Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a realistic point of view, probably we will not get any relevant information (release dates, beta ecc.) before the E3. I hope to be wrong.

JuJu70 said:
The engine guy left in Jan 2016, it may take quite some time for other engine guys to pick up and they may not necessarily have the same vision. So I'd say they showed old stuff but there was no (visible) progress so there is nothing to show.

This is rather worrying.

DanAngleland said:
People read too much into Lust saying that it was their goal to get the game to us in some form by the end of 2016. That doesn't mean it was a firm deadline; failing to achieve what they were aiming for doesn't mean something identifiable necessarily went wrong (it could have done, but I see no reason to jump to that conclusion), or that anything went wrong at all- it probably just means the inherently unpredictable process of refining and balancing various features to the point where they are suitable for public participation didn't go in their favour for a 2016 release- it could have done, but it didn't. That's the way I see it. I doubt Taleworlds are puzzled or fretting over not managing to get it out in 2016, they probably knew all along that it was possible it would take longer.

Indeed.  They could easily have it currently on schedule, in a form that fans would be able to play, but keep wanting to polish a bit more before showing us. Anyone who's done something creative knows what that's like.

"Been working on this for ages, it's acceptable, should probably just submit it already....actually just one more change....huh this bit needs a little more work too...ok NOW it's ready...but can't send it off with that imprefection...hmmm and also here..."

Even with all the work-in-progress-early-access-alpha-stage-unfinished caveats plastered all over it, it's still nerve-wracking letting people get their proper first impression. Can't blame 'em.

CaptainLee said:
Jostino said:
Guys, we are wasting time, just keep calm and wait.

Discussing the reasons why we are waiting I would hardly say is 'wasting time'. Surely bothering to post here at all is more conducive to that term with the current dearth of information.
In the end, if they won't release new informations about the game you'll can only imagine what they are doing or what they are not doing. Is this useful? meanwhile in these dead times you could spend your time in other thousands ways. I only think that we are giving too much of our times to grow up the hype and we are not receiving nothing in return.

Jostino said:
In the end, if they won't release new informations about the game you'll can only imagine what they are doing or what they are not doing. Is this useful? meanwhile in these dead times you could spend your time in other thousands ways. I only think that we are giving too much of our times to grow up the hype and we are not receiving nothing in return.

So what should we be discussing? What is going to be 'useful'? Rationally discussing the potential reasons for the lack of substantive information I think is a perfectly reasonable way to determine the state of the game. The forum was presumably put up to promote discussion of the game. Without new information on said game in some time, it makes the forum somewhat redundant.

CaptainLee said:
Jostino said:

So what should we be discussing? What is going to be 'useful'? Rationally discussing the potential reasons for the lack of substantive information I think is a perfectly reasonable way to determine the state of the game. The forum was presumably put up to promote discussion of the game. Without new information on said game in some time, it makes the forum somewhat redundant.
I've send you a PM to explain better myself.

Regards

CaptainLee said:
Rationally discussing the potential reasons for the lack of substantive information I think is a perfectly reasonable way to determine the state of the game.

guessing in the dark why this or that won't help know the state of the game  :razz:

CaptainLee said:
So what should we be discussing?

maybe nothing at all, until we get the next bit of news (a blog, a interview, a Q&A, etc). Or just talk about nothing, that works too  :mrgreen:

kalarhan said:
guessing in the dark why this or that won't help know the state of the game  :razz:

I disagree. We can look at previous examples of games that had long waits in terms of substantive information. The absence of employees in key positions can also be indicative of a game's progress (see Empire Total War when the AI designer left or the infamous Stardock blame-the-marketing-director-for-the-****ty-release scandal of 2010)

We have so many awesome mods, we got *some* information on the Bannerlord, yet people are dissatisfied. Go and play Warband for crying out loud. Numerous mods get released almost on monthly basis, yet many people don't even bother to check them.

Bithon said:
We have so many awesome mods, we got *some* information on the Bannerlord, yet people are dissatisfied. Go and play Warband for crying out loud. Numerous mods get released almost on monthly basis, yet many people don't even bother to check them.

Most mods are simple reskins. I dont see your point. Why should I bother with reskins?

Bithon said:

It is perfectly reasonable to discuss the state of the game on a thread called Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. Perhaps you have mistaken it for a Mod forum.

If you don't like discussing Bannerlord on the Bannerlord thread, I suggest you yourself go play a mod. Heaven forbid we should try to discern the curious six month wait for a dev blog or significant info.

SenorZorros said:
clearly what we are supposed to do right now it to spite the mods by posting a barrage of bannerlord-related cat pictures.

that would be more interesting than

CaptainLee said:
discuss the state of the game

translation: create random conspiracy theories about the state of the game, with no facts to back them up  :shifty:

so go ahead  :mrgreen:

578 said:
Bithon said:

Most mods are simple reskins. I dont see your point. Why should I bother with reskins?

There are quite a lot of upcoming mods that look promising

EDIT: And ofcourse there are a lot of interesting existing mods

MrMundy said:
There already are more than a few. Claiming that Brytenwalda, 1257AD and such are just reskins is blatantly dishonest.

I have played both, Brytenwalda was okay, 1257 AD was a great mod in looks. Although, both are good mods, none of them introduce something to actually want me to go over a playthrough again. I have finished Warband and unlocked all achievements through 3 or 4 playthroughs, can't remember exactly. The only mod I really liked was Floris. Maybe because it was still very fresh back then and expanded on aspects the game really, really desperately needed.

Maybe they are polishing the combat as in for example how bad the ai was acting by getting stuck in that doorway in the siege offence and in the steam page trailer many of the archers doing moonwalk animations into the walls as they shot off arrows. Or they had issues with multiplayer. Could be anything really, I just hope they havnt run into too many troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom