Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
oppai said:
Louis said:
Stan546 said:
How when we reach page 2,000 we'll get a new blog!
:lol: :lol: You and your 2,000 pages! :lol:
MrMundy said:
We have hit 1986 pages!
I wish you all a happy "Year of the South Yemen Civil War" Page-day!
I wish you the "Year of Olof Palme's murder" page!

Happy "Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster" year page day!!

I wish you all a happy year of "Voyager 2 first encounter with Uranus" page-day.

It is very unlikely but it would be incredible if I got to beta test Bannerlord like I did Warband. Cannot wait to get my hands on the new combat.. and break it :razz:

Fubar said:
If you gonna release a game or product, you shouldnt announce it too early nor later. If you announce it early you get so much excitement about game even most of hardcore fans get dissapionted when game release and most of people lost their interest during waiting. If announce late, you can't get enough attention on your game and you stuck mostly with your hardcore fan and little community.

This is not kickstarter game and they haven't any obligation to give us, blog or any kind of information, I get that. But they act like this is kickstarter game and they start to release blog's and info about game and they started this too early. So too many players already give up to follow the game. I am here since 2006 and play the game since M&B beta. I will buy bannerlord on day one. But too many people will say "oh bannerlord released 5 months ago, I didnt know that." Well this is why I am upset.

So someone who would be actively following if there were regular blogs stops checking MB sites due to a lack of them. And then somehow doesn't hear about the release through other sites, steam notifications, friends etc? Seem to me like that would only be a very small number of people, not enough to worry about impacting sales in any meaningful way.

Just saying an awesome feature would be automatic facial crafting, where your computer takes a picture of you and makes your face for you. That would be really cool though youll have to somehow have to figure out how to get a 3-D picture (to see how big the nose is for instance) but ill leave that to you guys.  :mrgreen:

I'm no expert on the matter but couldn't you get a 3d picture by asking the person to rotate his head?

EDIT: thogh this is probably cutting-edgey technology which would be too expensive for what it's worth.

kraggrim said:
So someone who would be actively following if there were regular blogs stops checking MB sites due to a lack of them. And then somehow doesn't hear about the release through other sites, steam notifications, friends etc? Seem to me like that would only be a very small number of people, not enough to worry about impacting sales in any meaningful way.

I don't think he's wrong. When the Pc gamer weekender happened I was talking to some friends about it who loved Mount and Blade Warband and they had just plain forgot that Bannerlord was a thing that was going to happen. And they don't really care all that much about it anymore. And apart from the announcement Bannerlord isn't really featured on the major gaming news sides anymore because frankly there's just nothing to talk about.
Most people in this forum will most likely still buy the game no matter how lackluster the marketing of the game might be, but they are mostly the hardcore fans of the series here.
And while hardcore fans are important they are usually not enough to finance games by themselves. So I do think that Taleworlds announced the game way too early. If they did it just a couple of months before release they would have a much easier time getting hype going about the game. I don't think the game is doomed by any stretch, I just think that they will have a somewhat harder time getting everyone excited about the game again when the release comes around.

Louis said:
I'LL DRINK FROM YOUR SKALL
maxresdefault.jpg
Please don't, I usually enjoy his content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom