Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Đяαкøℵ said:
Đяαкøℵ said:
Frank Elliott ‏@captainlust  1 hour ago
Confirming that no cheats (whatsoever) were used in the Gamescom Siege Defence video but it *was* set at 1/4 damage to player  :razz:

I would prefer it if arrows weren't so deadly, they seemed to be killing most people outright.

I actually like it. Im kinda tired of warband, hitting some guys 10 times till they die... In reality you dont really do anything after you get one good axe/arrow to the upper body
I'll be doing plenty with good enough body armour.

Đяαкøℵ said:
In reality you dont really do anything after you get one good axe/arrow to the upper body

:roll:

rk4XNE.gif

The human body itself can withstand a great deal of punishment. An arrow to the chest is just a very painful annoyance if it doesn't hit your heart or a vital organ. I don't mind the occasional one shot kill but for the sake of balance and believability I hope they are rare unless its a headshot. I wouldn't doubt their character having power draw 10 and 500 proficiency in bows though :razz:

Dest45 said:
The human body itself can withstand a great deal of punishment. An arrow to the chest is just a very painful annoyance if it doesn't hit your heart or a vital organ. I don't mind the occasional one shot kill but for the sake of balance and believability I hope they are rare unless its a headshot. I wouldn't doubt their character having power draw 10 and 500 proficiency in bows though :razz:
Don't forget +100 damage arrows.

Sir_Newton said:
mcwiggum said:
Maybe make differing types of armour more effective against arrows? Bows in multiplayer are cheese atm, being knocked back by the force of the projectile seems like a far better option than being stun-locked by long shots whilst wearing heavy armour.

And i'm still in favour of adding a serverside command to force-turn off reticules.

I agree, i really hope they have more diversity in how armor works. As it stands it seems like no armor has any special atttributes, which is very unfortunate considering that we do have three different kinds of damage-types that all interact with armor differently. Ideally, Maille would be weak to stabs and blunt force but strong against cuts, whereas lamellar or plated (not plate, platED) armor like what the Imperials (Byzantines) might use would be strong against stabs and strong-ish against blunt force but weaker against cuts. It would also be amazing if we could have 2 layers of armor - 1 for a gambeson or tunic and 1 for the harder outer layer of maille or whatnot.

Of course if there's a system like this it would be pretty necessary that arrows do piercing rather than cutting damage as they did in warband.
Pretty much what you said about the layered armour, it seems the best way to go in terms of having the armour system make sense, people didn't wear mail over nothing, they wore gambesons underneath it because of how flexible the mail was.
Something like Kingdom come Deliverance's armour system.

mcwiggum said:
Sir_Newton said:
mcwiggum said:
Maybe make differing types of armour more effective against arrows? Bows in multiplayer are cheese atm, being knocked back by the force of the projectile seems like a far better option than being stun-locked by long shots whilst wearing heavy armour.

And i'm still in favour of adding a serverside command to force-turn off reticules.

I agree, i really hope they have more diversity in how armor works. As it stands it seems like no armor has any special atttributes, which is very unfortunate considering that we do have three different kinds of damage-types that all interact with armor differently. Ideally, Maille would be weak to stabs and blunt force but strong against cuts, whereas lamellar or plated (not plate, platED) armor like what the Imperials (Byzantines) might use would be strong against stabs and strong-ish against blunt force but weaker against cuts. It would also be amazing if we could have 2 layers of armor - 1 for a gambeson or tunic and 1 for the harder outer layer of maille or whatnot.

Of course if there's a system like this it would be pretty necessary that arrows do piercing rather than cutting damage as they did in warband.
Pretty much what you said about the layered armour, it seems the best way to go in terms of having the armour system make sense, people didn't wear mail over nothing, they wore gambesons underneath it because of how flexible the mail was.
Something like Kingdom come Deliverance's armour system.
Have I been saying mail(maille) wrong?:0

Mamlaz said:
Đяαкøℵ said:
In reality you dont really do anything after you get one good axe/arrow to the upper body

rk4XNE.gif

Was going to post something like this aswell. I like the current damage system, besides the swords against heavy armor **** that is. You shouldnt be able to take down an enemy lord (atleast in Warband) with a sword. A lords armor shouldnt be able to be penetrated by a sword.

What's the next game event?
It is possible to TW to go?
In case it happens, they're showing boardgames? ( :iamamoron: )
No seriously, with all this, I feel there is no need to show more.
Prove that wrong, I'm waiting

Louis said:

I honestly didnt understand half of the comment, I would be realy gratefull if you could rephrase that.

MrMundy said:
Louis said:

I honestly didnt understand half of the comment, I would be realy gratefull if you could rephrase that.
There is more to show about bannerlord?
Edit: Sorry.

Louis said:
MrMundy said:
Louis said:

There is more to show about bannerlord?
Edit: Sorry.
well we are all hoping for more diplomacy features and hopefully some court/family features. But we still haven't seen multiplayer or half of the factions. There are still the minor factions and there is also the story we havent heard much about. I could see all those not being discussed by TW though so we can experience it firsthand and they are all small. Aside from the multiplayer. Im not expecting too much more from the game but more is welcome. Coop is welcome too if they decide to implement it :razz:

MrMundy said:
Mamlaz said:
Đяαкøℵ said:

rk4XNE.gif

Was going to post something like this aswell. I like the current damage system, besides the swords against heavy armor **** that is. You shouldnt be able to take down an enemy lord (atleast in Warband) with a sword. A lords armor shouldnt be able to be penetrated by a sword.

That gif doesn't prove anything , do you know the weight of an actual battle axe? Even it the image , if he was swinging at full capacity he would crack his friends skull , and if the axe was sharpened like all battle axes , it would cut the metal clean and fix itself in his skull .
And whats all this talk about one kill arrow shots being unrealistic , imagine standing below a wall  and a sharp arrow is shot into your body through you shoulder . I don't know why people think being shot 10 times with an arrow before you die is realism , arrows were the bullets of medieval times . Yh an arrow in the arm or leg shouldn't kill the soldier , probably depending on his experience , but he is definitely not going to fight to his full might . A hist anywhere from his stomach region ,neck and head should incapacitate him permanently .

Now to wait for the next blog in November. It is now the season of blogs. We are at the mercy of the bloggerlord.

cherac said:
MrMundy said:
Mamlaz said:
Đяαкøℵ said:

rk4XNE.gif

That gif doesn't prove anything , do you know the weight of an actual battle axe? Even it the image , if he was swinging at full capacity he would crack his friends skull , and if the axe was sharpened like all battle axes , it would cut the metal clean and fix itself in his skull .
And whats all this talk about one kill arrow shots being unrealistic , imagine standing below a wall  and a sharp arrow is shot into your body through you shoulder . I don't know why people think being shot 10 times with an arrow before you die is realism , arrows were the bullets of medieval times . Yh an arrow in the arm or leg shouldn't kill the soldier , probably depending on his experience , but he is definitely not going to fight to his full might . A hist anywhere from his stomach region ,neck and head should incapacitate him permanently .
in 1060 you didnt have plate armor. Fun fact, I think a tshirt would protect me more than some of those soldier's "armor" (more like tunics)

and if the axe was sharpened like all battle axes , it would cut the metal clean and fix itself in his skull .
And it would cut through the MOON !  :party:

Omg ! These dudes are still arround ! If Bannerlord was truely realistic, it would take much more than 10 arrows to kill a guy with a plate armor, or even just a good quality mail over a thick gambison.

TIL armor was totally useless. Weird. So I guess lords, knights and professional soldiers just liked to spend huge amounts of money on the best armor they could get their hands on just because it looks really cool.

I just really hope BL doesn't flop like No Man's Sh!t. Sean Murray was and still is a €unt. Taleworlds are exceptional people, so I hope they'll deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom