Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir_Newton said:
go the way of major companies and publish unfinished **** like FO4 and Rome II

It's not just them being unfinished that is the issue.

Once the companies sell out, the entire nature of their games change for the worse.

The very essense of total war games went to s**t after M2TW, similarly, the Heroes of Might and Magic series went downhill after III / IV.

There are plenty of examples and that is why it is a good thing TaleWorlds is still holding their fort.
If you want an actual Taleworlds game, you will have to wait, otherwise you will end up playing a reskinned Warband on a console.

With all they've shown us I doubt they consider the game anywhere near ready for a beta of any kind. It's not like you lose anything by waiting for a good game to come out.

Well, if they are ready for beta and need testers, they know where to contact me...

Anyway, is anyone else seeing a broken or misconfigured SSL for the site on chrome? It started appearing right after they had it re-issued apparently.

Has anyone else read the pcgamer one page preview on the magazine?
“The new engine that we have is so much easier to work with for modders,” says Yavuz. “We’ll be supporting multiple mods together, so players will be able to cherry pick the mods that they want, and use them altogether to exactly customise their experience. If, for example, one changes the user interface, another edits some items, and another is some political thing, players will be able to combine those and play their dream game.”

That certainly sounds very good for sort of tweak and item addition mods like  those of Skyrim but I am wondering how it will compare to the Module system as far as having distinct mods with different maps and factions.

Now that I think of it, it may be a step up in many regards. I have been turned away from many mods by a lack of Diplomacy or, to a much lesser extent, Freelancer, and if I could have those mods raw on hand and plop them in my game along with whatever mod I was using that would be pretty great.

The only issue I can think of is how tedious it could be having to go through and disable mods before being able to play multiplayer.

Sir_Newton said:
The only issue I can think of is how tedious it could be having to go through and disable mods before being able to play multiplayer.

Unless the mods wouldn't affect multiplayer at all unless they are made exclusively for multiplayer, that would solve the problem :grin:

edit: I also hope that mods won't be encrypted like with the module system that without it you are limited to only edit text files, best if TW make them like Skyrim mods where everyone can open a mod in the creation kit (mod editor) and modify it further to his tastes, i've lost the count of how many times i wanted to change something in WB mods that could only be done with the module system.

I hope there will be some protection system for modders who want not share the source of their work. Too often happens others take your work (like a map) for their servers or mods without ask permission. When you spend a lot of time on something for your server or mod isn't nice to see it stolen.

K.A. said:
I hope there will be some protection system for modders who want not share the source of their work. Too often happens others take your work (like a map) for their servers or mods without ask permission. When you spend a lot of time on something for your server or mod isn't nice to see it stolen.
Maybe some sort of condensed mod file that isn't deconstruct-able, but getting that to be a thing would be hard.

There's an ever-watchful group that already checks for stolen content in Warband mods, I'm sure. That's most likely why some people get built-up reputations for stealing mod resources for their own mods/servers.

K.A. said:

I don't agree that there need to be some protection system for modders, i think that the community already do this work and we all only have to gain with an easy sharing of mods and mod resources, if a modder doesn't want his work to make his way to any other mod or compilation he just have to say it in the mod page, just take a look at the Skyrim modding community, i spent years there modding and using mods myself and it was RARE when someone stole the work of another modder to publish it as his own or as part of his mod without credits and permission and when that happened it was quickly discovered and that person lost his reputation in the community and was basically shamed for life there, but with the easy sharing and editing of mods everyone who knew his way around the modding tools could tailor the experience to his personal tastes, i myself had over 255 mods active in Skyrim and more than half that i had made changes and added things for personal use to have that "perfect" experience :smile:

vonbalt said:
K.A. said:

I don't agree that there need to be some protection system for modders, i think that the community already do this work and we all only have to gain with an easy sharing of mods and mod resources, if a modder doesn't want his work to make his way to any other mod or compilation he just have to say it in the mod page, just take a look at the Skyrim modding community, i spent years there modding and using mods myself and it was RARE when someone stole the work of another modder to publish it as his own or as part of his mod without credits and permission and when that happened it was quickly discovered and that person lost his reputation in the community and was basically shamed for life there, but with the easy sharing and editing of mods everyone who knew his way around the modding tools could tailor the experience to his personal tastes, i myself had over 255 mods active in Skyrim and more than half that i had made changes and added things for personal use to have that "perfect" experience :smile:

Yeah, one group stole one of the 15th Humans vs Bots maps a couple years back, they didn't even edit out the "Merry Christmas from the 15th" message in the snow behind the defender spawn lol

Is stealing content such a big problem in the M&B community? There were a few mods with stolen stuff but all of their authors we're given a lesson.

Yeah, it's up to the community to police theft -- it's not illegal when someone steals code or models from another mod, due to an unwritten agreement you sign when you buy the game. There's nothing worse than having a mod you can't make your own amendments to. That's how most modders here seem to learn, after all.

K.A. said:

What form would this protection take?

creuzet said:
Is stealing content such a big problem in the M&B community? There were a few mods with stolen stuff but all of their authors we're given a lesson.

Not as much now, as back when this game was in it's prime. Almost no one could come up with an original idea, yet if someone did, everyone & their mum would copy it (either exactly and not able to make it work as good or in a very sloppy manner that killed itself off very quickly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom