Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DanAngleland said:
The magazine is available on the 9th of March. My source is the back page of the March issue, which itself was on the shelves in early February.

Mark your calendars/ cross your fingers. It might also just be a written summary of the hour of gameplay.

Plovercrest said:
DanAngleland said:
The magazine is available on the 9th of March. My source is the back page of the March issue, which itself was on the shelves in early February.

Mark your calendars/ cross your fingers. It might also just be a written summary of the hour of gameplay.

What hour of gameplay?

Nevermind, I found the info you are talking about... next time I should expand all spoiler tags :razz:

I would not want to see another hour of single player game play. Unless everything they are going to show is something new that is.

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves, we don't know that the gameplay was even recorded by Taleworlds or PC Gamer, only that PC Gamer watched Captain Lust play the game for an hour.

jackalj said:
I would have thought the empire would be the great allrounder faction. But they have good cav and archers. Would have expected a roman type faction have great infantry instead of cav and archers.

From the whole list if feels as if the Battanians are going to be the weakest, with only good archers (probably the best archers in the game) what are they going to do when every faction with good cav (all of them except the Battanians and Sturgians) come close...

Ofcourse this doesn't mean that they don't have any infantry or cav. but I assume that those units will be thorn to shreds by the other factions equivalent.

Well, battanians are forest rangers, and cavalry best weakness is the eratic placement of trees on their way.

Battanians will have to use terrain to their advantage to counter those armies, so much as they will be weaker on bare plains, they will excell in forest and mountains. To me, I see good balance potential, we'll have to see the way it was done. I can't wait to play as a Battanian :grin:

DanAngleland said:
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves, we don't know that the gameplay was even recorded by Taleworlds or PC Gamer, only that PC Gamer watched Captain Lust play the game for an hour.

That's likely what the case is, no video, just an article. Usually how magazines do this sort of thing, in my experience. Why read about it/buy a a magazine when you can just watch a video?

Hopefully I'm wrong.

kalarhan said:
jackalj said:
Battanians are going to be the weakest, with only good archers

looks like they will be hard to invade and conquer with ambushes, good natural defensive position, etc, but won't focus on expansion (unless the player interferes)
I'll most likely be going with Battania. They seem fun. Would be cool to set up ambushes in forests and have a whole Robin Hood sort of deal going on. Big squad of archers and decent infantry. None of that heavy armor lordly knight ****. This might mean that they have balanced the use of light, medium, and heavy armor, so that it's actually useful to run around with light armor instead of heavy. And yeah, it does seem like they're the underdogs, so it would be fun to bring them to victory.

I'm actually very excited for that faction now. Can't wait. I sure as hell hope that the 1 hour gameplay video is what we're getting. But it could just be that when Lust said we could expect something in March, he just meant this magazine. If that's the case, and that's all we're getting this month, I'm gonna be a little disappointed. Didn't really gain a whole bunch of new information from what we've read in these leaks. A lot of it seemed sort of obvious; you know, reworked everything, new systems, and things like that. The most interesting bit for me was probably the last part with the factions list and short descriptions.

vonbalt said:
Damn i loved the cover art of that magazine, it reminds me the style of the Conan the barbarian covers.
http://i.imgur.com/LKFoufA.jpg

My thoughts exactly! And it's quite an intertesting coincidence thgat these recent artwork look so much like "hyborian" comics...
The way the sandbox works in M&B games reminds me a lot of conan's adventures, ya know. He was many times hired as a mercenary, thief, prisioner, slave, bandit, more than once ended up with his private own army fighting for a foreign king, wandered trough deserts, forests, tundra and grasslands and raided tombs and such (as it seems it will be possible on Bannerlord... dungeons at least). Basically, all the stuf you do in talewords games. He finally settled down by conquering his own kingdom on a civil war... just like it happens on the most common end game of warband. I wonder why nobody ever tried to make a Conan mod for warband... it would be amazing if anyone makes it for Bannerlord. M&B games are probably the only ones that feature all the core stuff from Robert Howard characters' adventures.

VictorF said:
Oh, btw, in another topic (that's why I didn't just edited my last post) I clearely remember Lust saying there would be underground "raidable" dungeons in Bannerlord... does anybody remember the same? It was from around the time of that tech demo showing the scene making tools and such... 

When was that? I dont remember ever hearing anything even remotely close to that.

MrMundy said:
VictorF said:
Oh, btw, in another topic (that's why I didn't just edited my last post) I clearely remember Lust saying there would be underground "raidable" dungeons in Bannerlord... does anybody remember the same? It was from around the time of that tech demo showing the scene making tools and such... 

When was that? I dont remember ever hearing anything even remotely close to that.

Me either. Not to mention that that style doesn't really fit Warband's style let alone Bannerlord. I'm open to ideas, but dungeon-raiding doesn't seem to be a viable one.

Gulf_Of_Afa said:
This may help you.

Bloc said:
All pages in one post.

Page 38
A smooth breeze hitting on my face. Swinging of tree branches and leafs are hypnotizing me. But I need to focus, because my opponent is waiting for me at the edge, near the hut. I’m at the top of a ruined tower on one hand I’m over watching site which ends at underground dungeons. This battlefield is already filled with traps that cannot be overseen. A single step can let you fall and die. Again, I’m looking toward to my opponent. He is walking to me with cautious steps. His plate armor shining and blocking my vision in a way. A worn shield on my back, my sword which tied to my belt on my right side and my bow on my left side. By trusting my skills, I’m sending an arrow to my opponents feets. He is halting for a second. Then I’m shooting another arrow but this time arrow hits an rock and bounce. Then I realize that this is quite useless. You can’t win a fight without clashing your sword. I’m putting my bow to its place and taking my shield and sword on my hands. While my opponent taking a strong position on the ruined tower side I’m slowly moving down from the hill. When my feet hit the ground , I slowly drawing my sword. We are looking to each others for a moment and I realize that my opponent is actually a woman. It is clear from her body that she trained for fights like this but Im not able to catch all details from her armor. And then she starts to attack me ..  And here the first multiplayer battle of Mount&Blade Bannerlord begins like this.
Page 40
*Article about being a women in this sector
*Nothing new

Page 41
*Article about why it is good to have your own game engine.
They are talking about bigger better map, better graphics, faster gameplay and a solid game. He is telling that how Frank try to estimate new map’s size. Which is 4 times larger than Warband’s(Approximately). From reporters inference, we learn that they are taking date 300 years before from Warband because they want this game’s story much more stronger than Warband. Then he is talking about world map, rivers etc and he is saying that “and now in Bannerlord seasons will affect strategies. Winter will come from the North. And the castles in the strategy map are already made with textures for showing such differences. 
Then we are asking will viewing distance reduce at rainy weathers? Will there be a fog in the map at certain times? After listening my questions Frank Elliot says “We are still discussing the effects of seasons

It was not Lust himself and I seemed to have completely changed the context and the owrd in my head, hahahaha

I think I found it, it's a sort of  text from a translated megazine page describing a scenario in the game,with underground dungeons on it. There you go.

I'm gonna erase my latest post to not sound like a troll now.
------------------
Flying Dutchman said:
I remember Lust mentioned that there will be mysterious quests, but I don't think that dungeon is one of them.

I really believe would be nice to be able to raid some underground ruins. As long as they don't put any enphasys in that, I mean.
------------------
Edit by Count Delinard: Please do not create new replies if the last one is already yours, edit your previous post as to avoid flooding the thread with new messages

[size=10pt]
Archonsod said:
Taleworlds Forum Rules

No Spam
Spam clogs up the forum, makes relevant and accurate information harder to find and causes the forum to slow down for everybody. The definition of ‘spam’ includes, but is not limited to, the following actions:

• Posting twice with the same sentence or similar ideas — please condense these into one post
  • Multi-posting — if you need to add something, and yours was the last post in the thread, edit your last post instead of adding a new one
  • “Meme” images — especially when not accompanied by text
  • Posting the same thing across multiple boards, whether this is the same topic across multiple boards, or the same reply across multiple threads
  • Quote pyramids — quotes imbedded within quotes which serve no purpose

Some interesting points I found in the PCgamer article:
-Quests will be procedurally generated and have multiple choices/outcomes.
-One faction will be openly hostile to you from the onset of your walkthrough; the Khuzaits. Perhaps they are like a mongol horde attempting to invade Calradia.
-Tournaments are better balanced and offer bigger rewards; the character in the playthrough recieved 'expensive armour'.
-NPCs can recruit troops for you, depending on your relation, you will get better and more troops if you are friendlier with them.
-Interesting scenario mentioned, where player has the option to be honest or lie, which in my opinion will provide a really immersive experience, as you can determine what your character's personality is like through actions/dialogues.

jackalj said:
From the whole list if feels as if the Battanians are going to be the weakest, with only good archers (probably the best archers in the game) what are they going to do when every faction with good cav (all of them except the Battanians and Sturgians) come close...
They also have dangerous infantry and cavalry with two-handed axes.
13149340.png
13142172.png

AmateurHetman said:
Some interesting points I found in the PCgamer article:
-Quests will be procedurally generated and have multiple choices/outcomes.
-One faction will be openly hostile to you from the onset of your walkthrough; the Khuzaits. Perhaps they are like a mongol horde attempting to invade Calradia.
-Tournaments are better balanced and offer bigger rewards; the character in the playthrough recieved 'expensive armour'.
-NPCs can recruit troops for you, depending on your relation, you will get better and more troops if you are friendlier with them.
-Interesting scenario mentioned, where player has the option to be honest or lie, which in my opinion will provide a really immersive experience, as you can determine what your character's personality is like through actions/dialogues.
The sentence is not very clear but I think it is more like"Each campaign will have you start at odds with a faction e.g: the Khuzaits for Yasmine.

AmateurHetman said:
According to the faction description, they seem to be swept out of the eastern steppes. Makes me think that they were pushed back from the eastern steppes and forced to enter Calradia in order to expand and not cease to exist. I guess this could mean that they weren't originally planning to invade Calradia like that, but are now forced to. I don't know if this changes anything, but just some cool lore, I guess.

The way I understood the quest system was more like some of the quests we have in Mount & Blade already. You know how there's countless of possibilities for the 'Hunt Down this Nervous Man Lookin' Ass' quests? How he doesn't always have to be in the same village. How you don't always have to deliver a letter to the same person. How you don't always have to scout the same fiefs when in war. The way I understood it was that every quest now takes this path. There's a template that it works with, and randomly chooses different sets and puts them together like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom