Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir_Newton said:
throwing weapons need no buffs. Perhaps less accuracy but a larger bonus against shields?

jacobhinds said:
The best system and the one most mods use is to have higher tier troops recruitable seperately from low tier ones. It's comical to have peasants turn into knights, and it's even more comical to have knights only come from peasants.

Also I have no idea why warband only lets you recruit from villages.

Hit the nail on the head. I like 1257's system that differentiates between village, town, and castle levies.

You know what would be cool is if recruitment was based on government type. the tribes and feudal kingdoms would have your recruitment a la anno domini style . The bulk of their feudal levies would come from towns and elite troops like knights would come from castles. But imperial factions could have a system based on professional soldiery. So their troops would come primarily from cities and regular grunts could go all the way to elite officer. the trade off could be that feudal levies are not as good as professional levies but elite feudal units are better than their imperial counterparts. It also works perfectly if they keep the rock paper scissors make up of each faction. Swadians/Vlandians knights could be better than the empires cavalry and nords better than their infantry but the empire would be able to field way more medium tier units of each.

Do not look here said:

I speak in general, I think the hands look okay in that screenshot considering the game is still in testing. Performance should not be an excuse to downgrade certain visual parts of the game(edit;when there are ways to work around it like:smile:, a battle sizer is in the game, use it. Also some screenshots to see some small details, I do not like how the long axes are held. It's unrealistic as hell in the replay video. A long axe is held by one hand in each lower and higher part. Fix it.

I will try to illustrate my thoughts on the current animations we have for bannerlord, dont bash me, this is just my opinion and my thoughts. Here we go:

*If this is a 2handed axe, there is no way someone would swing it with open palms. Please fix.
lBDxbI1.jpg

However this looks better on swords.
0ZKNXMG.jpg

It might cause problems on multiplayer and hit reg issues
X10hDxU.jpg

Stance is correct, but it's not ready for battle, it is a passive 2handed holding stance. Minor problem.
GesZDmU.jpg

Wrong holding if you plan on attacking someone.
9XVpAfO.jpg

A2cYKBL.jpg

I have put dots to the correct holding points.
TQEjUop.jpg

Finally, an image of a correct battle stance holder:
b81e1f66e9c4ae1845a181b569a42ecf.jpg

Also, in the video we see animation for getting hit by a weapon. In particular, the Sturgian guy (Wolf on head, armor robe) hits the guy on the opposite of him. The animation is very organic and natural. It looks really good.

The replay open hands definitely will be fixed I'm sure, clearly a weapon cannot be held with open hands. People keep saying that idle hands should be open and relaxed, but I think people are at least as likely to have their fingers curled slightly as they are to be extended. The shot of Cordalos fighting the player shows two women with open hands, so clearly the devs have done it for some NPCs- maybe they haven't got around to doing it for all or maybe they don't intend to have everyone with open hands all the time when idle.

I agree about the axe holding positions.

I clearly agree with you. I love Taleworlds for this reason, they really watch community and look what they say. I think that is the difference between taleworlds and most of game studios.

Axe animations definitely need to be touched up, but I am wondering if perhaps the reason they have not fixed it is because it may adversely affect the in-game performance of the axes.

I disagree that there should be no concessions in the graphics department to improve performance. To be perfectly honest, if going without skeletons for the hands could cram even 5 or so more guys on the field I would gladly make that sacrifice.

There is no need for finger skeletons, we saw that women has open hands (also some warriors has open hands while holding axes etc) and there is also closed hands. So, there is already 2 objects. It can work that way, when you pick one weapon your hand object would be changed to closed one, then when you put it back, your hand object would change to opened one.

578 said:
Do not look here said:

I speak in general, I think the hands look okay in that screenshot considering the game is still in testing. Performance should not be an excuse to downgrade certain visual parts of the game(edit;when there are ways to work around it like:smile:, a battle sizer is in the game, use it. Also some screenshots to see some small details, I do not like how the long axes are held. It's unrealistic as hell in the replay video. A long axe is held by one hand in each lower and higher part. Fix it.

I will try to illustrate my thoughts on the current animations we have for bannerlord, dont bash me, this is just my opinion and my thoughts. Here we go:

*If this is a 2handed axe, there is no way someone would swing it with open palms. Please fix.
lBDxbI1.jpg

However this looks better on swords.
0ZKNXMG.jpg

It might cause problems on multiplayer and hit reg issues
X10hDxU.jpg

Stance is correct, but it's not ready for battle, it is a passive 2handed holding stance. Minor problem.
GesZDmU.jpg

Wrong holding if you plan on attacking someone.
9XVpAfO.jpg

A2cYKBL.jpg

I have put dots to the correct holding points.
TQEjUop.jpg

Finally, an image of a correct battle stance holder:
b81e1f66e9c4ae1845a181b569a42ecf.jpg

Also, in the video we see animation for getting hit by a weapon. In particular, the Sturgian guy (Wolf on head, armor robe) hits the guy on the opposite of him. The animation is very organic and natural. It looks really good.
Exactly. The only time the second hand should be near the other is close to the END of the swing. You CANNOT swing an axe with any decent power if you swing it like a 2H sword. On the shorter 2H axes, say you are right handed, your right hand is at the axe head and slides down as you swing to guide the swing and then bring it down hard once your hand slides all the way down. Obviously you would have to switch hand positions to swing from the left.

The 2H axe swings in warband are terrible, only the Great Axes look halfway decent when its in Pole-arm mode.

Just look at his hand positions. I don't know what hes doing with his body, thats all kinds of wrong but hes got the hand thing right.

Sir_Newton said:
Axe animations definitely need to be touched up, but I am wondering if perhaps the reason they have not fixed it is because it may adversely affect the in-game performance of the axes.

I disagree that there should be no concessions in the graphics department to improve performance. To be perfectly honest, if going without skeletons for the hands could cram even 5 or so more guys on the field I would gladly make that sacrifice.

Performance, aside from the optimization part, is up to the owner of a PC. I dont want the game to be gimped because people are stuck on windows vista and 7 and older hardware. Everybody is upgrading at some point. Let's say that we agree to disagree here.

Also, dont burn me for this video, but the 2handed axe animations are close to reality in this game. Not exactly on point, but pretty good work.

578 said:
Sir_Newton said:

Performance, aside from the optimization part, is up to the owner of a PC. I dont want the game to be gimped because people are stuck on windows vista and 7 and older hardware. Everybody is upgrading at some point. Let's say that we agree to disagree here.
I only upgraded from Vista to use my new motherboard. Vista was the perfect girl for me, she ran everything beautifully and perfectly, I'm gonna miss her.

Axe animations in that game look great. Looks a little awkward with that footwork and speed though lol. I like how he switches hands when he switches sides, I'm not sure if warband does that.

@Dest,
I posted the video to show only the hand placement and swing animation. The foot work is clunky in that game. But it really gives you the feeling of a 2 handed weapon. The weight also feels great.

War of the Vikings is the worst game I have ever played. But there is very good shield system, it is something what I want to see in bannerlord.

Maestrro said:
Varrak said:
578 said:

Btw graphics are really good

You are totaly blinded or what?
This graphics is outdated as hell.
And it was outdated 2 years ago too.

I hope that they will improve it. terrain looks like remastered from warband.

Graphics don't truly make a game. Look at all the games out there with great graphics and crude content? Star Wars Battlefront anyone? Great graphics, almost no content.

Also, the formula Warband has is perfect for large scale multiplayer (200/200, pending server specs and other factors). Will Bannerlord still hold up to this or will all the new stuff (including higher graphics) drastically reduce multiplayer? We'll see, but singleplayer will probably make people wet  :iamamoron:

[15th]Harvain said:
Maestrro said:
Varrak said:
578 said:

Btw graphics are really good

You are totaly blinded or what?
This graphics is outdated as hell.
And it was outdated 2 years ago too.

I hope that they will improve it. terrain looks like remastered from warband.
cut

Graphics are crucial to immersion. The picture i've taken above was from a youtube video, of course it will look crap. Dont base your opinions on graphics on the pictures i've posted.

578 said:

Also, dont burn me for this video, but the 2handed axe animations are close to reality in this game. Not exactly on point, but pretty good work.

This game was faked up by devs who then abandoned it and ran away with cashgrab money to make other BS. Right now its complete mess.

Polearm option of nord axes using this animation. Anyways I realised there is no blood. And also what about realistic animations like beaheading, cutting off the body parts etc. And If they add ships, I wish they add rowing and sailing and crossbow reloading (cocking crank lever and winch devices) animations to NPC's and players too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom