Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
General von Hiller said:
a serious company who is listening to the community and don't try to get as much as money possible
Mm, to a point. There is a line which ought not to be crossed when it comes to listening to the community; and that's typically when the game begins to stray far from what was originally envisioned at the planning stage.

General von Hiller said:
Because that's what CA did recently with Rome 2. I'm still shocked how they made this stupid hellenic crap pack, cutting the game into pieces to get more money. It's ridiculous......

That's down to a mixture of business and reaching deadlines. Take Skyrim's development; between the game going gold (so that it could be released for 11.11.11) and the actual release the developers were given time to experiment and play around with the engine as they wished rather than working toward the release. You can check out the video over on Youtube; during this time most of the features that would be patched in or added via DLC (such as mounted combat, the high-def pack for PC, etc) were developed.

It's not really cutting the game into pieces; when you have a deadline to work to (as is often the case with non-indie developers) you don't really have time to include every last little bit of content (it might not be fully developed, fully tested, etc), and a great deal will be cut or kept back in order to be released later on as DLC/patch content. By keeping said content back it gives developers an opportunity to bug-test the game once it's gone gold, bug test any content and then release it when they feel that it is ready to go on the market. Ironic, given how buggy Rome II is at present.

Fair play, I can understand the criticism of a ton of micro-content; people would rather play full expansions, or not have to shell out any cash at all. However, churning out a regular stream of smaller content packages generally comes across as more affordable for the target audience; mid-teens onwards, university students, etc. £3.99 every two months or so isn't going to put as much of a dent in your wallet as £20 is.

That's just my view of the system as is, given how relevant it is to my career path.

My main concern is whether Bannerlord is going to be an open world version of War of the Roses or War of the Vikings, or if they'll throw caution to the wind and dare to revamp the combat mechanics. God, I hope it's not like the former. That would kind of ruin it for me.

Don't get me wrong, as long as they make combat feel less "floaty," rebalance fighter roles, make piercing not suck, improve sieges, and overall fix the engine imperfections then I'll be fine with the game. But IMO what the sequel truly needs is a step in a new direction.

Unity, unfortunately, has limitations. Some pretty damn irritating limitations at that.

War of the Roses uses Bitsquid, apparently. I've never played the game so I can't really vouch for the engine.

For some reason I thought M&B ran on Unity. I can't remember why, though. Maybe I'm just associating one pain in the arse with another.

General von Hiller said:
I just hope Taleworlds stays the way they are, a serious company who is listening to the community and don't try to get as much as money possible. Because that's what CA did recently with Rome 2. I'm still shocked how they made this stupid hellenic crap pack, cutting the game into pieces to get more money. It's ridiculous......
I seriously hope to hell they don't overlisten to the community and screw the game over, Nuclear Dawn made that mistake and they screwed themselves and their game over, they should just get feedback from the community but stay on their original objective

So uh, just a little question, hope you guys won't mind me asking but uh... ya know... where's that bannerlord info at, dawg?

Adorno said:
@ loopppppppp: I have reported you again. You are not contributing anything to this thread or forum in general.
Stop posting the same thing over and over!
I'm not sticking up for him, but why on earth did you create a standard in your head that people have to "contribute" in ...this thread? :roll:

James380 said:
why on earth did you create a standard in your head that people have to "contribute" in ...this thread? :roll:
Because that's generally how forums work. We can all goof around from time to time.
pd-Ul.jpg

The "where's that bannerlord info at, dawg?" tit is being an insufferable troll. There's a difference between some banter whilst commenting on the game itself and repeating the same thing over and over to annoy your fellow forumites.

Orchid said:
The "where's that bannerlord info at, dawg?" tit is being an insufferable troll. There's a difference between some banter whilst commenting on the game itself and repeating the same thing over and over to annoy your fellow forumites.

Well, maybe that's because he didn't get an answer to his question. I myself, am pretty interested where's that bannerlord info at, dawg?

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom