Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EZI0SREVALATION said:
I don't know if anyone else has asked this but are randomly generated companions confirmed?
it seems like when they are showing off the livestream of the City of Dumglanys a lot of the companions are like "Yien of Dumglanys" or something similar which seems to indicate that they are randomly generated

The game was setup as him being a lord. so they could show us mid game thats why he had the same companions....

Brador said:
But i'm still intrigued as to why some musics are the same from The Guild 2...

It is most probably a third party owned track that both games have a licence to use.

One little thing that I am hoping will be addressed is balancing of armour and weapon stats. The mail coat he looted from the Vlandians in the live stream was marginally heavier than the fur armour, and less protective- 12 body protection compared to the fur's 15. If the fur's defence can be taken as an accurate baseline, I would expect the mail to provide at least double the protection. I know we should be able to take this for granted, but I suppose I am paranoid because there are still to this day a few anomalies in Warband armour values (nomad armour is a fur and leather shirt with a metal disc strapped to the front, yet weighs 2.0, heavier only than the lightest of cloth shirts, and provides a very respectable 20 armour. Rhodok padded cloth weighs more than a ragged hotch potch of cloth and leather, but provides less protection).

I was also initially perturbed to note that the battle map was the same or looked extremely similar in both battles, and the same Vlandian lord was fought each time yet in a different part of the world map. But I now think this was deliberately set up for the purpose of showcasing the features that they wanted to within the time constraints of the demonstration; they needed the player to find both a friendly lord to bring along to show that feature (subordinating a friendly lord to join you) and an enemy lord. So to make sure it could be done quickly and not waste time searching the map and avoiding other interactions, they set up the lords in these positions in advance. For the same reason they probably made sure the same battle map was generated regardless of world map topography (or else placed the enemy lord in very similar areas of Vlandian land to get a similar result) so that they could demonstrate the enemy lord selecting a steep hill to use as a defence.

They say they are going to show us sieges next in the near future; I hope also to see a lot of the Khuzait and Aserai, as well as the aging system.

What i would say is that globably its looks really fantastic, the character creation system looks promising one of the best i've ever seen, only things i noticed its sometimes some characters got a little bit a "cartoonish" style with big noses big eyes and a soft flesh (some 40 years old guys seems like they have a baby flesh), and some helms that are looking a little too big compare to the head size.

Long Term Mount & Blader here - v0.502

just want to say a huge thanks to the Taleworld guys at PC gamer , they did an awesome job on the stream - loved the madness of the chat 

This game simply looks glorious and a huge step up in every area - Development team has done an amazing job
>I loved the weight and the momentum of that decimitating cavalry charge - actually shocked me!
>the weapon system looks awesome - cant wait to create my own deadly weapons
>The complete immersion of the towns and the different cultures - can clearly be seen between the two shows - one was empire etc

keep up the glorious works guys - kind of wish you didn't show us all this because now I need this in my life more than ever...

Hmm, I think hilt spam is still a thing. Will find video link again but Lust totally spammed the **** out of a guy with a shield using the left attack. Bit unfortunate that it hasn't been fixed.

It's at 3:11:08

Icey said:
What i don't get/like is why the brown horses have blond mares

Blond manes you mean? Happens in real life I believe.

Guaccmoleboy said:
Hmm, I think hilt spam is still a thing. Will find video link again but Lust totally spammed the **** out of a guy with a shield using the left attack. Bit unfortunate that it hasn't been fixed.

If you mean hitting close to the hilt of the weapon, it certainly didn't seem to be getting him fast kills, he was clearly doing far less damage with each strike than when he landed hits further along the blade.

EDIT: the bit you mentioned was when he killed a looter. The looter had already been fighting the companions, and bear in mind he also had feeble looter armour and was being hit with what appears, by the stats, to be a very high end two handed sword.

Dean Beecham said:
The game was setup as him being a lord. so they could show us mid game thats why he had the same companions....

They weren't all the same companions, though some came from the same settlements- they had different forenames. Of course it would be natural to have some of the same companions often, there are a finite amount as mentioned (60), but I am guessing that while the forenames, stats and appearance are fixed the supposed place of birth may be randomised, hence a couple of different companions' names ending in 'of Ambrela' or 'of Baltakhand'.

Icey said:
What i don't get/like is why all the brown horses have blond mares
Some bit of explanation.
Fnvae.jpg

Armaury said:
What i would say is that globably its looks really fantastic, the character creation system looks promising one of the best i've ever seen, only things i noticed its sometimes some characters got a little bit a "cartoonish" style with big noses big eyes and a soft flesh (some 40 years old guys seems like they have a baby flesh), and some helms that are looking a little too big compare to the head size.

Couldn't agree more with the helmet part, I just hope that your character doesn't look too clunckily outfitted, but rather to have it tailored to the specific character model you've customized it to.

DanAngleland said:
Guaccmoleboy said:

If you mean hitting close to the hilt of the weapon, it certainly didn't seem to be getting him fast kills, he was clearly doing far less damage with each strike than when he landed hits further along the blade.

EDIT: the bit you mentioned was when he killed a looter. The looter had already been fighting the companions, and bear in mind he also had feeble looter armour and was being hit with what appears, by the stats, to be a very high end two handed sword.

Yes, but considering he was still swinging incredibly fast with fairly little down time with the 2 hander, its probable that with a faster, less cumbersome 1 hander and with a bit of looking down/angling, hilt spam will return in its full glory.

DanAngleland said:

True, but still a tad worrisome for multiplayer, where left-swing-hilt-spam has always been cancer.

Was it just me, or was the horse combat pretty derpy? The player could turn on a dime at near full speed, and went into a silly diagonal slide on multiple occasions.

It seemed like the enemy cav was actually restrained by momentum, so perhaps the player had max riding skill or something. Even so, the enemy cav seemed to ride rather awkwardly.

I'm actually quite disappointed with what I saw.  When the big battle begun and I saw the troop controls and strategy options, I was like HELL YEAH! But as soon as the melee started the formations broke down and everything turned the usual chaotic mess like in M&B1 where everyone is just scattered across the map.

The other changes are nice, but minor... After all that wait, I thought they would come up with significant changes.

The combat looks exactly the same with slightly better animations.

Raoh said:
I'm actually quite disappointed with what I saw.  When the big battle begun and I saw the troop controls and strategy options, I was like HELL YEAH! But as soon as the melee started the formations broke down and everything turned the usual chaotic mess like in M&B1 where everyone is just scattered across the map.

The other changes are nice, but minor... After all that wait, I thought they would come up with significant changes.

The combat looks exactly the same with slightly better animations.

He charged everyone, no surprise it turned chaotic.

I just wanted to point out the massive economic improvements they made.  I think its crazy to think of all the variables that they considered.  They had the micro consequences of a petty gang in a town mixed in with the macro consequences of being at war.  It looks like the political system is also much deeper and I think that will enhance the game as well.

dont know if anyone has seen this pretty sure this wasnt shown in the stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVt0BR5GuMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom