Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
War of the Roses combat mechanic? ... ... ... BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Sorry, but that makes me laugh. I haven't play this game for a while but when I did back in the days, fighting was just not cool: take a two handed hammer an swing. Watch people die. Occasionally, an archer would block the hammer swing with his nose. Great fun.
And horses were just.... terrible.

BTW, Chivalry, Medieval Warfare is muuuuch better than War of The Roses and in fact I like Chivalry multi better than M&B.

And I will pay much more than 30$ for Bannerlord if damn necessary 

Overall M&B is better because of its Single :smile:

Havent play much as an archer in Chiv (well, I got a hat) and yea, its not the best. But cutting peoples arms and legs off is a damn fun thing :wink:

Probably there will be no decapitations in Bannerlord. As far as I understand that it would kill most pcs, it still would look kick ass.

And funny thing, now when people mentioned that, the color scheme does look a bit like Risen! Lets hope the gameplay will be equally challenging (first Risen was hell of a challenge. Damn lizards)

I want this as wallpaper:
BannerlordArtwork_23.jpg
A pity the watermark is down, which interferes with the desktop bar. :mad:

Ivor said:
Overall M&B is better because of its Single :smile:

Havent play much as an archer in Chiv (well, I got a hat) and yea, its not the best. But cutting peoples arms and legs off is a damn fun thing :wink:

Probably there will be no decapitations in Bannerlord. As far as I understand that it would kill most pcs, it still would look kick ass.

And funny thing, now when people mentioned that, the color scheme does look a bit like Risen! Lets hope the gameplay will be equally challenging (first Risen was hell of a challenge. Damn lizards)

I disagree, for me the multiplayer is the most important thing. But, I wouldn't want singleplayer out of the game either.

Singleplayer should be the main focus after they get the basic mechanics working. Warband saw improvements, but it's still severely lacking in terms of AI, high level gameplay and such. They got the mechanics working well for enjoyable multiplayer. Not that it shouldn't receive any polish.

People were talking about a lack of Nords. There not being Nords at all would make sense lorewise, because IIRC they only gained a foothold after the empire was gone, but this concept art makes me think there's going to be some Nord stuff. The third tower to the left is obviously Norse inspired. Just google image search a stave church if you don't know what I mean.

BannerlordArtwork_16.jpg

The Bowman said:
You must be kidding me, right? Half of the game is about Nords already.
To me it looks like the Nords have been converted to a general Celtic culture.
Many of the houses, walls, and towers/forts are more Celtic/Germanic than Nordic/Viking.
All in all a step back in time (with late Roman/Byzantine). A good disposition in my opinion.
The factions look more thought through. Bravo!

I had a lingering thought that taleworlds would cut back on the Nords somehow when paradox was out of the way. I still hope I'm wrong though.

I personally think celtic/gaulic etc. etc. is extremely tame/lame in comparison to vikings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom