in the interest of expedience.

I imagine in exceptional circumstances or under exceptional leaders, medieval armies were still able to operate in this way. Since apparently leaders in Bannerlord will have not just stats and skills but special abilities, one or more of those could relate to party speed. It'd be pretty OP though; Pathfinding is easily the best skill in single-player.

kraggrim said:
I hope the weapon crafting element allows us to add decorative elements to our weapons, like inlays/carvings.
10690115_763187790393640_5270097395527602565_n.jpg
Viking-exhibition-011.jpg

Though since the weapon elements can be stretched/compressed it might be difficult to keep these looking good (I wonder how they solved this stretching problem with the normal textures actually).

You can tell a true warrior by the fact he decorates his sword with a picture of a sword.

It shouldn't be hard to have a "decal" that stays the same size when a model stretches.

Mamlaz said:
...and those quivers aren't the personal quivers you wear on the hip.

The reference states that they are personal quivers.

Mamlaz said:
That quiver is the one I already mentioned, it is the largest Ottoman quiver in a museum collection and its capacity is less than 30.

The last time I read it was stated as 26.

I don't doubt it has 26 arrows in it, but I do doubt that it can't fit more. It looks about the same size as many similar flat quivers I've seen. I find it odd that you said earlier that the largest quiver known to man could carry only 22-24 arrows... and you said that round quivers have a larger capacity than flat quivers... but apparently you knew about this particular flat quiver and have memorised its capacity of 26 arrows.

Mamlaz said:
Hmm, which has more space;

JtzbCfM.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Which is further away?  :roll:

Mamlaz said:
Three times as much?

Ludicrous.

Perhaps you could stick a couple more in but that's it.

It is not about just the arrow shafts, but the fletchings as well, which take a lot of space and should never be squished in storage;

dsc06958a.jpg

Even if you stuffed more arrows in, you would have an increasingly difficult time drawing those arrows out without pulling the rest of the arrows with.

Eh, I have to admit, 3x would be impossible unless the arrows were 2 very different lengths (something that I have noticed sometimes in medieval quivers), but here's a diagram showing an arrow spacer with 25 arrows:
DbXQ3.png

The fletching seems relatively narrow, but assuming it was meant to hold arrows of a single length, the configuration of holes dictates that the fletching can only be about so wide.

Here's a diagram showing over twice as many arrows the same size, in the same space:

EZUd-.png

They're not going to get bumped around or crushed any more than they would with the original number in the unspaced quiver.

Meevar the Mighty said:
In subjugated territory they did, but Caesar at least sometimes just didn't give a damn and threw his armies deep into enemy territory without supplies, in the interest of expedience.

I imagine in exceptional circumstances or under exceptional leaders, medieval armies were still able to operate in this way. Since apparently leaders in Bannerlord will have not just stats and skills but special abilities, one or more of those could relate to party speed. It'd be pretty OP though; Pathfinding is easily the best skill in single-player.

I agree, especially considering the main delivering force of a medieval army was cavalry, and that cavalry often detached completely from the main body of infantry.

For instance, the cavalry army under Étienne de Vignolles, that detached itself from the main force and remained active as such for weeks, until it finally delivered the massive blow to the English at the battle of Patay.

Meevar the Mighty said:
The reference states that they are personal quivers.

Does it?

Meevar the Mighty said:
but I do doubt that it can't fit more. It looks about the same size as many similar flat quivers I've seen. I find it odd that you said earlier that the largest quiver known to man could carry only 22-24 arrows... and you said that round quivers have a larger capacity than flat quivers... but apparently you knew about this particular flat quiver and have memorised its capacity of 26 arrows.

Re read what I wrote a page before, the amount of arrows is not only limited by space, but also with the ability to easily draw those arrows without their flethings being squished and attached by other arrows.

Even if you stuffed those extra 3-4 arrows into that quiver, the issues with drawing they would cause would be debilitating.

Meevar the Mighty said:
Here's a diagram showing over twice as many arrows the same size, in the same space:
They're not going to get bumped around or crushed any more than they would with the original number in the unspaced quiver.

Alrighty then, show me a single historical reconstruction or even a pictorial depiction even suggesting it done that way.

Because even the flimsy reddit source provided before states that arches were specifically given sheaves with 24 arrows.

In fact, if you are right, why were those actual historical examples I provided fitted with those arrow spacers in the first place?

Also, your fletching area is too small in those images.

boomstomp said:
I just hope they catered more fore the player that wants to keep it small and doesent want to make a big army to take every thing over than they did in warband.

You understand <3 I like to play a character that doesn't stray too far from his humble beginnings or a loyal lord content with his position, only thing is you run out of things to do fairly quick, the imagination can only support it for so long, the game has to as well.

Thats one thing I have noticed about M&B, you can be anyone you want, a lord, a mercenary a bandit, a merchant but you only have enough things to do as long as that character is ambitious and wants to rule calradia

joei160. said:
zaralo said:
Raziel said:
zaralo said:
god damn will they ever release this ?

The day this releases, the world will look like your signature picture
nice one dude :grin: :grin: :grin:

There's absolutely nothing nice in with the freemasons. Only the Mighty Soviet Union shall return to it's original grace, as the phoenix.
oh u see the golden light in CCCP? be careful dude, all seen eye is watching you BOOYAA

If diseased carcass catapult rounds are in the game I'll be modding them out immediately, there isn't a single game I've ever played where I felt Damage over Time was anything more than a pain in the ass for both sides involved.

Dest45 said:
but you only have enough things to do as long as that character is ambitious and wants to rule calradia

MB as a mix bag of genres (4x, RPG, Strategy, ...) has a lot of features. Most of them are very light tho, which is to be expected from a game developed by a very small team with such a broad scope.

You can be a lot of things. You can start over and play in very different ways each time. But if you try to focus on any element you will soon find out that you are very limited (gameplay wise).

As the game is a sandbox it exchanges deep mechanics with the player's own choice.

Bannerlord by what you saw soo far is trying to go deeper, so we should expect a more complete game (again, gameplay wise). We can also look at some of the more popular mods to see things the community wanted the game to improve on:
- kingdom management (Diplomacy)
- combat for big armies (Formations)
- RPG elements to a small/solo warrior (Freelancer)
- Improved UI (many mods)
- better tournaments
- sea travel and combat
- more options on siege attacks (instead of one freaking ladder)

so far looks like we will get most of that with Bannerlord Native. And the rest we should see 1-2 years in with the mods  :smile:

Sir_Newton said:
If diseased carcass catapult rounds are in the game I'll be modding them out immediately, there isn't a single game I've ever played where I felt Damage over Time was anything more than a pain in the ass for both sides involved.
I assumed it would lower morale. Unless you're nailed by a flying cow carcass no damage should be received. Maybe disease will kill some of the population and guards if you're being bombarded for weeks or months, but I'm guessing that will be rare.
It would be nice to put that rotting chick/meat to good use.
But my most wanted feature of "carcass catapults" would be a release the prisoners option.

TheWarArmoury said:
Sir_Newton said:
I assumed it would lower morale. Unless you're nailed by a flying cow carcass no damage should be received. Maybe disease will kill some of the population and guards if you're being bombarded for weeks or months, but I'm guessing that will be rare.
It would be nice to put that rotting chick/meat to good use.
But my most wanted feature of "carcass catapults" would be a release the prisoners option.

Hey I was gunna suggest that  :sad:

Yeah, it is just that, out of the hundreds of sieges we have descriptions of, barely any had anything expect stone hurling.

Why would you throw a corpse if that same corpse could be yet another stone thrown at the walls?

People don't splatter when crushing into the ground. I was working as crime scene cleaner for over a year and saw enough suizidals who jumped from a roof or bridge.

Edit: There is also a famous photo of a woman who jumped from the Empire State building and hit a car (in the 50/60s). If you don't see the whole photographie it looks like she's sleeping in a satin bed

November1983 said:
People don't splatter when crushing into the ground. I was working as crime scene cleaner for over a year and saw enough suizidals who jumped from a roof or bridge.
But you cut the body in half before shooting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom