Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding formation combat will there be some kind of AI that attempts to keep troops in formation and coordinate with each other? For instance a shield wall, a pike wall to defend against a cav charge. I'd llike to be able to see that a shield wall is faltering and shout out to shore it up some how.

Regarding cavalry, will there be any sort of harass mechanic or will their maneuvers be primarily driven by a charge?

Will the criminal enterprise aspect be a full path that a player might want to follow (create a criminal empire) or is it really seen as a supplemental portion to the early/mid game? (I hope for the possibility of a bandit king gameplay, kind of like outlaws of the marsh)

Will we be able to bind more functions to the keyboard? For instance, rebind formation commands, menu commands, map movement commands? (M&B is killer on carpel tunnel)

congrats on a great looking game, I'm a HUGE fan of the art direction that has happened.

another question: will we be able to split the party on the campaign map? i.e. take a group of cavalry and chase some routers.

how does the game deal with capturing lords? will they magically vanish or will we be able to actually be able to make sure they are captured?

did you expect so many questions to be asked? :wink:

Two questions for the blog :

1. Custom banners were mentioned, but will troops carry banners on the battlefield?

2. There was a question about peerage/rank system in the Q&A. Will the player be able get ranks within a faction for example knight, baron, duke, etc?

Captain Lust said:
Hey all!

Just putting together the promised blog post, to cover things we showed at PC Gamer. A little time has passed but I was away the week directly after the event, and I did get the general impression most of what we said was reasonably clear (a benefit of actually talking about what we were showing this time!).

The reason I'm mentioning this is just that, for the next day or two, if there is anything we showed that you aren't quite sure about, now would be a very good time to ask a question and I'll try to make sure it gets answered for the blog. Obviously, I am also expecting a whole load of questions about things we didn't show or say and that's fine! :grin: but honestly the chances of getting an answer to those - right now - are lower. :razz:

Please feel free to leave your questions right here; I always read the thread anyway.

Cheers,

Frank

Some questions:

- Towns seems to be much larger than they were in Warband, but so far we saw tawern, blacksmith and marketplace which seems to be just small part of whole town, so what else we can expect to be there? Anything important or just some "houses to fill up the space"?
- Since towns looks huge can we expect some larger/complex quests that will take palce just in those towns?

- At PCG Weekender you mentioned that combat system is same as before but more advance. Can you say more about what is improved in combat system, any new features, mchanics or whatever? (all I know is that you can hit more targets with two handed weapons)

- Would you be able to lead your armies without participating battle? Pretty much same as any strategy game. (not sure if I want it tho :grin:, just curious)

- Will there be just crafting from the scratch or will you be able to upgrade already existing weapon, also what about crafting/upgrading armor, horse armor and will materials (some finest iron ore made by most skillful blacksmith into best blade in caladria) make some role in crafting?

- When can we expect some info about multiplayer and sieges?
- Will it be possible to spawn with just great lance and shield without horse in tournament in Bannelord? (coz I really hate when that happen in Warband)

Captain Lust said:
Hey all!

Just putting together the promised blog post, to cover things we showed at PC Gamer. A little time has passed but I was away the week directly after the event, and I did get the general impression most of what we said was reasonably clear (a benefit of actually talking about what we were showing this time!).

The reason I'm mentioning this is just that, for the next day or two, if there is anything we showed that you aren't quite sure about, now would be a very good time to ask a question and I'll try to make sure it gets answered for the blog. Obviously, I am also expecting a whole load of questions about things we didn't show or say and that's fine! :grin: but honestly the chances of getting an answer to those - right now - are lower. :razz:

Please feel free to leave your questions right here; I always read the thread anyway.

Cheers,

Frank

1.Will the recruitment and upgrade system remain the same (go to the nearest village, recruit bunch'o'peasents, chase some outlaws around, ???, peasents turn into elite soldiers), or will it be different?

2. In the OP bandit kings are mentioned. Are those the leaders of already existing factions (Sturgia, Battania, Aserai) or are they standalone leaders of their own minor factions, like bands of outlaws roaming the land?

3. Will criminal enterprises only supply cash or they could be used for other purposes (espionage, causing unrest, recruit outlaws in your army)?

1. Will we be able to capture towns/villages without having to capture the cities first?

2. Will players be able to have some sort of house or storage area for keeping weapons, armour, supplies, etc.?

3.  Will there be siege defence weaponry?
  (Boiling oil/water,  stakes,  man traps, etc.)

@Captain Lust

1: On the campaign map city icons seemed to have solid edge, maybe specific entrances, is that the case?

2: At 17.48 you said "Take a lord prisoner, EXECUTE HIM, take his weapon and use it to kill his whole family". Confirmed you can kill lords and they can have children?

3: While fighting the looters it appeared the NPCs took each other into account while pathfinding. Is that the case, and will it manifest in proper siege ladder use?

4: I saw no ports/ships in either video, is there still a possibility of their being implemented by the devs?

5: When you zoomed out on the map there were small brown cave-like icons, can you say what those were?

Cheers for this, hope you enjoyed your time back home :smile:.

Hi Frank.This is my first letter after registration and i want
to thank you and company were you work for this great games
which  through a fan of historu like I to go in past and become
a great warior.Tell please on some questions:

-Will there be law system? Some thing like "Sharia" in Aserai?

_Will there be random developments like this was in Viking
Conquest? Some thing like you character walk aruond the town
and see execution?

_Will there be cultural traditions on nations of Calradia?Some
thing like vendetta or bride kidnapping?

_Will there be system of missions where you work like tax collector or judge or diplomat and etc?

Captain Lust said:
Hey all!

Cheers,

Frank

Hey Frank! I noticed in the gameplay videos the player is quite easily pushed around by the AI, will it stay this way? I can imagine it'll be quite frustrating to get up ladders and get through crowded areas if it stays as it is in the videos. (example in spoiler)

https://youtu.be/bbrnPtybNd4?t=26m33s  :lol:

redwood36 said:
Regarding formation combat will there be some kind of AI that attempts to keep troops in formation and coordinate with each other? For instance a shield wall, a pike wall to defend against a cav charge. I'd llike to be able to see that a shield wall is faltering and shout out to shore it up some how.

Regarding cavalry, will there be any sort of harass mechanic or will their maneuvers be primarily driven by a charge?

I'd like to know about these too. In a related issue to the cavalry behaviour, I saw that not many of the Imperial infantry had spears, and almost none of the Battanians- is this low number of spears how it is going to be in the final game?

If so, is the lack of spears because the infantry cannot use them effectively against either enemy foot troops or cavalry, or is it because they are too effective against cavalry?

We saw in the inventory screen that there is an extra damage value for weapons. For example, swords have values like this; swing damage: 44+30 cut thrust damage: 30+23 pierce. In Warband it was just the 'cut' and 'pierce' value. What does this mean and what is its significance?

Will different types of armour provide different types of protection, such as padded garments protecting against blunt damage and mail against cuts?

Captain Lust said:

Bannerlord coop campaign? Base feature? Game flexible enough for it to be modded in without awful workarounds?

Why not make it a base feature and allow every mod to use it and increase its potential ten folds without having to lay down the groundwork themselves?
Just a simple all in party campaign co-op system, discussed it with so many friends and have never heard one who didn't want it. Most people won't care if they aren't the one leading the party, as long as they get to play with their BFF.

We just want to share the experience and play battles together controlling different groups in the army, infiltrate castles/towns together because a bot can't do that, play assassination attempts together, etc

Let us do it Taleworlds.

Hello Captain Lust, i just want to know if bannerlord, will have a oficial spanish translation, because i just dont want to wait several month for a fan translation to fully play and understand the game. Sorry for my bad english

Thought of some more questions clarifying what was seen in the video-

In the following video, at 21:39 we can see Ecarand's party has 130 men. The armies stop for the night and Ecarand's party drops to 129- what happened to that one soldier?

Do all parties have to stop moving at night, and if so is there any warning shortly before it occurs?

At 21:20 in the above video, there are two small icons that have appeared in the top right hand corner; settlement names beside coloured circles each with a catapult in. Presumably these are indicators of sieges; will other information be displayed in this manner and part of the screen and can you give examples?

At 19:23 in the above video we see the stats of the axe that Sten crafts, and its thrust qualities seem totally wrong. It has thrust damage of 64+24 pierce, whereas the sword he crafted has just 44+17 pierce. This is especially strange since the axe has no obvious pointed surface, in fact the top of the wooden shaft protrudes above the axe-head and would seem to be the part which would connect with an enemy. To do any piercing damage with an obtuse wooden stick would be absurd; will the crafting system be adjusted to stop such anomalies from occurring?

In the town menu, one of the icons at the top is said to show information about the town's walls. In the case of Ortysia, it has a wall value of 2, whereas the Battanian town value is 1. Does this represent some sort of upgrade that can be made to towns, or is the value fixed from the start of the game for each town, and what does it mean in terms of the walls we will see when besieging these towns? Are level 2 walls taller/thicker/made of stronger material or do they have some sort of development lacking in a level 1 wall, such as murder holes to shoot down at the attackers?

EDIT: By the way guys, just saw something interesting at 21:44- in the top right hand corner are more of those coloured circles. First what looks like a breached stone wall for the town of Nahlan, followed almost instantly by a second circle showing a white flag against the same town, suggesting the town has surrendered after the walls were breached. We saw the green circle with catapult inside just 25 seconds earlier, which suggests the commencement of either a siege or specifically an attempt to breach the walls. At 21:45, a third circle appears with hands gripping bars, next to the name Lord Ugly Penton  :lol:; obviously someone with a strange name has been imprisoned. So this discreet new system of displaying news seems to be used for many different things, something I personally am pleased by.

will be there coop?
When can we see some SIEGE video
When can we see some Multiplayer video? siege or tdm or something.
DO you like harry potter?

Captain Lust said:
Hey all!

Cheers,

Frank

1. Is Bannerlord in it's polishing stage or are you still adding new stuff?

2. Are the combat animations final? (courtesy of 578, he made me ask this cause he's muted.  :fruity:)

3. Do you play Bannerlord for fun, as a copy on your own PC for example? In your free time?

4. Can we make our characters ugly as all hell and defy the laws of physics like in warband?

Some questions yet:

-In blog 7 tells that we will have Jomsvikings,Fianna of
Ireland,etc,as I understand they are like free band that dont
oath any ruler of Calradia,my question is there be some bands
like Varangian Guard (it can be Sturgians) or Praetorian Guard
in one of Imperiul faction?

-Will there be hunting?

_Will there be not military communication with companions or
freandly lords,some thing like drink or hunting together?

_Can character to marry on pleb not lady?

-Can we run off from captivity like in Skyrim or Blood & Gold:
Caribbean?

Captain Lust said:

Will the AI lords command their armies independently on the battlefield, or will they be combined (messed up, actually)?
As far as my knowledge tells, it would be more realistic to have the warlords lead their detachments individually, rather than combined. Also, this would deepen the tactical aspect of the battles, since you'd have to take in account the moves of all the opposing (or allied) lords at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom