Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yabloko said:
Dual-wielding is realistic, as long as you are on the losing side.

The use of weapon combinations in each hand has been mentioned for close combat in western Europe during the Byzantine, Medieval, and Renaissance era. The use of a parrying dagger such as a main gauche along with a rapier is common in historical European martial arts. Traditional schools of Japanese martial arts include dual wield techniques, particularly a style conceived by Miyamoto Musashi involving the katana and wakizashi, two-sword kenjutsu techniques he called Niten Ichi-ryū. Eskrima, the traditional martial arts of the Philippines teaches Doble Baston techniques involving the basic use of a pair of rattan sticks and also Espada y daga or Sword/Stick and Dagger. Okinawan martial arts have a method that uses a pair of sai. Chinese martial arts involve the use of a pair of Butterfly swords and Hook swords. Gatka, a weapon-based martial art from the Punjab region, is known to use two sticks at a time. The Thailand weapon-based martial art Krabi Krabong involves the use of a separate Krabi in each hand.

It should be noted that all the above-mentioned examples, involve either one long and one short weapon, or two short weapons. An example of a dual wield of two sabres is the Ukrainian cossack dance hopak and the martial art that originated from that dance Combat Hopak.

Source: Tim Dawson PhD (7 September 2010). Byzantine Infantryman. Osprey Publishing. p. 48. ISBN 978-1-84603-105-2.

:lol:

I`m amazed that you took your time to research and quote sources. That's frankly amazing. However, none of the quoted sources/periods/historical figures have a connection with the time period MB games are set in. A possibility of dual wield I could think of however, is bandits and/or peasants using 2 knives/hatchets as opposed to a knife and shield;soldiers in armies however would rarely resort to such tactics.

mightywolve said:
Yabloko said:
Dual-wielding is realistic, as long as you are on the losing side.

The use of weapon combinations in each hand has been mentioned for close combat in western Europe during the Byzantine, Medieval, and Renaissance era. The use of a parrying dagger such as a main gauche along with a rapier is common in historical European martial arts. Traditional schools of Japanese martial arts include dual wield techniques, particularly a style conceived by Miyamoto Musashi involving the katana and wakizashi, two-sword kenjutsu techniques he called Niten Ichi-ryū. Eskrima, the traditional martial arts of the Philippines teaches Doble Baston techniques involving the basic use of a pair of rattan sticks and also Espada y daga or Sword/Stick and Dagger. Okinawan martial arts have a method that uses a pair of sai. Chinese martial arts involve the use of a pair of Butterfly swords and Hook swords. Gatka, a weapon-based martial art from the Punjab region, is known to use two sticks at a time. The Thailand weapon-based martial art Krabi Krabong involves the use of a separate Krabi in each hand.

It should be noted that all the above-mentioned examples, involve either one long and one short weapon, or two short weapons. An example of a dual wield of two sabres is the Ukrainian cossack dance hopak and the martial art that originated from that dance Combat Hopak.

Source: Tim Dawson PhD (7 September 2010). Byzantine Infantryman. Osprey Publishing. p. 48. ISBN 978-1-84603-105-2.

How many times has an army relied on soldiers wearing a weapon in each hand? I'm pretty sure if you dig deep enough you'll find martial arts covering every kind of inconventional use of a weapon (and being deadly with it), but I haven't heard of an actual army relying on such techniques

Cookie Muncher said:
Or, you know, a cooldown.

Stamina is better. That way you can also add power attacks and maybe even double jumps.

Yeah, because if I can double jump, those dark times f****** should double jump too, y'know

This thread is getting a fantasy based bannerlord, a poor one.

And I apreciate for mightywolve source but, leave this all to MU, WOW and those MMORPG

Louis said:
Yeah, because if I can double jump, those dark times f****** should double jump too, y'know

This thread is getting a fantasy based bannerlord, a poor one.

And I apreciate for mightywolve source but, leave this all to MU, WOW and those MMORPG

The **** you saying, want to get reported? Double jumps are awesome and should be a must in all games. Also don't forget jetpacks.

Stamina is crap, War of the Vikings did it. It sucked ass.

Ignore dual wield suggestions, give us shield bash, warcries and taunts, I want to hit my sword on my shield ROLLO STYLE when an enemy is running to me.

Now that he mentioned daggers, Mercenaries mod got an ******* class called Thief. You get a dagger, backstab someone and when you kill him, you steal his gold and also a slight chance to steal an item.  :lol:

I'm honestly not too crazy about shield bash too, I mean it could be cool but at the same time, could be pretty garbo.
IMO, it would be fine no matter what in SP, but I care much more about MP, and shield bash in MP is very risky.

Rake said:
I'm honestly not too crazy about shield bash too, I mean it could be cool but at the same time, could be pretty garbo.
IMO, it would be fine no matter what in SP, but I care much more about MP, and shield bash in MP is very risky.

Well that's understandable, but at least give us taunts!

mightywolve said:

Wolve, the point is not that it did not happen, but rather that it's pretty much useless or inferior to other forms of fencing in a close-quarters battlefield situation. At least to my knowledge those european examples are all focused on duelling not battlefield combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom