Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rallix said:
GlorvalhirSRB said:
Whoever has the post that passes to 1000 pages has to sum up what we want in Bannerlord from all the arguments..
Hoho, then it is time to be writing.
PTWarrior said:
You idiot. I should have known Mr. Green would defeat us. He always wins.

The fact is that the community as a whole has no clear and definitive vision of Bannerlord.
Thousands of us ask for a thousand quibbles and features and fritters each.
"Give us everything you can, and infinitely more."
How did we get to this point, people asking for what cannot be given? They want some game that will make them so satisfied after playing it, that they will not need to play another game again.

It is so, because a man in his underwear made something simple and ugly. Then he put it out there, and made this forum. All it was, was an idea.
.202(Warrider, Way of the Sword), Mount & Blade, Warband. That same simple, ugly idea has become complex and beautiful. More than the work of one man. The ideas and work of many people turned it into this great game. Armagan could not have done it alone any more than any of us could have.

But now people have played and played, and they want more. The Native module itself is only a template for the possible adventures which lay within the mind of the player. Mods over and over again broke(and break) the boundaries of what the players have been able to experience in this 20 dollar indie game.
Truly, the game is limited only by the player's imagination, and by the sandbox within which he sits. The engine.

Yet some players expect the native Bannerlord module to be better than any of the Warband mods combined.

Taleworlds cannot give us these thousand thousand features. Everyone who thinks the base game is where they will find their supreme game, are mistaken, and will be disappointed. Having features which you yourself do not have to mod into the game is nice, and very necessary to attract new players initially.
However, people always get bored of a single set of features, whether after one hour, ten, a hundred, or a thousand.
Eventually they see that they themselves are the only ones who will make this the greatest game ever.

The idea of Mount & Blade, is that the community makes the game. This is why I think TW is great.

What list of features can I then impose on Taleworlds, for this thousandth page?

Give us only what you have promised. You promised an evolution of the same thing we have known.
You have promised us a sandbox which is much more modifiable than the one which you first gave us, and a base game with a little more polish.

I will be happy with this. Keep doing your best, adding the most requested features in Alpha, and carefully weighing our criticisms when the Beta comes.
Do what you are able to, as you are able. I am confident they are doing just that.

No game has ever been great because people asked for it.
The developers release the game. The players make it.
88709-the-simpsons-nelsons-laugh.gif

Nice reply btw, I agree with all.

Rallix said:
GlorvalhirSRB said:
Whoever has the post that passes to 1000 pages has to sum up what we want in Bannerlord from all the arguments..
PTWarrior said:

The fact is that the community as a whole has no clear and definitive vision of Bannerlord.
How did we get to this point, people asking for what cannot be given? They want some game that will make them so satisfied after playing it, that they will not need to play another game again.

It is so, because a man in his underwear made something simple and ugly. Then he put it out there, and made this forum. All it was, was an idea.
.202(Warrider, Way of the Sword), Mount & Blade, Warband. That same simple, ugly idea has become complex and beautiful. More than the work of one man. The ideas and work of many people turned it into this great game. Armagan could not have done it alone any more than any of us could have.

But now people have played and played, and they want more. The Native module itself is only a template for the possible adventures which lay within the mind of the player. Mods over and over again broke(and break) the boundaries of what the players have been able to experience in this 20 dollar indie game.
Truly, the game is limited only by the player's imagination, and by the sandbox within which he sits. The engine.

Yet some players expect the native Bannerlord module to be better than any of the Warband mods combined.

Taleworlds cannot give us these thousand thousand features. Everyone who thinks the base game is where they will find their supreme game, are mistaken, and will be disappointed. Having features which you yourself do not have to mod into the game is nice, and very necessary to attract new players initially.
However, people always get bored of a single set of features, whether after one hour, ten, a hundred, or a thousand.
Eventually they see that they themselves are the only ones who will make this the greatest game ever.

The idea of Mount & Blade, is that the community makes the game. This is why I think TW is great.

What list of features can I then impose on Taleworlds, for this thousandth page?

Give us only what you have promised. You promised an evolution of the same thing we have known.
You have promised us a sandbox which is much more modifiable than the one which you first gave us, and a base game with a little more polish.

I will be happy with this. Keep doing your best, adding the most requested features in Alpha, and carefully weighing our criticisms when the Beta comes.
Do what you are able to, as you are able. I am confident they are doing just that.

Damn, I got amazed with your post. I'm emotionaly sick now.
Taukkikaheli said:
PTWarrior said:
1000! :mrgreen:

It's mine muahahahah!

Fail
I had to edit my post because I had to let the creator of the thread win. I hope he gets a biscuit :wink:

But I was about to post dis as nr.1 post http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_DqV1xdf-Y

*sad panda*

Anyways, congratz on reaching page 1000 guys! Now let's go back to doing absolutely nothing and spamming the **** out of this thread!

gl, hf

I just wanna thank my mom for buying the game
I also wanna thank amazon for delivering this
I wanna thank steam aswell for me buying it and dlc
I wanna thank my mom again for birthing me so i can play the game
I wanna thank paradox for publishing the game
I wanna thank the awesome community for making culz modz for da game
I wanna thank my friends for playing with me in the game
I wanna thank my chair for letting me sit my fatass on it 24/7 to play the game
I wanna thank my mom a 3rd time for buying me taco bell and mountain dew while playing the game
I wanna thank my eyes for not failing on me as I stare at the screen till I run out of mountain dew
I wanna thank Asus for making my partly ****ty computer in which I can actually run the game
And 1 big thank you to my speakers for playing the sounds, the game wouldn't be the same.

and thank you taleworlds

Rallix said:
GlorvalhirSRB said:
PTWarrior said:

This, we're looking at the perfect post right here. Great job, my boy.

I've been away from this thread for some time, how's things are hangin' up here? It seems we have reached 1000 page. Have someone already ordered drinks and strippers, eh?

Another suggestion TW, we wanna hear very medieval feeling ambient an thus some medievalish music, something like this for example, it is very important imo:

Hey guys, in just two days, it will be the 4th anniversary of Mount&Blade: Warband, the date of 30th march is always on my mid, because the time i spent waiting the game to be released and purchase it some time ago.

I think that TW could give us some interesting info or one or two features, like a celebration gift for that date... :razz:

By the way, they tweeted this survey: http://t.co/QqQaPDFp77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom