Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RoboSenshi said:
Well the devs have never really been good at cultivating that kind of relationship with the fans and aren't very active in these threads. Apart from the rare times Armagan shows up, we're pretty much left to our own devices to speculate until a new blog shows up. That's been the norm for a while. I'm just saying it's better for people not to give meaning to something seemingly arbitrary cause they'll become upset when nothing happens. In that case it would be wrong to direct that disappointment towards the dev team.
The problem is , Medieval based sword game industry is not the same anymore. So since they are shy about showing their graphics they have to improve thier relationship with the fans. About not showing their graphics , I guess this is the best decision since they don't want to feel obligation to show bugged mechanics and all that other unfinished stuff , therefore they are lowering the hype inevitability but they atleast keeping their players still alive without seeing their rage after they saw these unfinished works and say "Jeez .. 3 years passed and was that all you can? Im out". So I like Taleworlds. I like their cold-blood actions about game development. Yet  , not everyone agrees with me about that. I know a lot of people who started to hate Taleworlds because they think , they don't give a buck about fans.
All I say is , they dont need to release new informations or blogs etc. All they have to do is act like they care about community more.

mike56 said:
TheAngrySword said:
mike56 said:
KTxQ5.jpg

Are you the man who created another one of these like 2 years ago before they released the screenshots on the announcement anniversary? ( With the flying knight).  I f#%%! love that thing.

No I'm not  :oops:

But I'm the guy who did... http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,249537.msg7981943.html#msg7981943

...which ended up being a hundred times more prolific.  :razz:

Bloc said:
The problem is , Medieval based sword game industry is not the same anymore. So since they are shy about showing their graphics they have to improve thier relationship with the fans. About not showing their graphics , I guess this is the best decision since they don't want to feel obligation to show bugged mechanics and all that other unfinished stuff , therefore they are lowering the hype inevitability but they atleast keeping their players still alive without seeing their rage after they saw these unfinished works and say "Jeez .. 3 years passed and was that all you can? Im out". So I like Taleworlds. I like their cold-blood actions about game development. Yet  , not everyone agrees with me about that. I know a lot of people who started to hate Taleworlds because they think , they don't give a buck about fans.
All I say is , they dont need to release new informations or blogs etc. All they have to do is act like they care about community more.
I agree on all points. I don't think people are looking for release dates and the latest gameplay video as much as they are just looking to feel involved in the development.

Z0mbiN3 said:
**** please no. Paradox is an EA wanna be, just much smaller. Surely they cash quite some money with the so called "expansions" which are a ripoff and ****loads of DLCs they have in their games, but then I rather prefer much more the way TW does and is doing things.

He was talking about how TW fail to interact with it's fanbase and seems to regard basic marketing as some black art best avoided. That has nothing to do with Paradox's DLC/expansions policy which you rather bizarrely responded with.

Yeah, i mean i don't have any marketing training but hire me and i could do a better job than Taleworlds who seemingly have no PR department and Not one marketing guy hired either.

CaptainLee said:
Z0mbiN3 said:
**** please no. Paradox is an EA wanna be, just much smaller. Surely they cash quite some money with the so called "expansions" which are a ripoff and ****loads of DLCs they have in their games, but then I rather prefer much more the way TW does and is doing things.

He was talking about how TW fail to interact with it's fanbase and seems to regard basic marketing as some black art best avoided. That has nothing to do with Paradox's DLC/expansions policy which you rather bizarrely responded with.

Paradox marketing is mainly because of their DLC policy, since most of the dev blogs are for the DLCs. Yeah sure, they answer to some people on dev blogs - not incredibly a lot tho -, which would be nice if TW did too, but then they'd reveal details they might not want to reveal. For some reason, TW is going very silently towards releasing the game. Many agree it's not the right way to do it, but that's because hype. I for once prefer to discover the little surprises they have prepared for us while playing instead of reading a small description of them on dev blogs.

Z0mbiN3 said:
CaptainLee said:
Z0mbiN3 said:

Paradox marketing is mainly because of their DLC policy, since most of the dev blogs are for the DLCs. Yeah sure, they answer to some people on dev blogs - not incredibly a lot tho -, which would be nice if TW did too, but then they'd reveal details they might not want to reveal. For some reason, TW is going very silently towards releasing the game. Many agree it's not the right way to do it, but that's because hype. I for once prefer to discover the little surprises they have prepared for us while playing instead of reading a small description of them on dev blogs.

What? Paradox DLC policy (which i also hate) has got nothing to do with their interaction with the community. Hearts of Iron IV has already had more than 26 dev diares. ****, STELLARIS has already had one, and its confirmed we will get one EVERY SINGLE WEEK until its release.

Though if you dont want info about the game, thats your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom