Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Lust said:
The honest situation is this: Atmospheres are undergoing some serious reworking right now. We want to provide a blog with screenshots but everything has changed so much that it's hard to take a good looking shot right now. We'll update you hopefully soon with a little bit of news... there have been a few goings on in the office lately.

What do you exactly mean by "atmospheres"? Is it about the rendering process?

Nevertheless, I would like a confirmation that the scenes are much bigger than Warband's. That's one main thing I really care about the Native module. Big, complete scenes with a varied environment. I'm pointing at Waband's half or split town scenes and small castles with a ridiculously close atacker spawn. If we have to speak about tactics and "flexible entries", we really need a place to put them in use. I have faith that the devs already have plans to adress this issue.

Scully said:
It's been scientifically proven that if you dislike multiplayer you are stupid. Please stop trolling golra
Thats a bit harsh.
I hope you are trolling as well :/
I don't like playing with people most of the time, especially my friends.
It's fun sometimes but its not something i want to always do.
Besides, TaleWorlds repeatedly stated that they want to develop unique games and focus on creating both the best single and multiplayer experience, so im fine with that.
Can we please just put this to rest -.-'

:roll:

Scully said:
It's been scientifically proven that if you dislike multiplayer you are stupid. Please stop trolling golra
Oh my God, I didn't know I was stupid. :sad:
But wait, I don't dislike it, I just prefer SP! Does that make me... semi-stupid?

RockerJesse said:
Multiplayer vs Singleplayer
Circle jerking
Co-op Campaign
Circle jerking
Other games like mount and blade
Circle jerking
Destructible walls during siege
Circle jerking
Unit formations
Circle jerking
Lack of info about Mount and Blade 2
Circle jerking
I think you forgot to mention some circle jerking somewhere between these.

gkx said there is wind in game, but I don't know if its something that effects gameplay.

The question he answered was also talking about wind effecting the route of arrows, but I don't know his answer was a "yes" to this as well.

Inanch-Bilge said:
The question he answered was also talking about wind effecting the route of arrows, but I don't know his answer was a "yes" to this as well.

Would be an interesting mechanic that, although you would need to have either an indicator for wind direction and speed or in game hints as to what it is (i.e. flags blowing). Would make the sort of pin point archery we see today more difficult but still possible, I like it.

Or you could just shoot an arrow and see where it flies as opposed to where you aimed at, and then adjust according to that. (Though of course branches of trees bending in the wind would be a nice thing, although very taxing on graphics cards and processors...)

If there is no effects of wind, then there is no point of having wind, tree leaves, grasses should move with wind, we can see how to shoot from them.

We also learned from blog 1 that hairs are moving, which I'm guessing wind would effect as well.

ryozu said:
Or you could just shoot an arrow and see where it flies as opposed to where you aimed at, and then adjust according to that. (Though of course branches of trees bending in the wind would be a nice thing, although very taxing on graphics cards and processors...)

Might be difficult to keep track of that if you are moving about and changing direction, especially difficult if the wind changes direction and you don't really want to fire a sounding arrow every time :wink:.

Although what I hope this would be is a factor that only really concerns more difficult shots like headshots, right now the level of skill of archers is at the point where they can headshot the majority of the time. This might make body shots a more reliable alternative and headshots or other accurate shots requiring either a risk to be taken in guessing blindly how the wind will affect the arrow, or being able to actually know how the wind would effect it making it much more difficult.

Uhhh.....??? I could seriously see how frustrating and annoying wind could be if it was implanted for affecting arrow flight. Imagine multiplayer maps with one side having the advantage because of the wind to they're backs. Depending on how it was implanted I see it making archery rather complex thus = less fun and more useless.
What makes archery so fun is being able to strike enemies with missiles from a distance( and that bows and arrows are just plain awesome). By adding how wind could affect arrow flight is too conflicting with the core aspect of archery in my opinion, thus making it no longer fun

Moronic said:
Uhhh.....??? I could seriously see how frustrating and annoying wind could be if it was implanted for affecting arrow flight. Imagine multiplayer maps with one side having the advantage because of the wind to they're backs. Depending on how it was implanted I see it making archery rather complex thus = less fun and more useless.
What makes archery so fun is being able to strike enemies with missiles from a distance( and that bows and arrows are just plain awesome). By adding how wind could affect arrow flight is too conflicting with the core aspect of archery in my opinion, thus making it no longer fun

Archery desperately needs another skill factor so we can have perfect turbonerd warriors fighting with bows too instead of just (two hander) melee weapons. Mounted combat could similarly use some more depth. Even with wind you will still be able to hit torso sized targets pretty easily in the ranges where mount & blade archery usually happens, headshotting will become more demanding to pull off and imo thats good?

Well I'm a big fan of M&B warband. I hope Bannerlord will be great too.

p.s I dont like With Fire and Sword at all. I just like old good medieval swords, axes, bows and stuff. Its so much fun. firearms change everything.

Styo said:
Release date was just announced!

Link in spoiler.

:mrgreen:

That's the fake one!!

I have real announced date for Bannerlord.
It is here in the spoilers:

6O5Ha.gif
Don't hate me :3 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom