Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bowman said:
You like the Warband animations? Running in this game is no better than Mario.

Given the technology they used it's still pretty good. The "sliding" effect is not that noticable and in TPP you can almost feel the "weight" of your charater as he moves. I would say that they did a better job than lots of devs in their AAA titles.

Of course more diversity in animations (like few animations for each directional attack) and (as said in the interview) taking weapon weight under consideration in combat system would be great.

Hmm, I think it would be great to have more outside sounds, such as wind, whistling, trees blowing, ect. Perhaps even have more shouting and chanting or more profanity, as-well as adjustment sound to your environment. For example, you could have echoed shouting when inside a large building.

For me the most important new feature they could add would be replays. Being able to save a replay of a singleplayer or multiplayer battle would be awesome not only to watch your past glories, but also to learn how to get better at multiplayer. It would also help people make videos about the game too and machinima's.

I honestly think if you give people the opportunity to watch replays of their mistakes they will pick up on them and watching replays of what other players and teams do will definitely help everyone improve in general.

Yeh, shouldn't be impossible either. The movement/facing data for all players is already being transmitted, there just needs to be an option to write it to file. It's the viewer that would require coding (though basically just modify the game engine to read a file instead of network interface data).

But WTF do I know, I suck at coding.

Sivy said:
I would say that they did a better job than lots of devs in their AAA titles.
While I don't play that many AAA titles made by big-name devs, you do have a good point. For example, Skyrim's melee combat system is basically crap when compared to that of Warband. 

8 more days and it will be a year since they "announced" Bannerlord! Get ready for our 1 year announcement anniversary!

My predictions:

September 27, 2013 - They will launch their new website. On the main site will be featured 5 in-game screenshots of Bannerlord. Every other week they will release screenshots, interviews, and material about the game until it's release which will be in Q2 2014.

Styo said:
September 27, 2013 - They will launch their new website. On the main site will be featured 5 in-game screenshots of Bannerlord. Every other week they will release screenshots, interviews, and material about the game until it's release which will be in Q2 2014.
Yes sir, of course you're right, sir. The mental health ward is right down the hall to the left, sir.

I have no doubt that they will release some kind of news in these next few days until the 27th. They made a promise and I'm pretty sure they will keep it.

Antar said:
I have no doubt that they will release some kind of news in these next few days until the 27th. They made a promise and I'm pretty sure they will keep it.
Yeah, because they're really good at that.

Sartek said:
Like more info in the following months? Do you think it was a typo and they meant to write years?  :razz:

Give them until the end of September 27.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Antar said:
Yeah, because they're really good at that.

Please don't ever reply to my posts ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom