Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumos said:
Antar said:
Lumos said:
Rebelknight said:
Lets roast Lumos!
I'm up for it, to be honest. But only if I'm covered with mayonnaise beforehand.
I volunteer! I'll spread it with my hands nice and slow... :wink:
IIRC, you're not affiliated to our company any more, and I do have masseuses, so thank you, but your services are not required.

Damn it.
:cry:

Grumpy181155 said:
Don't forget to add the Tabasco, just to make it a bit more interesting :smile:

Good idea but I don't think I'll be needing that now...
*sniffle*

Lumos said:
timmybus said:
4) Duel wield weapons, left click left weapon right click right weapon, maybe be able to attack different direction with each on attack, would require a lot of strength or you will block/ attack slow
Let me guess, blocking is done by clicking the two buttons together? Or maybe another arbitrary button unrelated to blocking?
I think it should be made like that: 1st LMB click - moves weapon nr.1 --- 2nd LMB click moves weapon nr.2 (without having to wait for the 1st weapon). So basicly - every second click swings the opposite weapon and you don't have to wait between the swings.

Also, holding LMB for a longer period makes you swing both weapons in same direction. Block is RMB as usual (if available for dual wield).

Danik said:
Lumos said:
timmybus said:
4) Duel wield weapons, left click left weapon right click right weapon, maybe be able to attack different direction with each on attack, would require a lot of strength or you will block/ attack slow
Let me guess, blocking is done by clicking the two buttons together? Or maybe another arbitrary button unrelated to blocking?
I think it should be made like that: 1st LMB click - moves weapon nr.1 --- 2nd LMB click moves weapon nr.2 (without having to wait for the 1st weapon). So basicly - every second click swings the opposite weapon and you don't have to wait between the swings.

Also, holding LMB for a longer period makes you swing both weapons in same direction. Block is RMB as usual (if available for dual wield).

See, this is the problem. Even though dual wielding doesn't make sense in Mount and Blade some people still insist on it. And even if they do add it, it was not used in the way you described. This "dual wielding", which isn't what dual wielding was, you propose is just as silly as adding a fireball magic skill.

Antar said:
See, this is the problem. Even though dual wielding doesn't make sense in Mount and Blade some people still insist on it. And even if they do add it, it was not used in the way you described. This "dual wielding", which isn't what dual wielding was, you propose is just as silly as adding a fireball magic skill.

Care to explain your position a little better? Seems very negative with no apparent rationale.

Maybe you could do dual wielding just by putting one weapon offensive, other defensive. X switches the roles. Could be easy to implement if there's already possibility to have a left handed character.

That being said, I don't think it's a necessary feature.

Danik said:

That would transform you in a spam machine, being able to attack twice faster, and to block as always...
I dont see any of those examples in the game, the ONLY dual wielding that i could accept is the visual one, you could have two weapons, but they will attack always in the same direction, like you only had one, even with a little more damage if you hit. (like 1/6 more, i dont want two handed weapon damage, in a short distance and as fast as one handed, no plus damage would be ok too).

Meevar the Mighty said:
Antar said:

Care to explain your position a little better? Seems very negative with no apparent rationale.

How about you go do some reading on the fighting systems and fighting styles of the middle ages  :grin:

Dual wielding wasn't about swinging two weapons at once or right after each other. Other weapon (often dagger) was used defensively and in appropriate instances stabbing enemy to the face.

Primi said:
Dual wielding wasn't about swinging two weapons at once or right after each other. Other weapon (often dagger) was used defensively and in appropriate instances stabbing enemy to the face.

Exactly, I had a drawing of some ottoman artilleryman with his sword on his right hand and some other little sword(which had the length of a gladius or shorter I guess)

But implementing that kind of thing in multiplayer wouldn't be so nice Imo.

Meevar the Mighty said:
Talking to me, sunshine? :???:

Yeah he is, moonlight.
Dual-wielding, as most of us imagine it exists only in video games and movies, no historical accuracy (looking at M&B:W factions in the medieval times) except maybe the sword+dagger combination.. So it would be like fireballs..
It doesn't give you much advantage and if it would everyone would spam it..
Only visual or only single-player would be fine for me..

Alene said:
... if there's already possibility to have a left handed character.
On that train of thought, left-handed characters, please. :razz:

Cunobelin said:
Am I qualified?
Are you a professional masseuse with at least six years of experience? If yes, you can apply.
And I know you're lying about Saddam. We know exactly how the events turned out that time, and you don't seem to be involved in them, sorry.

Leonidas300 said:
Suggestion to TW about siege: Take a look at Way to Expiation siege system, look at this and take it as an example>

Why don't they push that ram while under the cover of the ram?
And why does it have the same sound affects as M&B. Sorry I'm not familiar with this game

:Edit: Oh wait! This seems to be a Russian mod I believe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom